From North Central, WV
With so many top seeds eliminated, it's time to reseed the Sweet 16
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bask ... nament-reseeding-sweet-16

Posted on: 3/20 2:47 am

Re: Sweet 16
Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown
--From ESPN:

Do you take your lunch in a tin pail while Carl from accounting sits next to you with that $15 salad he orders every day? You'd probably love West Virginia's grit.

Hard hats and kneepads are necessary when playing the Mountaineers. They're the hardworking blue-collar team you actually respect. You want some rough play and the possibility of a flagrant to really set things off. West Virginia isn't dirty, but the Mountaineers get in your face and make you earn every shot and dribble with that press.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bask ... nt-sweet-16-rooting-guide

Posted on: 3/20 12:37 pm
I am the bone of my sword, circuits my body and code my blood. I have crafted over a 1000 programs. Unaware of bugs not aware of success withstood pain to create apps, waiting for ones arrival I have no regrets this is the only path my whole life was UNLI
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Lexington, KY (Hurricane, WV is home)
I've been scouring the internet and literally almost no expert is picking WV to win this game. I think I might have found one, but that's it. If we win this, we go all the way.

Posted on: 3/21 12:48 pm

Pitt Hater
From Bradley, WV
Can we clog up the passing lanes and choke off the 3's? Maybe try to force them to try to beat us inside?

Posted on: 3/21 5:47 pm

Pitt Hater
From Bradley, WV
Quote:

WVpunk wrote:
I've been scouring the internet and literally almost no expert is picking WV to win this game.

Sound familiar?

Posted on: 3/21 5:50 pm

Pitt Hater
I think we should abandon the press for this game. Though Nova hasn’t seen it, i doubt it will phase their guards. Go 1-3-1 or extended the way they did around half court. They may shoot the lights out against the 1-3-1, or expose us underneath if we extend but I think it’s worth a shot.

Of course, if we play that way we lower our fast break offense and have to play more half court, which could be a problem unless we are shooting well. Now I’m contradicting myself...oh well I’m not the coach.

My key stat: hold them under 50% and we shoot above 45% from the field. If we can do that we will have a great chance to win

Posted on: 3/21 6:29 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Quote:

WVpunk wrote:
I've been scouring the internet and literally almost no expert is picking WV to win this game. I think I might have found one, but that's it. If we win this, we go all the way.

I understand where they are coming from. On paper, Nova is way more talented. Also, they live on the three pointer and we give up a helluva lot of three point attempts. We can win, but it will be against the odds for sure.

Posted on: 3/22 1:03 am

Here for the Beer
From Fairmont WV
I think Nova will light us up if we go with the 1-3-1 defense. Extended man to man defense to force them to penetrate. This is what WVU played most of the game against Marshall and Murray State, who also shoot very well from the floor. My opinion on winning this one is limiting their 3 point attempts.

Posted on: 3/22 7:45 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
I have nothing more than a gut feeling, but I think we pull off the upset. Yes, they shoot the 3 very well, but I've seen some good teams get rattled by our press. WV will leave it all on the court. This is do or die for JC and DM so...

Posted on: 3/22 8:36 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Our boys will be determined. We will win the lose balls. We will tough it out and play the grittiest, hard knock, punch them in the mouth basketball game abd come out with a W

Posted on: 3/22 9:29 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown
Jevon on Brunson is going to be FUN to watch. I am also interested in the Miles/Harris vs Bridges match up as well. Those two match ups will determine the game. All there guys can score for sure but those two are the ones to worry about. I will take Esa, Miles, and Konate over their other 3 any day. We also have a deeper bench as well and a height advantage

Posted on: 3/22 9:46 am
I am the bone of my sword, circuits my body and code my blood. I have crafted over a 1000 programs. Unaware of bugs not aware of success withstood pain to create apps, waiting for ones arrival I have no regrets this is the only path my whole life was UNLI

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Agreed, keczan. I think if we see an aggressive Esa and if Teddy can do his thing, we win.

Posted on: 3/22 10:21 am

Noob
From Williamsport, MD
WVUrocks wrote:
Anytime WVU plays a team with a "pulse" (especially on the road) they will lose. They look good against the "who is this school?" teams. Kentucky and Kansas are automatic loses, Baylor, Pitt, Virginia most likely too. 18 - 12 is about right for this bunch.

Posted on: 11/21/2017 10:44 am

I see you're back to referring to those "teams with a pulse". You're out-look on the season was grim & the TEAM proved you wrong. Now you bring this negativity to light during the post season during the 3rd round!? Come on! Enjoy the ride & be a die hard like 98% rest of us on here. I'm just messing around though. All jokes aside let's get this W & take another step towards that national title we ALL long for! LETS GO!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 3/22 11:00 am

- J Funk

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Right, I think this is a much better matchup vs. Purdue with Haas, that being said if Nova shoots over 40% on threes, we will have no chance. They hit 17/41 vs. Bama. all the games they won they shot over 40% on threes except for one(shot 35%) , all 4 losses they shot below 40%(three of them below 25%)

Posted on: 3/22 11:02 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
Villanova has been beaten four times by Creighton (20-9), Butler, St. Johns (12-13), and Providence (17-9). Granted these are decent teams that beat Villanova, but we are better than all those teams overall and I think we played a tougher schedule. If they can, then why cant we? It may not look like it on paper, but we can do this. LET'S GOOOOOOOOO....

Posted on: 3/22 12:04 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Villanova is very good. But we are capable of defeating ANY team in the country. That isn't always the case. Most teams cannot legitimately say this.

If we play with the energy we played with for the last 30 against Marsha (that we play with when we are in high gear) and do not allow easy uncontested 3's and do not settle for garbage, contested, 3's ourselves, we will have a very good late-game chance to win this this game.

Oh, and assuming Higgins isn't reffing.

I think we will miss Harris on D if he can't go, so West/Teddy and the gang better step up.

Posted on: 3/22 12:17 pm

Eat Shit Pitt

Pitt Hater
From Orange Park Florida now Waynesburg, PA
Harris was practicing this morning in the Garden with the rest of the team.

Posted on: 3/22 12:26 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Boone County,but now Richmond
Yeah Harris practiced normally and Huggs said the other day he expects him to go. Should be good there.

Posted on: 3/22 12:27 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
That is a relief. I think he quietly contributes on D and his length is useful. He seems to get it. Just steadily improving throughout the year and I continue to notice him more and more, for good things.

Posted on: 3/22 12:36 pm

Eat Shit Pitt

Makin' it Rain
From Fairmont
Quote:

keczan wrote:
Jevon on Brunson is going to be FUN to watch. I am also interested in the Miles/Harris vs Bridges match up as well. Those two match ups will determine the game. All there guys can score for sure but those two are the ones to worry about. I will take Esa, Miles, and Konate over their other 3 any day. We also have a deeper bench as well and a height advantage

Better coach

Posted on: 3/22 2:37 pm

« 1 (2) 3 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved