We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

Goooooo Team
Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.

Posted on: 4/3 9:03 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Goooooo Team
Pitt Hater
I completely agree and I don't think this is rocket science. This is the overall plan. I know that statement there smells of conspiracy but if it walks like ............... they - the politicians could care less, they get theirs so they can have us take the eye off of the real ball. Both sides of the isle play the same game and we are all worse off for it.
Carry on!

Posted on: 4/12 7:38 am

From Charlottesville, Virginia
I don't blame politicians or the media. The problem is that fewer people have principles. Ideology is an easier guidepost than principles. Ideology doesn't require work. It is simply, "the other side if for this, so we are against it." Or, "this is better for my subgroup immediately so I am for it." Application of principles requires thought, analysis, discipline and sacrifice for the greater good. Ideology requires none of these.

Posted on: 4/12 8:24 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Media definitely plays a big part of it as does social media. It gives platforms for everybody to give their uninformed opinions.

Posted on: 4/12 8:32 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

...as does social media. It gives platforms for everybody to give their uninformed opinions.

True...and funny for obvious reasons.

Posted on: 4/12 8:42 pm

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump

Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Media definitely plays a big part of it as does social media. It gives platforms for everybody to give their uninformed opinions.

Open in new window

Posted on: 4/12 11:54 pm

Pitt Hater
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
I don't blame politicians or the media. The problem is that fewer people have principles. Ideology is an easier guidepost than principles. Ideology doesn't require work. It is simply, "the other side if for this, so we are against it." Or, "this is better for my subgroup immediately so I am for it." Application of principles requires thought, analysis, discipline and sacrifice for the greater good. Ideology requires none of these.

Serious question- your first sentence says one thing then the next sentence says something completely different. Can you explain the difference between politicians, media and people? How are they any different?

Posted on: 4/15 8:45 am

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:

Serious question- your first sentence says one thing then the next sentence says something completely different. Can you explain the difference between politicians, media and people? How are they any different?

There is an ambiguity there. Certainly politicians and the media are "people." What I meant by the second sentence is that people who are consuming the messages from politicians or the media need to have principles and apply those principles to the message. Politicians, corporations and others have always filtered their message based on self interest. That isn't new. What is new is that people don't apply any principles when deciding whether they like the message. That is why we see both sides shouting that the other side is hypocritical--the side of the argument depends solely on which side of the aisle someone is on.

Posted on: 4/17 11:48 am

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved