We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Gator Bowl
Pitt Hater
From North Carolina
i'm just finishing up watching the game... and i have to give some love to our defense. yes after we started bringing pressure on the quarterback things really turned around... but those guys played with a lot of heart and really corrected the mistakes of the first half. Damn that was a great game!!!

...and that chick is still hot!!

Posted on: 1/1/2007 6:59 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Boone County, WV
And as hot as that chick is..the one on the sidelines of the Rose Bowl may be even hotter.

Posted on: 1/1/2007 7:50 pm

Pitt Hater
From East Aurora, NY via Aurora, WV
I found this and thought it held some real signifigance...plus i wouldn't be surprised to see the latter part of that happening as we speak!

ESPNs DJ Gallo and his preview of the Gator Bowl

Toyota Gator Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. West Virginia
West Virginia is a good bet to beat Georgia Tech, and that raises some interesting problems for Mountaineers fans who travel to Jacksonville for the game. Should they bring couches along with them to burn? Should they just purchase cheap couches in Jacksonville to incinerate? Should they burn the couches in their hotel rooms? Or should they just start breaking into homes in the neighborhood surrounding Alltel Stadium to set aflame all the couches they find inside? I suppose there is no right answer.

Posted on: 1/1/2007 8:21 pm

"Son, that's Pitt. You hate Pitt now. You hate Pitt tomorrow. You hate Pitt until the day you die. After that, you will hate Pitt for eternity."

From Alkol, Lincoln County
its just georgia tech. i doubt more than a handful of couches total have been torched.

Posted on: 1/1/2007 8:34 pm

From Boone County, WV
I can't think of one couch around here that's in danger of being incinerated this night. Georgia Tech isn't exactly Ohio State or even Notre Dame for that matter. Although I'm sure some overzealous college kids have thrown a Lazy Boy into their fire to roast marshmallows over.

Now if Boise State wins their bowl tonight..they have more than enough reason to torch something.

Posted on: 1/1/2007 8:41 pm

From Boone County, WV
Damn web browser

From Boone County, WV
Ahh a third post. Damn you Netscape Navigator.

Pitt Hater
From East Aurora, NY via Aurora, WV
yeah its just georgia tech but how many wins have left you with the feeling of pride you had after we came back and took this thing when things seemed as hopeless as they did? I can think of very few and think that a good couch burning is almost necessary. I mean the defense was abysmal, slaton was a total non-factor and the injuries kept piling up yet our boys showed they are more than just pat and steve as the rest of the world thinks. the backups came in and performed better than any of us could have hoped. Colson lit up a couple people on blocks for pat who had injured himself multiple times during the game yet kept on going as if nothing had happened. collington had a couple great running plays and kept that threat alive. Schmitty was f*cking awesome and embarrassed that defensive group from start to finish. And finally the defense which couldn't have been any worse in the first half stood up and dropped the hammer on them in the second half. I am currently at my place of work proudly displaying my blue and gold and see a few couches in the break room that might find their way outside and lit up. LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

Posted on: 1/1/2007 9:50 pm

"Son, that's Pitt. You hate Pitt now. You hate Pitt tomorrow. You hate Pitt until the day you die. After that, you will hate Pitt for eternity."

Gettin' Schmitty
From Monrovia MD
you would think the announcers would catch on.

They also introduced the Tech band as the Pride at halftime.

I lost respect for Slaton today. You don't take yourself out of the game if the trainer tells you you can play.

But "Eers!!!

winner, winner, chicken dinner!!

Posted on: 1/1/2007 10:53 pm

Suspected Punter
From Fairmont
I don't know about losing respect for Slaton. Obviously, he would have played if he felt he could have given it his all. I'm glad he knew to pull himself out...it gave a chance for Schmitt to plow over GT defenders and forced Pat White to throw some and changed the gameplan up.

Additionally, Slaton's wrist is still f*ked up and he's having surgery on it probably this week. Do we really want to risk another Louisville? He gave it a go, realized he couldn't perform at the level expected and benched himself. I can't say that's a bad thing, especially considering the outcome.

Posted on: 1/1/2007 11:54 pm

From Boone County, WV
Nah I've not lost any respect for Slaton. If anything I respect him for knowing that he couldn't do it and taking himself out. He just wasn't up to full speed today and in the long run..he could have hurt us more than helping us.

Next year is going to be damn awesome. We should have a fully healthy Pat, Steve and Owen all back. Got some holes on the O-line to fill though with both Dan Mozes and Sheffey gone. While I'm not going to go as far as saying 2007 will be the year of the Mountaineers..2007 is going to be awesome.

Farewell seniors. Been some good times, been some bad times but you guys went out on top with a win. Giving both the fans and yourselves some good memories.

I guess now it's officially basketball season which is already getting exciting. Rich Rod, Pat, Owen and Slaton's name will be heard less and Coach B, Frank, Joe, Ruoff, and even No Shot Bob's names will be heard more.

Go Mountaineers in 2007 and beyond!

Posted on: 1/2/2007 1:48 am

Pitt Hater
From Beckley, West Virginia
Hands-down, the defensive play of the game was Quinton Andrews' German Suplex in the first half.

Posted on: 1/2/2007 9:09 am

Here for the Beer
From Ashburn, VA
I have to agree with the Beast that I think Slaton taking himself out of the game allowed the offense to shift gears focusing on White and Schmitt. I actually think that they should have gone to Schmitt even more. It wasn't until the fourth quarter when Tech knew that Schmitt was getting the ball because of the formation that he was even slowed down a little. Slaton just didn't have the step that he has and without the extra step he is not big enough to run over and through tackles. That takes the extra strength in the legs and it wasn't there for him. I actually felt bad for him because you could see it in his face that he was disappointed in the fact that he couldn't go.

Posted on: 1/2/2007 9:41 am

Staff Writer
From Elkins
ok, he couldnt go...but when slaton was on the sidelines and not on the bike...she should have been the first person over there congratulating his teammates after a score. he was sulking because he didnt feel he could go.

just seems like he should have been more into it. but, i wasnt there...that is only what i could gather from the TV cameras when they panned the sidelines or followed slaton.

Posted on: 1/2/2007 9:43 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Monrovia MD
Both my daughters are former WVU football trainers. They said, when the trainers say publicly you can go, you go! If he couldn't go, the trainers would protect him by saying what they did in the Oklahoma game about Kelley. He says he's all right but the trainers are protecting his future by not letting him play. I think this is just like his pout in the Louisville game after the fumbles. This won't sit well with his prospective draft status.

White was hurt twice but kept on keeping on. He had several runs, where, if he'd had his usual step, he would have been gone. He personifies class and guts. I am sure glad the CBS "The pros have some questions about his passing" announcers may keep him in school until he finishes his eligibility.

Posted on: 1/2/2007 9:58 am

Here for the Beer
From Ashburn, VA
I can't argue with you on the fact that Slaton should have been a bigger cheerleader for the rest of the team.

However, the disappointment/sulking can be taken two ways. One that you are mired in your own self pity that you can't focus on others around you or that of the situation. Two was the energy and effort that you put into wanting to contribute to a win and the team was way down coming out of the half. This was further compounded by the fact that he couldn't go. Not wanting to take the spotlight from the rest of the team when they mounted the comeback. He was not a focus and pulled himself away from the spotlight. I don't remember seeing him that much after the half when it was reported by RR that he wasn't going to be playing any more. The focus was still on Tech and Calvin Johnson.

I want to lean more to the second line of thought because I haven't really seen the self pity from Slaton before and because I am usually the type of person to be drinking the Kool-Aid. Just my $.02.

Posted on: 1/2/2007 10:07 am

Here for the Beer
From Ashburn, VA
A duplicate post.

Posted on: 1/2/2007 10:07 am

Here for the Beer
From Ashburn, VA
Another duplicate post.

Posted on: 1/2/2007 10:10 am

Pitt Hater
From Daytona, but my hearts in WV
The game was awesome! I felt teary when I saw Rod before the game giving his "lace their shoes a little tighter" talk. I laughed, I screamed, I almost threw up....I felt panic! I will never lose respect for Slaton, he definitely got me thru these last 2 seasons with pride in those 'eers! It would take far more than an injury and even a few dui's in the streets of Cincy...I'd bail him in a beat! White was more than an athlete yesterday, he was a hero...and Schmitt...where do I begin? How about Mozes falling over like a statue. I LOVE WEST VIRGINIA FOOTBALL!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THOSE MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!

Posted on: 1/2/2007 10:22 am

Noob
I was at the game and the only time I noticed Slaton by himself was in the second quarter when he was on the bike, and he still had his helmet on. I'm sure he wanted to go back in. I did check from time to time to see where he was and I would see him during timeouts with the team. CBS must have painted a very different picture.

Posted on: 1/2/2007 5:44 pm

« 1 (2) 3 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved