Posted on: 8/30 12:32 pm

Re: Texas flood - HookEm, you OK?
Grant Ave. Warrior
^This. I second that concern.

Posted on: 8/30 2:46 pm

Suspected Punter
From Martinsburg, WV
Man I was just thinking this yesterday. Im excited to host UT this year to extend some hospitality to our BixXII bros and sisters

Posted on: 8/30 5:21 pm

WMITC
From Here
Sugar Land is just outside Houston. We may not hear from her for a while.

Posted on: 8/30 5:33 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Monrovia MD
If I read Hookem correctly, she would be on the roof of her house with a barbeque going handing out ribs to the Cajun Navy as they motor by. Good wishes, Hookem!

Posted on: 9/1 2:06 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Yes, I was also wondering about her.
There are many of my colleagues that live in Houston, Beaumont, Lake Charles and all around that area. I have heard from them, Thankfully, and hopefully we will hear from our good friend Hookem soon.

Posted on: 9/1 2:15 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Sugar Land, Texas
Hey guys! I'm fine. Thanks for thinking of me. The past 8 days have been crazy down here.
I'm sure you have seen the news coverage mostly concentrated in the Houston area. The flooding and devastation from the rain and the major rivers and bayous reaching historic flood levels is so wide spread, it is unbelievable even for us.

Where I live in Sugar Land (Fort Bend County) many neighborhoods have been under mandatory evacuations. Many are under water. It looks like a military base around here. I left on Friday or Saturday, I can’t even remember at this point, and have been at my mothers in Needville, TX (also Fort Bend County) ever since. On my way to her house the road collapsed. A gigantic sinkhole! I’m just glad there was still a little road left to go around it. It’s not over for us, we are now just waiting for the Brazos River to finish flooding as it crests and makes its way down to the Gulf of Mexico. There was an evacuation order a short time ago that stated “You must evacuate now. If you choose to stay behind, we will not rescue you. Please use a permanent marker to write your Name, DOB, and Social Security Number on your arm so that your body can be identified.” Nice, eh?

I will say this, I am so proud of my fellow Texans and the other groups from out of state. They have really stepped up and helped. They are your salt of the earth people who showed up in monster trucks, on ATV’s, fishing boats, row boats, jet skis, you name it. Our state and local law enforcement, as well as the Texas National Guard, Marine Reserves, and Coast Guard have been calling on all these redneck yahoos for help. Most of them are the people who are doing the actual rescues, unless it is an air rescue.

I’ll be glad when this is all over. Myself, my family, and most of my friends are lucky. We managed to get through it with little to no damage or loss. It will be a long road for hundreds of thousands who lost everything.

Posted on: 9/1 4:09 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
Thanks HookEm, glad to hear you are ok but sad to hear and see all the devastation.

Posted on: 9/1 5:01 pm

WMITC
From Here
Thanks for checking in, HookEm. We were concerned.

Posted on: 9/1 7:09 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Wow! Really great to hear from you. Glad you are ok.

Posted on: 9/4 11:59 pm

Party Machine
Glad you are OK Hookem! I wished you would post on here more often and comment about UT in particular and the B12 in general. Always have liked your insight.

Posted on: 9/5 12:22 pm

Pitt Hater
From Rockville, MD
Good doesn't do it. There are plenty oef folks who lost everything - US citizens and not. I'm hopeful that the generosity of our citizens and the place we send our $ to make Houston great agian!

Posted on: 9/5 8:38 pm

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved