We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2)

Re: No cops allowed?
Grant Ave. Warrior
From M
Any small business owner should be able to choose who they do business with, even if they are wrong in their ideals. If they don't want cops in then its on them. If they don't want whites, or blacks, or whatever --its their business and no one elses. If they don't want to bake a cake for someone there shouldn't need to even be a reason explained other than "because I said so and its my life and my business". End of story....

Posted on: 8/15 4:01 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

Turkish wrote:
Any small business owner should be able to choose who they do business with, even if they are wrong in their ideals. If they don't want cops in then its on them. If they don't want whites, or blacks, or whatever --its their business and no one elses. If they don't want to bake a cake for someone there shouldn't need to even be a reason explained other than "because I said so and its my life and my business". End of story....

Sorry, you lose legally...and you're morally wrong to boot!

I will give you some props though...you are certainly consistent! Good to see you back in the Soapbox!

Posted on: 8/16 6:00 pm

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump

Grant Ave. Warrior
From M
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

Turkish wrote:

I will give you some props though...you are certainly consistent! Good to see you back in the Soapbox!

I love being back, although it can be hard to walk away from a place a gorgeous as Glacier and come back to Morgantown where the roads are not big enough for the population anymore....

Yeah, its morally wrong to allow people to chose what they do in life --according to modern liberals. It used to be what liberalism was all about --live and let live...you know, open-mindedness and acceptance of peoples differences despite anything. Not anymore. You folks would rather force people to do stuff they are not comfy with at gunpoint just to make yourselves feel better. Liberals now want to shut down businesses and ruin lives of people who simply feel differently than they do. Its amazing, but also why modern liberalism is the fastest shrinking idea on the planet, currently.

Posted on: 8/17 6:20 am

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

Turkish wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

Turkish wrote:

I love being back, although it can be hard to walk away from a place a gorgeous as Glacier and come back to Morgantown where the roads are not big enough for the population anymore....

Yeah, its morally wrong to allow people to chose what they do in life --according to modern liberals. It used to be what liberalism was all about --live and let live...you know, open-mindedness and acceptance of peoples differences despite anything. Not anymore. You folks would rather force people to do stuff they are not comfy with at gunpoint just to make yourselves feel better. Liberals now want to shut down businesses and ruin lives of people who simply feel differently than they do. Its amazing, but also why modern liberalism is the fastest shrinking idea on the planet, currently.

You are literally accusing people who oppose racism, sexism, etc. of being racist and sexist, and claiming people who are racist, sexist, etc. are being open-minded and accepting.

Posted on: 8/17 2:43 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:

Quote:

There has to be a dividing line in which all persons' rights are observed equally. Otherwise you are placing one person's rights above another. It's time in this country that we need to stop being easily offended and start being fair. The way we are going about it is greatly degrading our society.

It amazes me that the people who have chosen to cultivate their own world view have placed themselves as the moral authority over us all. No wonder they can't see just how skewed their point of view has become. It's because at their inception point they had no standard to begin with. It's like trying to use a meter that never was calibrated. You can never hit the mark without first basing yourself off of a standard. It is scientific fact.

You have it backwards. It appears that you are literally espousing a system without any standard in place of a system with very clearly defined standards and rules.

Well that is a nice observation. What makes you come to that conclusion?

The standard is pretty simple. If you perform a service or sell a particular good, then you cannot refuse to sell the service or good to someone because of their race, religion, national origin, disability, etc.

What you are advocating is a system where nobody knows who will sell what to whom, which is a bad idea from any perspective. Economically, which is what the right seems to care about most, it is a disaster. There is a huge cost to discrimination.

I won't say that that I 100% agree with your view on this, or that I believe your interpretation of what I was saying is completely close to what I was actually meaning. However I will say point taken. I do agree that there has to be a line drawn somewhere. The way laws are presently written and interpreted co-align with what you are saying. I won't say that I agree completely that the way the laws are now are completely morally sound. Though I do agree that we at least have a structure in place that can be lived by.

Posted on: 8/19 1:40 pm

« 1 (2)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved