We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: U of L countdown thread.
Pitt Hater
From Washington, DC
samizdat, I feel your pain. I watched the South Park episode over again around noon, and suddenly realized it wasn't really funny. I may lose my G-D mind by the time 7pm rolls around. I think I may have to go home and start playing out the game on PS2 in NCAA 2007 a couple dozens times, if my stress level can take it.

Posted on: 11/2/2006 1:54 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Hey Beast your ole buddy Chuck was on local radio up here today and now I know why you hate his ass. He went on and on about how wvu can't stop brohm and will lose helping the local suckeye radio guys claim that wvu has no business undefeated or not being in the nc. But drink up and f*ck you Chuck.
LEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted on: 11/2/2006 5:19 pm

I-79 Alumni
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
well what we have been bitching about all year stupid plays ie flags and fumbles plus the lack of a pass def. my hats off to u of l they showed that they can play with anybody and win. If they win out and don't make the title game it will be a disgrace. but I hope they lose two and we can repeat as big east champs.

Posted on: 11/2/2006 11:12 pm

I-79 Alumni

WMITC
From Houston, TX
Well, we showed how to effectively piss away a game and a shot at the NC. Louisville did good; wish I could say the same for us.

Posted on: 11/2/2006 11:18 pm

From Boone County, WV
Well I guess the new season theme song should be that "The Dream is Over" song that one group sang.I'll remember the group eventually.

Louisville deserves the chance to play for the big one if they win out. The Lville fans looked sorta of classy after the game (some of them anyway) they were patting Slaton and some of the guys on the back.

Oh yes and onto Suck Landon. He interviewed a bunch of Terd players today who wanted Louisville to win and win big. Frigging Marshall's football team should get a CHAW on that alone..all except Marky Mark. Mark Snyder was pulling for WVU. Stupid Green and White Bastards.

Posted on: 11/2/2006 11:33 pm

WMITC
From Houston, TX
Well, it is my understanding that Louisville and WVU have a good rivalry as far as those things go. They deserve a run at the NC if they run the table but they have tough games coming up. Someone has to carry the Big East; unfortunately I thought it would be us (boy am I gonna hear about this tomorrow at the office. TGIFF.)

Posted on: 11/2/2006 11:40 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
I just can't sleep now. You think how winable this game was. A fumble and piss poor punt and we are just about out of it. puntaz gets laid needs taken out back and beat. This hurts and hurts bad. I should be able to get some stuff done this weekend though because I don't know if I will be able to watch anymore football this weekend. Go blue beat osu please because I may end up jacking some asshole in the morning.

Posted on: 11/2/2006 11:51 pm

I-79 Alumni

From Boone County, WV
I don't know if I'll sleep either. This is the most depressing thing that has happened in a very, very long time. One night and the whole world comes crashing down.

I hope Michigan beats OSU. The rest of it just doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Posted on: 11/2/2006 11:57 pm

WMITC
From Houston, TX
Yep. Go Blue. At least they wear the same colors....

Posted on: 11/2/2006 11:58 pm

From Boone County, WV
I guess we'll move on to what's left of the season...and then basketball. Cincy next week. I'm just afraid their spirit is as broke as ours is. If it is...there may not be much to see the rest of the season.

The stuff that we've been harping about for the past two months finally came and bit them on the ass. Despite the "oh there's nothing to worry about" crowd.

Looks like it was something to worry about after all.

Posted on: 11/3/2006 12:20 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
I do have to say that Pat played balls to the wall and god bless him for that. We still have a outside chance for a bcs bid and we have to hand pitt their ass. and go blue.

Posted on: 11/3/2006 12:26 am

I-79 Alumni

WMITC
From Houston, TX
At this juncture we have to hand EVERYONE their ass. Style points may help us here, but I am not holding my breath. Pat did what he could with what he had...but that sure wasn't much tonight. how many bleachers will they be running for all the stupid mistakes and penalties...

Never thought I would say this (since I thought I would be rooting for another gold-n-blue team in NC) but Go Michigan!!! Beat the Suckeyes.

Posted on: 11/3/2006 12:30 am

Noob
From St. Louis, MO via Pocahontas County, WV
Kozlowski's a frosh, so I can almost begin to forgive him. Maybe next sometime next week. Antonio Lewis, on the other hand, is a Junior. And someone needs to tell him he's only 5'10". And lining up in a 6'6" WR's face on the corner when everyone else is playing run is just stupid.

Do we have any prospects in the secondary? I see a couple freshman on the roster listed at 6'3", but not info on them. Justin Blankenship and Greg Davis.

Of course I'm just sour. Grrr.

I will say it almost brought a tear to my eye to watch the Mounties march 92 yards down the field for a TD after a gut wrenching series of fumbles and miscues. This team has grit. There's no doubt about that.

Louisville played very tough. Yea yea, whatever.

Posted on: 11/3/2006 12:48 am

WMITC
Well... to sum that game up... Lville outplayed us... there were no bad calls or anything like that. We fumbled the ball.... a lot. They came out and played and we didn't. No WVU fan has any reason to come up with any type of excuses, they outplayed us. I'm very, very, very dissapointed but hey shit happens. We have a young team and next year the D is going to be more experienced :)

Posted on: 11/3/2006 1:11 am

WMITC
I didn't see the post before me talking about 'antonio lewis' before i made my post. Well... I'm too drunk to get into the topic of 'Antonio Lewis' right now lol. (For those of you who dont exactly know who antonio lewis is... hes the guy who fumbled the punt against va tech. in 2005 that gave the game away.... as well as the guy who's jersey you are most likely to see tackling a guy on the other team after a big pass play.)

Posted on: 11/3/2006 1:15 am

Noob
From Morgantown, WV
Pat White was down right legendary tonight despite the loss, and im still proud of the offense. The D was pretty much non-existant. But hey it's one loss, and we are still going to a bowl, we still have the Pitt game to look foward too. Oh and next year looking at our roster i think we're only losing 7 players, and We will for sure be in the top 5 once again.

Posted on: 11/3/2006 1:55 am

Every Morning When I wake up I piss pure %100 Excellence

WMITC
From Houston, TX
Well, I have to agree with Maadman. Louisville wanted a shot at the NC, the Big East and the win more. They showed up on fire and ready to play. We did not show up at all in the third quarter and by the end it was too little too late (I yelled at the TV, "Weak arm, Steve??? Pittsnogle got back in the game gushing nose, blurry eyes and all and still fired the 3-pointer that nearly got us OT! Get back in there!) We led in fumbles and penalties, and the issues plaguing the 'Eers that I worried about all season came to fruition in a spectacular implosion. I went to bed thinking "are they worth following to the end now"? I thought that the only thing worth watching for was to ensure they won and did not wind up in some totally embarrassing minor bowl like the Tampax-Midol Bowl and get totally decimated by an inconsequential team. I thought: great, we were right back where we started...smack in the middle, with pundits howling "see, we said WVU was overrated…."

This morning I can say that we pretty much sucked and Louisville didn't. We made so many mistakes that Louisville pounced on and it was clear which team wanted it more. We did have some good points. White was awesome at running and throwing, but we need people who can catch…someone other than Slaton and Schmitt. We need to throw the ball more. Reynaud needs to be used more; this guy is a clutch player who can pull things out (and has all season.) Was it weak arm or rationalization for muffing critical plays..though Steve was awesome when switched on. Chihuahua defenders should not be placed on Great Dane offensive players and our D needs to stop being distracted so much that they clamor around one guy leaving four open. Puntaz needs to be taken out behind the shed and shown what a really good kick to the ball will deliver.

But the Big East rivalries are not over yet….

There are a couple of variables:

1. Could we fall as far as USC (or worse)? They got beat by an unranked team and only fell from #3 to #8. We at #3 got beat by #5. I know the pundits are champing at the bit to put Notre Lame back in the thick of it, and that a one loss Texas or USC will trump a one loss WVU in their eyes. Ideally, it should be a flip-flop of us and Louisville; will the AP et al see it that way?

2. Rutgers is on fire too. They are Louisville's next game (and our last) and I would bet the ranch that they want a shot at knocking down the #1 team in the Big East, like Louisville wanted yesterday. We both still have to play Pitt, who is looking stronger as the season progresses (after an embarrassing defeat by perennial pillow fight team Michigan State, they clobbered the Citadel and Toledo, held out against Sorrycuse, and fell to Rutgers.) Should they lose and we win against them, we may regain our position. However we cannot play like we did last night and expect to beat the remaining teams.

3. If Louisville remains the only undefeated team in the Big East, good on those guys. Go out there and knock 'em dead. You looked awesome last night and if you continue to play like that, you could take all the marbles (and get the Big East some decent recognition.) At least you are not VT.

In the meantime, our 'Eers better get their asses in gear, get their tempers under control, quit the penalties and fumbles, catch the damn ball, and get back in the game. The shot at the NC is gone (Go Blue) but there is still Big Eeast ball to be played….one where we may still be able to get to the top of the heap.

Posted on: 11/3/2006 10:30 am

Staff Writer
From Elkins
well, now (and I hate to say it) WVU fans must come together and cheer on Louisville and USC. Why? Well, with the title shot pretty much completely blown out of the water...U of L can get there and get 17 million for the Big East. USC is the major road block to ND. Of course, we root for Cal against USC and everyother team against them and ND as well. If USC loses to Cal (and hopefully Oregon) and beats ND...that leaves the BE spot open in the BCS IF (and its a big one) UL can make the BCS title.

ok that seems like a lot of finger crossing and what-ifs, but...it is not out of the question. hey, 30 mil would be nice for the BE, right?

Posted on: 11/3/2006 11:10 am

Account_Deleted
Hey Boyz!

Posted on: 11/3/2006 3:15 pm

Account_Deleted
So I'm curious to know... what was that grimacing look on your Coach's face last night? Was it (A) The sudden realization that he hadn't faced a defense ranked under 50 all season? or (B) Another realization that his QB can run like the wind but has a chicken wing for an arm? or (C) He was coming to grips with the fact that his team was being EXPOSED in front of millions? or, (D) It was just the look of someone getting out-right hammered on the grid-iron.

You know, he had the same look on his face during the Gator Bowl while the Terps were shellacking his team 41-7 in the most meaningful meeting between those squads in decades.

WVU was exposed on so many levels, I'm not even sure where to begin. Slaton? What was up with faking an injury to cover up for his inability to hold on to the pig skin? I could go on forever about all the minutia of everything that went wrong - but, heck, you probably watched at least 3/4 of the game. So why bother. Right?

What really needs to be address here is the reality of WVU and Louisville Football and the Big East in general. Here is a list of teams that the Top 3 Teams - the only decent teams - in the Big East have played this year. I'll start off with "respectable opponents": Miami (FL), Kansas State and Maryland... heck, I'll throw you a bone and Include Pitt in there. And now for the embarassing reality.. the pitiful opponents: TEMPLE, OHIO, SOUTH FLORIDA, HOWARD, KENTUCKY, MIDDLE TENN STATE, CINCY, NAVY, SYRACUSE, UNC, ILLINOIS, UCONN, MARSHALL, E. WASHINGTON, ECU, and Mississippi State. Phew. Someone should take all of those football teams and make one giant conference - the Big Least.

After seeing that honor-roll of pitifull games, I can't believe one of you guys actually had the audacity to suggest that USC was over-rated. Are you kidding me?

I don't need to tell you this, but your season is over. Look at the exciting games you have coming up:Cincy, Pitt, South Florida... and the most over-rated team in the entire country, Rutgers (who narrowly beat UNC and South Florida and who didn't exactly look great against UCONN. This is a team that hasn't been in the Top 25 in 30 years... it's a nice story... but geese... they aren't exactly doing it for anyone). Frankly, I think you guys are looking at the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl (Dec. 19) or maybe the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl (Dec. 23), if you are lucky.

I was actually rooting for WVU last night. I had my little Blue and Gold pom-pom waving back and forth. Screaming with glee as the EERS ran run play after run play. 3rd and 25? Hey... let's run a running play!!! It's all good.

I guess the good thing is that this loss will help your coach begin talking about other coaching opportunities without feeling like he's causing the inevitable: the end of the National Championship run.

Don't worry boys... you always have B-Ball coming up. Oh wait... maybe you do need to worry.

Peace out.

Posted on: 11/3/2006 3:48 pm

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved