We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards
 Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

(1) 2 3 4 ... 13 »

Rod is Scare'n tha S**t outta ME!!!!! (bama news)
Noob

Posted on: 12/5/2006 11:05 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Rod is Scare'n tha S**t outta ME!!!!! (bama news)
Pitt Hater
From Beckley, West Virginia
He needs to quit pussyfooting around it and tell 'em no already. He's worrying me, too, and every time I hear about it I get closer to believing that Rod is going to 'Bama. I wish he'd make up his mind and announce it, but he might not until after the Gator Bowl.

Posted on: 12/5/2006 11:10 pm

Noob
Well...the sooner we hear the news the better...if he doesn't want it he should just say so...if he keeps pussyfoot'n around until the Gator Bowl then I think there's a good chance he's leavin...MAN...CAN US EERS FANS EVER CATCH A BREAK

Posted on: 12/5/2006 11:13 pm

Pitt Hater
I'm afraid that if he says he's leaving before we play in the Gator Bowl, the team will be too emotional to play. I wouldn't want Rod to win his last game here or any at Alabama if he's leaving.

Posted on: 12/5/2006 11:15 pm

From Boone County, WV
I think Rod is eventually going to tell "Bama "thanks but no thanks"..but not before taking notes down as to what he wants from WVU lol.

Posted on: 12/5/2006 11:23 pm

Pitt Hater
What I'm hoping he's doing is just being nice and not blowing 'Bama off, but you'd think he'd tell them "no" straight up instead of bullshitting. Then again, it could be an ingenius ploy to get more cash from WVU.

Posted on: 12/5/2006 11:25 pm

From Boone County, WV
I'd say that's what it is. He is underpaid..bad.

Posted on: 12/5/2006 11:31 pm

Pitt Hater
Considering what other coaches who aren't as great are getting paid and considering what he's done for this program, I think WVU is holding out on him. They could manage a $3 million salary to Coach Rod.

Posted on: 12/5/2006 11:32 pm

Pitt Hater
From HOME
Here is the down right deal.
This will destroy the team. He knows this.
And this is why I believe he is leaving.
If he seriously did not want to leave, he would come out right now in press conference (like Rutgers did) and admit that he is staying at WVU. Because the longer he lets this play out, the bigger it will hurt the players.

Which is why these rumors are true, because he wouldn't allow these rumors to hurt the players if it weren't true. Basically he is going to leave, but he will wait until after the Gator Bowl to announce.

Posted on: 12/5/2006 11:50 pm

Pitt Hater
From HOME
ps: I hope I am wrong.

Posted on: 12/6/2006 12:14 am

Pitt Hater
From East Aurora, NY via Aurora, WV

Posted on: 12/6/2006 12:36 am

"Son, that's Pitt. You hate Pitt now. You hate Pitt tomorrow. You hate Pitt until the day you die. After that, you will hate Pitt for eternity."

Pitt Hater
Goddamn it. I hope they don't offer him anything. I hope they blow him off, or the other way around.

Posted on: 12/6/2006 12:40 am

From Boone County, WV
They could very well offer him the job and he refuse it. A job offer does not exactly mean he'll take the job. (Think Bob Huggins..we could have very well been disussing "What's Coach Huggins;s team going to do against NC State tommorrow night. Ah well we got the better end of the deal...screw you Huggins.)

Anyway. The lack of anything coming from the WVU side of things makes me wonder though. They're acting as if they have nothing to worry about...or maybe they've already got a sweet deal under wraps.

If you recall though...they got some of this info from here the last time saying Rod would announce Sunday or Monday. Well that didn't happen.

If I was a college football coach..I'd probably entertain folk from other colleges as well just to see what they had to offer.

The problem is when you can't trust your local media..you don't know where to look for news on these things.

Posted on: 12/6/2006 1:02 am

Pitt Hater
I don't entirely trust ESPN, but I've got nowhere else to look. I guess I can keep a close watch on the Dominon Post for the next few days.

Posted on: 12/6/2006 1:09 am

Pitt Hater
From HOME
Ok, I just thought of something. Perhaps this silence from ROD, is just pushing WVU to make a counter offer. Perhaps WVU is making the counter offer as we speak?

It seems like Coach Rod, in the present situation either announce immediately that he is at Bama, or dispel the myth completely again. But it seems he is waiting, which makes me believe that he is talking to the AD and getting a new contract at wvu?

Posted on: 12/6/2006 1:11 am

Pitt Hater
That would be cool. If I had Eddie P's digits, I'd give him a ring and be like, "listen here, bitchie. Shell out the clams for Roddy or else, buttf*cker."

I'm sure that'd work

Posted on: 12/6/2006 1:15 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Monrovia MD
He can't wait until after the Gator Bowl to announce. Top recruiting is right now. The college studs need to know who will be the coach before they commit. My worry is this will cause him to take kids who have committed to him here to Bama with him, leaving the new W V Coach to recruit from a more limited pile. We will be 6-6 next year and 4-8 after that with a tougher schedule coming up.

And forget the Bowl game. Teams with coaches leaving are lousy against the spread because what is the coach going to do to them? He's gone. Smart money on Nevada to beat or at least cover against Miami.

Posted on: 12/6/2006 9:23 am

Suspected Punter
From Fairmont
Well, we'll know by the end of the week for sure...Alabama doesn't want it to drag out forever and I'm sure RR doesn't want it to either. I'm sure EP and RR have talked and I'm sure EP knows what he wants and is working on it.

As for the future, if RR does leave, I don't see it as the end of Mountaineer football. We'll find another coach and we'll be successful. I think the basketball program proves you can overcome adversity...

Posted on: 12/6/2006 10:08 am

Pitt Hater
From Daytona, but my hearts in WV
I think he is staying. I'd bet the farm on it. He may want more cash and I say cough it up! The Rod is here, his wife has been reported as "up all night crying over the rumors" I say once you are in WV...WV is in you....He'll stay...bets...
I don't think he would commit right before a bowl...I'm gay that way...I believe he will stay...

Posted on: 12/6/2006 11:13 am

Account_Deleted
If I were Rich-Rod, my bags would be packed and the Paul Arpin Van Lines would be reserving about 10 trucking crews to move me ASAP.

Of course... I guess this will be the true litmus test for the loyalty of WVU alums.

[drum-roll]

One of the motherships of college football programs is landing in your front yard. Your dogs are barking up a storm and your wife is yelling "What's that loud noise outside!!!!?!!!"

Do you get on?

Or do you stay put.

I'd say this is a defining moment.

Fame and fortune are calling.

Do you look toward joining the biggest and best football conference in America? Or do stay put in an unstable Big East that was stripped of it's powers and forced to stop along the football highway to pick-up some road kill to complete the league.

Posted on: 12/6/2006 11:29 am

(1) 2 3 4 ... 13 »

Topic is Locked

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved