We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards
 Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 13 »

Rodriguez not coaching Gator Bowl?
Suspected Punter
From Fairmont
According to bluegoldnews.com, Rich will not be coaching in the Gator Bowl...here's what they're saying:

"Tonight in Jacksonville, Florida, there is a confab of Gator Bowl officials and representatives of the 2007 Gator Bowl teams, West Virginia and Georgia Tech. Included is West Virginia Coach Rich Rodriguez. But bowl officials reportedly have been told that Rodriguez won't be there to coach the Mountaineers in the game.

That does not necessarily mean that Rich Rodriguez is headed to Alabama as the new head football coach of the Crimson Tide. But if he is not going to be coaching West Virginia in the Gator Bowl on New Year's Day from Jacksonville, Florida, that could be an indication he is accepting the Alabama offer."

Seems odd to write something like that unless you kinda have an idea what you're talking about. So, who wants to coach?

Posted on: 12/7/2006 6:05 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Rodriguez not coaching Gator Bowl?
Pitt Hater
From HOME
thats a bunch of balogne. Even if he does leave he will coach.

Posted on: 12/7/2006 6:31 pm

BAMA MAKES THE OFFER
Pitt Hater
From HOME
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/st ... n=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

But I have a feeling he is not going anywhere.
Straight from Slaton
Quote:
However, West Virginia tailback Steve Slaton, who is in Orlando to attend Thursday night's Home Depot College Football Awards Show at Walt Disney World Resort, told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach that Rodriguez told his team he's not going anywhere.

Posted on: 12/7/2006 6:33 pm

Suspected Punter
From Fairmont
I don't want him coaching in the Gator Bowl if he is really leaving. The story seems pretty weird to me though...why would anyone tell Gator Bowl officials that the he wouldn't be there? It just doesn't make sense but bluegold has always been pretty reputable.

Posted on: 12/7/2006 6:36 pm

WMITC
Bluegoldnews needs to be stripped of their media privileges if all of this turns out to be untrue. Sometimes I feel like I'm reading the National Enquirer.

Posted on: 12/7/2006 6:52 pm

Suspected Punter
From Fairmont
I would agree with that! What sucks is that this thing has to be dragged out over the course of a week...it's bad for the fans, current athletes and recruits...everyone's on edge.

Posted on: 12/7/2006 6:53 pm

Pitt Hater
From HOME
It hurts the athletes the worst. Which is why I don't understand how Rich could put his selfishness over these kids that he has mentored and taught.

Posted on: 12/7/2006 6:57 pm

RE: WHY DOESN'T HE JUST ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY...
Noob
If he is leaving, why not just announce it? Why torment everyone? What does everyone think? My gut says he's a goner...

Posted on: 12/7/2006 7:00 pm

Re: Rod is Scare'n tha S**t outta ME!!!!! (bama news)
Account_Deleted
Quote:

wvu-willy wrote:
Blah Blah Blah... same old crap from the pimple faced blow-turd. Hey shit-for-brains, your mommy is calling, so f*ck-off!

Translation:

"Damn, this Stanker is good. I wish to all things good that I walked in his shoes."

Posted on: 12/7/2006 7:14 pm

WMITC
From Houston, TX
OK here is what I got from a kid who works for me who is a 'Bama boy born-n-raised and a huge Tide fan...this word is from the Tuscaloosa end: Basically 'Bama is throwing millions his way and word is out down there that WVU is not willing to pay him the millions he deserves and is unwilling to play the negotiation game; both of which Bama is willing to do and he has all but bitten the hook.

Now we know that newscasters have three goals: sell the story, sell the story and sell the story at any cost so we can only speculate. However Chris Henry may just have to move over because I see a new award on the horizon if he bolts to the land of milk and money.

As a cheery after thought....Look what happened to Spurrier when he left NCAA for the big bucks of the NFL. Ker-splat.....

Posted on: 12/7/2006 7:15 pm

WMITC
Stanker... as you may have noticed... things are pretty tense around here right now. I would advise against any and all flame wars right now.

Posted on: 12/7/2006 7:17 pm

Re: BAMA MAKES THE OFFER
Account_Deleted
Uh-oh

Posted on: 12/7/2006 7:17 pm

Re: BAMA MAKES THE OFFER
Account_Deleted
Quote:

valleybacker wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/st ... n=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

But I have a feeling he is not going anywhere.
Straight from Slaton
Quote:
However, West Virginia tailback Steve Slaton, who is in Orlando to attend Thursday night's Home Depot College Football Awards Show at Walt Disney World Resort, told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach that Rodriguez told his team he's not going anywhere.

Yeah... here's another quote from Slaton in that same article...

"I hope it doesn't come down to money," Slaton said. "But he's got to do what's best for his family."

Posted on: 12/7/2006 7:18 pm

Re: Let's Say the Shit goes down....
WMITC
From Houston, TX
Heard this last night from a kid who works for me who is a huge Tide fan. He said "we are after your coach and looks like we just may get him."

Posted on: 12/7/2006 7:18 pm

Re: Let's Say the Shit goes down....

From Boone County, WV
The problem is the media has already been wrong once about this. They said the announcement was supposed to be before or after Rutgers. That didn't happen. Seems like they said right after that Sunday or Monday..didn't happen either.

I still believe he's staying. I'll believe that until an official announcement comes out. If you recall, according to the media, John Beilien got beat by Bob Huggins and WVU last night. (that's pulling a bunch of wrong media stories together at one time..but you get the picture)

And if he does go..he's one of the biggest liars in WVU history..plain and simple. That was cemented by that little tirade on the Statewide Sportsline last week.

Posted on: 12/7/2006 7:24 pm

From Boone County, WV
LOL the Rich Rodriguez Asshole of the Week Award...

And what would become of all of those cardboard Rich Rods around the state?

Posted on: 12/7/2006 7:30 pm

Pitt Hater
From Washington, DC
Jesus this is getting ridiculous.

Latest news as of 8:06pm Thursday.

From ESPN -- Alabama has formally offered Rich the job, decisions expected in the next 48 hours.

From Miami fan cite -- Miami is expected to match the terms of Alabama's offer to Rodriguez, which is believed to be $2 million per. This is after Miami considered delivering the job to Texas Tech's Mike Leach, but yesterday Miami rescinded its talks with Leach because of the speed of Alabama's negotiations.

Steve Slaton from Orlando, FL at the Awards Banquet:

"Coach told us last Friday he wasn't going anywhere for a long time."

"But I know he has to do the right thing for his family."

And now Rivals.com is reporting that Rodriguez has already decided to leave WVU and that the only question is whether it will be for Miami or Alabam. Apparently a source close to Rich indicated that Coach made up his mind following the meeting with Ed Pastilong in which EP made it effectively clear that WVU was uninterested in negotiating any new money in Rodriguez's deal since his current extension is less than 12 months old.

I'm sick to my f*cking stomach. I will never be able to get over seeing him prowl the sideline of another team. Somebody wake me up when this is over.

Posted on: 12/7/2006 8:10 pm

Account_Deleted
We Must Ignite This Cardboard Rich Rodriguez?

Posted on: 12/7/2006 8:20 pm

Pitt Hater
From Beckley, West Virginia
Did anyone else see Rod dodging questions on the College Football Awards show? A reporter asked, "Will you be coaching the Gator Bowl?". Rod turns his head and asks if anyone else has questions regarding the bowl game. That's not good, correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted on: 12/7/2006 8:35 pm

From Boone County, WV
I've been searching diligently for hours now trying to find something..anything. I'm running into mostly the same stories. I can't find anything that confirms any of what we've been hearing.

The word all over down here is he's gone. But I still find it hard to believe.

Posted on: 12/7/2006 8:36 pm

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 13 »

Topic is Locked

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved