We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 »

WAKE UP PEOPLE (multi thread)
WMITC
OMG - this website is so lame. Let me see here. WVU... a team with no history... wins one meaningless bowl game and all of a sudden they are the cat's meow of college football - past, present and future? All of a sudden the Big East is more fun to watch than the Big Ten, ACC, SEC, PAC 10...?????? Have you folks seen the attendence numbers for Big East games? Good lord.

So you have a #4 ranking... and you had a really exciting match-up against UConn last week. I mean seriously. Does anyone really care??? NO!!!!! Will anyone outside of Morgantown really bat an eye when your Mountaineers play Syracuse or Louisville? NO!!!!!!! Actually, the only team left in the Big East with any kind of history is Syracuse... and they were one of the schools desperately trying to fly the nest to the ACC.

Frankly, this website... full of this gushing "we are gods of the universe"... and actual suprise that Kevin Pittsnoogle isn't the next coming of Jordan to the NBA... is a JOKE. Seriously, my WVU fans. Stop and get a grip on reality.

Posted on: 10/25/2006 8:21 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: WAKE UP PEOPLE
Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
So do you when National Championships based on history or on what you do this year? Don't get the whole history thing. But who is you team? VT. But you come on this site namless and faceless and run your mooth. Saying things that would get your ass kicked anyother time. But that's just me. So before you head out the door please try and explain to me what a stank is. You my friend are a jackass. So please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Posted on: 10/25/2006 8:38 pm

I-79 Alumni

From Boone County, WV
The GayCC is so lame it took a fight between Miami and Florida International for anyone to be interested in it again. Which one of precious GayCC teams are in the top ten right now Mr. Maryland? Your name should be MARYLAND_STANKS.

For those of you who don't remember, WVU_STANKS is a Maryland troll. I guess since Maryland is stinking up the world of college football right now he decided that he would return and start blasting WVU again. WVU handed Maryland their asses, sorta hard to talk trash.

And I believe the Big East has a winning record against the GayCC this year as well as every other conference they've played this year. I can think of two GayCC victories right off the bat...WVU over Maryland, Louisville over Miami (one of those schools that "flew the nest")

It's funny that no one gives a care yet the game everyone is talking about is WVU vs. Louisville. Even Charlie Weis said that the winner of the Louisville-WVU game would be playing the winner of the Ohio State-Michigan game for the National Title if USC loses (which is going to happen anytime) You know who Charlie Weis is don't you? Probably not..but we'll just assume you do.

South Florida would even beat that sorry excuse of a football team that Maryland has. Shoot I'd venture to say that any team in the Big East could.

The Big East didn't collapse and you idiots who kiss the GayCC's ass can't take it. The GayCC is in more danger of losing it's BCS bid than any other BCS conference right now. And it's funny how you still seem to love a conference that said "Maryland, North Carolina and the rest of these teams suck. Let's go into the Big East and grab some teams." If I was a Maryland...I would be wanting to jump off the GayCC ship the first chance I got.

And speaking of Pittsnogle...I don't believe anybody said he "was the next coming of Jordan to the NBA" you're just so stupid that you're starting to make crap up.

It's you that need to come to grips with reality my friend. The GayCC sucks, the Big East is kicking ass and the team you like to down killed Maryland.

And I'd hardly call a BCS bowl meaningless...again you show your stupidity. It's far from meaningless especially when it's played against the SEC Champion. Who was the GayCC's rep last year in the BCS bowls? Oh that's right #22 Florida State who lost of I remember right.

The only lame one around here is you.

Of course it's hard to even listen to someone who doesn't even know that Syracuse is in an Atlantic Coast State....

Posted on: 10/25/2006 8:41 pm

Here for the Beer
From Morgantown

Posted on: 10/25/2006 8:45 pm

Pitt Hater
From Morgantown
blow me. plain and simple.

Posted on: 10/25/2006 8:55 pm

From Alkol, Lincoln County
i don't want him to blow me, its hard to tell where he's been. probably with raphael..i mean ralph friegden, sorry i get my ninja turtles and fairyland terps mixed up.

Posted on: 10/25/2006 9:21 pm

Suspected Punter
From Orlando, FL
I think it’s funny that a Maryland fan would voluntarily seek out a WVU message board and read different posts in order to have something to talk about. I could understand a fan of Louisville coming on with an up coming game and all, but after the Twerps got their asses beat I figured they would crawl back into their shell until the next time.

Next time you go onto a site and talk shit, you should at least leave your name or email, but I shouldn’t expect that from a Maryland fan,

Posted on: 10/25/2006 9:44 pm

WMITC
Your argument is so pathetic - it's almost embarassing. And you confirmed everything my email professed.

You can split hairs over the meaning of Atlantic Coast Conference all you want. I know you think you are amusing and all... and the fact that your Mountaineers are in the throws of probably the most gripping and exciting season in the history of college football just makes you feel so superior... but the fact is that even Louisville had been considered for the ACC until it became obvious that better academic institutions that had good sports programs were open to coming in. Syracuse may be techincally in a state that marginally touches the Atlantic Ocean - but it's only by the smallest of margins, my friend. Does the term "Up-State New York" mean anything to you, jackass? Probably not. The term Atlantic Coast Conference is a historical remnant... much like the term Big East. Is Louisville located in an :finger East Coast State? The last time I checked Kentucky is proud to call itself Southern... and in some cases Middle America. How about Marquette? And I'm beggin you, please don't piggy-back WV onto the East Coast.

So, I open the door to you. Name one meaningful win... and by that I mean a game that delivers the only kind of win that is meaningful... a CHAMPIONSHIP... that any team at WVU has won since 2000. You might have to google this one. Okay... why don't we open it up the past 15 years. Have fun, buck-o.

The fact remains that you are probably sitting on this message board giggling to yourself... all giddy and excited... thinking that the rest of the US is up dreaming about watching the next exciting Big East match-up. When actually, the rest of the country is thinking anything but.

If you'd look at the recent ranking polls... you would see an ACC school IS in the Top 10. That school being Clemson, you jackass. In fact, there are 4 ACC schools in the Top 25... which is 1 more team than the Big East has in the Top 25. I guess you could pat yourself on the back because Pittsburgh is getting 5 votes... but after that who is worth a snake's ass? South Florida? Do they even have a campus??? Or are they a rival to the University of Phx? But of course, you're probably on such a high after watching that exciting match-up against UConn (how exciting is that... a team that just recently gained Division 1-A status. Who's next for the Big East. Oh... oh... I know... maybe they could pick-up UMass when they finally make the jump from 1-AA... talk about some exciting football!!!).

Posted on: 10/25/2006 9:53 pm

Suspected Punter
From Orlando, FL
When was the last time Maryland was even on television, other then when we provide the main focus of course? I guarantee more people watch Louisville-WVU then any Maryland game in history. And if you want to pull a quote, you can quote me on that.

Posted on: 10/25/2006 10:01 pm

WMITC
TV? Last weekend, you noob. And if you tune this weekend...they'll be on again on ESPN2. And the following weekend? Yep, at Clemson. Yeah - you know, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're game against BC will probably at least get on the radio, right?

So this wonderful Louisville vs WVU match-up is so important that it is going to get better TV ratings than the 41-7 THUMPING that Maryland gave your Moutaineers in the Gator Bowl? After all... that was a Bowl Game and weren't you guys Big East co-champions that year? Phew. That was one helluva team you had there, champ.

Of course this all important regular season match-up between two Big East teams (chuckle...) would probably get a better rating than the 2002 Peach Bowl, when the Terps trounced all over Tennessee. Yeah your right, I mean after all there really aren't very many SEC fans in the US. And this Louisville game you speak of will definitely have better ratings that the BCS game the Terps played in during the 2001 season. Yeah... you are probably right. I mean, after all, this Louisville game is larger than life. Heck, I'd go as far as saying it is bigger than the USC vs. Notre Dame game last year... maybe even last year's National Championship game. In fact, I'm willing to bet that WVU's game against South Florida will probably have higher ratings than any other game this year. That's going to be a real barn-burner.

Posted on: 10/25/2006 10:22 pm

Pitt Hater
From Beckley, West Virginia
Quote:

WVU_STANKS wrote:
So, I open the door to you. Name one meaningful win... and by that I mean a game that delivers the only kind of win that is meaningful... a CHAMPIONSHIP...

If you'd look at the recent ranking polls... you would see an ACC school IS in the Top 10. That school being Clemson, you jackass. In fact, there are 4 ACC schools in the Top 25... which is 1 more team than the Big East has in the Top 25. I guess you could pat yourself on the back because Pittsburgh is getting 5 votes... but after that who is worth a snake's ass? South Florida? Do they even have a campus??? Or are they a rival to the University of Phx? But of course, you're probably on such a high after watching that exciting match-up against UConn (how exciting is that... a team that just recently gained Division 1-A status. Who's next for the Big East. Oh... oh... I know... maybe they could pick-up UMass when they finally make the jump from 1-AA... talk about some exciting football!!!).

Ok. First off, sweetheart, a championship isn't the only meaningful win a team can garner, especially considering that team has to win at least 11 games or so to get to the title game. There are 11 meaningful wins right there. Sure, we haven't won a championship as of right now, but I can delve into the history of West Virginia Football and find many meaningful games. Last year's game against Louisville was important. The Marshall game was important to people throughout our great state and our program (believe it or not). The Sugar Bowl win against SEC champ Georgia was detrimental to the Big East Conference. The three Peach Bowl wins against UNC ('69), N.C. State ('75), and Florida ('81) were important. Two undefeated regular seasons (1988 and 1993) were of utmost importance.

Yes, I actually like Clemson and cheered for them against GT even though I'm not partial to the all-purple uniforms. The Big East has two teams in the Top 10, one of which is in the Top 5. So, you want to talk about big wins against not-so-big teams? How about those Maryland Terps, barely pulling it off against FIU, 14-10? God knows Middle Tenn State gave them a fight; UM wins 24-10. What a blowout! Let's not forget that nail-biter against UVA. I was surprised when the weak Terp squad pulled that win off, but happy because it made West Virginia look a little better as a team. Florida State and Miami? They're MIA, and two terrible teams have taken their places. No way are these the powerhouses of old. Check yourself next time you want to make an attempt at talking football in here so you won't make yourself look like a complete fool.

Posted on: 10/25/2006 10:40 pm

From Boone County, WV
East Coast State? What the hell are you talking about? The Big East means the East not the East Coast. You make try to make arguments yet you don't have a clue what you're talking about. So to you :finger :finger right back to you bitch.

And I said top 10 not top 25. Clemson WOW! 1. WVU, Louisville-2 Give me either WVU or Louisville over Clemson anyday. They'd both kick Clemson's ass. Rutgers would too. So don't change the subject jackass.

Let's see here, WVU has been winning the Big East Championship the past few years, the Sugar Bowl Champions (a much more meaningful win than Maryland or any ACC team has had lately) hmmm...Oh and we know that Maryland won the National Championship back in the 1950's who gives a f**ck. And no we don't care about your Lacrosse Championships dickhead.

Again with the past..screw the 2002 Peach Bowl. You live in the past. Who cares? Who cares about the f**king Gator Bowl? That has no bearing on anything. We really, really don't care. That was then...this is now. WVU has handed you your ass again this year yet you want to go on about a long forgotten bowl from a few years ago.

You go about when is the last time WVU won a Championship..yet Maryland hasn't won a football National Championship in 50 years lol. All the wins are meaningful, being BCS ranked is meaningful. Any if the Big East is so weak...explain their ranking over the GayCC in the conference power ratings assmonkey.

If Louisville, Rutgers and WVU were in the GayCC...they would be 1, 2 and 3. There's no doubt in my mind. They would kick all of the other team's asses. There's more talent in Brian Brohm, Steve Slaton, Pat White and that Rice kid than there is in the entire GayCC.

Posted on: 10/25/2006 10:44 pm

WMITC
From Houston, TX
And i hope when i get old i don't sit around thinking about it
But i probably will
Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
A little of the glory of,
well time slips away
And leaves you with nothing mister but
Boring stories of glory days

Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

Keep running your mouth....the only Terp teams that are worth it these days are field hockey and women's lacrosse.

Let's take a look-see about how the T(w)erps are doing this year:

Field hockey: We don't offer it. You guys are #1. One loss to #4 Duke. Chicks carry the season.

Cross country: Neither MD or WVU here, ah well.

Men's soccer: Maryland is #7. Pretty good, 'cept West Virginia is #4.

Women's soccer: MD not even in the top 25. WVU #8.

Still got diarrhea of the mouth? I have no idea why...you have proven nothing about this year.

Football: You guys damn near lost to VIRGINIA!!! You are not found in the top 25, not even a vote from an errant coach on crack. Where are we again?

Bottom line: if it wasn't for the Terp chicks y'all wouldn't be shit. And since we pounded your ass on national television, we can't suck more than you.
:jerk

Begone already...you bug me.

Posted on: 10/25/2006 10:52 pm

From Boone County, WV
Oh and you're calling me a jackass? Well it looks like the only jackass around here is you bitch. Clemson is indeed NOT IN THE TOP TEN. You see the only rankings that matter anymore are the BCS rankings which are as follows: (Read them and go cry to your momma, I'm sure she's missing you right now)

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. West Virginia
5. Auburn
6. Florida
7. Texas
8. Louisville
9. Notre Dame
10. California

Hmmm let's see here
2 Big Ten
2 Big East
2 SEC
1 Big 12
2 Pac-10
ZERO ACC

oh and in the BS rankings:
1. WVU_STANKS

Again you show how much you know about college football. If you're so smart..how did you miss that the BCS rankings are the only ones who count anymore?

Looks like you lose again skippy. Thank you for giving us so much entertainment yet again with your obvious lack of knowledge assmonkey.

Posted on: 10/25/2006 11:26 pm

Pitt Hater
From Beckley, West Virginia
"Assmonkey"

Posted on: 10/25/2006 11:31 pm

Pitt Hater
From Washington DC
Ugh.

Didnt you get the email? ACC fans are suppossed to be laying as low as possible right now considering the whole conference is a f*cking embarrassment.

Maryland has both a football and basketball program that are in shambles and getting worse.

Hell, Duke would probably whup your football team this year, and they are certainly going to bury your basketball team twice this year.

I dont see Maryland football winning another game this year. You are going to finish 5-7. HA!

Posted on: 10/26/2006 8:19 am

WMITC
I have to be honest hear: MarshallSucks is the only person on this whole thread who has a brain and/or pride.

Beast of the East, thank you for further helping to make my points even clearer. You, my friend are a loser. You can take your homophobic and accusatory laced arguments and stick-em. You can also cry yourself to sleep every night with your little 4 rank in the BCS. All that means is, you aren't in the Big Show. Freak.

Posted on: 10/26/2006 8:40 am

WMITC
From Eastern Panhandle, WV
:teabag

Wemustignitethiscouch.com- teabagging trolls since 2001.

Posted on: 10/26/2006 9:18 am

WMITC
By the way, Beast, check your history. The Big East was originally founded by schools in East Coast states, with the exception of Washington, DC which is not a state but is embedded in an East Coast State and has direct contact with major portions of water-ways that bleed into the coast: Providence, St. John's, Georgetown, and Syracuse, Seton Hall, Connecticut, and Boston College. Hence the name Big East.

It is only out of desperation that the Big East had to begin expanding outside of that realm, taking the likes of WVU... Football only, I might add (I wonder what that says about the state of atheletics in Morgantown)... and to middle and southern portions of this great country.

:finger

Posted on: 10/26/2006 9:44 am

Noob
In honor of Donna Shalala the new name of the ACC is now the Anti Christ Conference.

Posted on: 10/26/2006 10:41 am

(1) 2 3 4 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved