We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: 2017-2018 Season predictions:
Suspected Punter
From Morgantown, WV
This team has a lot of potential shooters. If they continue to progress and become a legit threat at 3 point range then things could get interesting for us. In recent years we've had a lot of guards but weren't able to consistently shoot well. This may be our best shooting team yet (especially from the foul line!). Really wish we had Culver this year to supplement Sags as a power forward. But getting Esa back should only improve this team. And Jevon Carter is a super hero.

24-7 regular season record. Winning on road will be tough especially since most games will depend on perimeter shooting and refs calling a foul every 2 seconds.

Posted on: 12/9 9:57 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Compared to other Big 12 teams, WVU rotation will be pretty good, just missing a true Center.
Carter PG
Miles SG
Miles SF
Harris PF
Konate Center/Foward

Off the bench
Ahmad F
Bolden G

Less minutes off bench:
Harler
Bender
Allen
I see these guys getting majority of minutes, and Ahmad starting from bench till he gets in game shape. Actually matches up decently vs. Kansas unless they clear Preston. I think Baylor will be tough matchup, There frontline is 7ft, 6-9, 6-9, vs. us which is all 6-8. Though I noticed that they only really have one foward that shoots the threes, vs. in the past one they'd have two or three guys who shot the three well. If Motley had stayed they'd be a top 10 team.
Either way it seems most of the teams in Big 12 are solid. No easy wins. Be nice to have that one team like TCU used to be, where you'd have an easy win. Incredible how fast Dixon has turned them around.

Posted on: 12/10 10:13 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Compared to other Big 12 teams, WVU rotation will be pretty good, just missing a true Center.
Carter PG
Miles SG
Miles SF
Harris PF
Konate Center/Foward

Off the bench
Ahmad F
Bolden G

Less minutes off bench:
Harler
Bender
Allen
I see these guys getting majority of minutes, and Ahmad starting from bench till he gets in game shape.

While I like the idea of a dual Dax, don't think it'll happen...and what did you do with West? But seriously, I doubt Harler loses much time, Esa shouldn't affect the guard rotation too much. It might cost Allen, Bender and Routt some, but I think Harris and West could get a few less as well. Huggs will keep as many in the mix as he can.

Posted on: 12/10 9:24 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Well with Knapper and Esa coming back, we shall soon have enough depth to play more press.

Posted on: 12/30 6:19 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
If we pull out a win on Monday somehow we will be ranked scary high. Like top 5 or even higher. I don't like it, not that I won't take it.

Posted on: 12/30 7:23 pm

Pitt Hater
From Chokie Burg
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Well with Knapper and Esa coming back, we shall soon have enough depth to play more press.

I thought Knapper was done for the year. I wouldn't think a meniscus would cost the season. I just figured they didn't want to burn a redshirt for half a season. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him out there.

Posted on: 12/30 11:19 pm

Pitt Hater
From Southwest VA ... via Pleasants County, USA
Quote:

SchmittBreal wrote:
If we pull out a win on Monday somehow we will be ranked scary high. Like top 5 or even higher. I don't like it, not that I won't take it.

I hated to see us ranked 7th. Remember what happened last year every time we were ranked 7th? Guaranteed loss.

Posted on: 12/30 11:53 pm

Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
Quote:

BamaNeer wrote:
Quote:

jameschi wrote:

I thought Knapper was done for the year. I wouldn't think a meniscus would cost the season. I just figured they didn't want to burn a redshirt for half a season. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him out there.

Huggins has said all year that Knapper is an unknown, and that he would use him if he got healthy. Well, he practiced with the team, full go im assuming, a couple days ago for the first time. Signs are pointing to Knapper playing. We need another PG.. It makes sense getting Knapper as much PT as possible, losing Carter next yea, and getting McCabe, we will need all the experience we can get. Bolden is a better Vinny Johnson type scorer than a true PG.

Posted on: 12/31 7:14 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
Looks like we will be 4 or 5 going into Kansas State. If the line is Kstate by 20 I would take the over.

Posted on: 12/31 2:15 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Quote:

rocketrodeo wrote:

I hated to see us ranked 7th. Remember what happened last year every time we were ranked 7th? Guaranteed loss.

I know that has been true in football, has that also been true in basketball?
Honest question.

Posted on: 12/31 3:19 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
I like the fact that we are ranked in the top 10 and nobody is really talking about us yet. I hope that keeps up. It seems that every time they start talking about us, we fall off the map. That seems to be true in football and basketball.

Posted on: 12/31 3:23 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
We now have 17 games left, with 9 ranked games. This does not include two with Baylor, who dropped to 26th and two against a very talented Texas team with prob. two NBA 1st rounders. This reminds me of the Big East days.

Posted on: 1/1 8:30 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
We now have 17 games left, with 9 ranked games. This does not include two with Baylor, who dropped to 26th and two against a very talented Texas team with prob. two NBA 1st rounders. This reminds me of the Big East days.

Now if they would bring back Big East refs, we wouldn't lose a game.

Posted on: 1/1 9:23 pm

Here for the Beer
From Aberdeen, NC
Prediction...we will be in top 3 first week of February.

Posted on: 1/2 10:58 pm

Here for the Beer
From Aberdeen, NC
Refs trying their best to stop it.

Posted on: 1/2 11:06 pm

Noob
From Williamsport, MD
13 straight wins & counting!

Team continues to grind (even with Carter struggling w/ his injured wrist).

Dax playing like all of Mountaineer Nation knew he could!

Esa coming back in 2 games.

Knapper is ahead of schedule & started practicing.

Teddy "Buckets" Allen growing into a go to scorer.

Beetle continues to hit 3's.

Half court offense doesn't look nearly as stagnate has it has the last 5 years.

Huggy continues to get everything out of his team.

Coliseum will be ROCKING on Saturday! Lets get it!

Posted on: 1/3 10:48 am

- J Funk

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Great win, great team effort vs. OU, I can't think of one player that didnt play well, wish we could play like this every night. Should be ranked 3th after this win. This would have to be our highest ranking in regular season since I've been following team. I'm thinking of moving up my projections, but will hold off till the at TTU game next week.

Posted on: 1/6 9:42 pm

Here for the Beer
From Aberdeen, NC
Quote:

GaryC wrote:
Prediction...we will be in top 3 first week of February.

Ok, I'm showing off, but really looked at the other top 5 schedule.

ESPN nickname for Carter just now was "old grey "beard"

Posted on: 1/6 10:13 pm

Pitt Hater
From NEW JERSEY
We will be ranked in top 3 next week. Maybe get a few votes for #1. I never thought we would be in this position after the A&M opening loss. Amazing job by Huggins to leverage the talent he has.

Posted on: 1/7 8:47 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Didn't have us winning this game, when odds are only 25% chance of winning on the ESPn predictor. So far its been 94% accurate in predicting if we win or lose. Based on the predictor we should finish 9-3, with two games about 50/50. Suprisingly has WVU with 79% chance of beating Kentucky. Kansas is showing finishing 12-2, and TTU showing about 11-1 with, two games at about 50/50. I do feel the predictor is underrating Oklahoma, and overrating Kansas, and TTU based on just watching these teams play. I feel they have us just about right.

Posted on: 1/14 4:13 pm

« 1 (2) 3 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved