Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:
So what I have picked up from Zags boards:

- Breaking the press is easy.
- WVU only runs the press because we have no talent.
- WVU is the least talented Sweet 16 team.
- No one at the arena will be pulling for WVU.
- Double digit win for the Zags.

Open in new window

I saw that yesterday.

I hope they do take us lightly.

We have no chance to win. They are taking us lightly. Over 75% of people pick Gonzaga to win.

This could end up being another WVU Oklahoma Fiesta bowl beating

Then after we beat Gonzaga everybody will say that we will be the worst team in the elite 8. Then after we win the elite 8 we will be the worst team in the final four. Then after we win the final four we will be the worst team in the national championship game. Then after we win the national championship we will be the worst national championship team.

Then after that it will be

Posted on: 3/21 9:10 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Zags discussion
Party Machine
From Northern WV
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:

I am more worried about Collins, their 7-foot freshman who comes off the bench. He is a much more athletic big man that could cause WVU problems.

Didn't get to see him play but it looks like he had a pretty solid game against NW.

Posted on: 3/21 9:14 am

Party Machine
From Northern WV
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:

Macon has the athleticism to dominate a lot of people, and he's shown flashes of it throughout the season. I think part of the problem is we generally suck at post entry passing. I also think he's not very confident, but when he gets a couple to fall he's a different player.

I'm hoping Macon and Ahmad can flip the Beast Mode switch to the ON position this offseason a la Joe Alexander's senior season.

Agreed on all accounts.

Posted on: 3/21 9:18 am

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
I like it when Macon gets that intensity about him that he has shown more of lately. He has a very soft touch around the rim and has some moves you expect from a smaller guy, but he struggles handling quick passes underneath a lot. I agree that we struggle passing it inside sometimes, but sometimes we look really good dishing down low. Just inconsistent.

I would like to see Macon go off on Thursday and have a strong game. I love Sags, but you see him making lots of freshman mistakes and fouling too much. If he could body up on one of the bigs and be aggressive without fouling, that would be a game changer, but he isn't getting many minutes these days.

I am hoping we can deal with the two bigs. I saw where combined they avg 22 points, but I think their disruption defensively is the real issue. Maybe we give them a dose of inside out play. Who knows?

I'm looking forward to this game, but I have no idea what to expect.

In Huggs speramus!

Posted on: 3/21 9:27 am

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Mobile, AL
I am still waiting and hoping Ahmad will turn it on and Macon uses his baby hook more often. Conga always seems to give us issues. That trend breaks Thursday, 76-69 WV.

Posted on: 3/21 9:29 am

Here for the Beer
From Southern WV
Bottom line is if we can hurry them up and dictate the tempo of the game I don't care which center they play we can beat them. If we take them out of their comfort zone they will rush and miss even open shots just as ND did. That is the benefit of our pressure. Just that---pressure. A press doesn't have to result in turnovers to still be successful. We also have to do the little things: make layups, put-backs (we missed some easy ones vs ND), win the board-battle, make FTs---late especially, knock down some 3's. This game will probably come down to FTs down the stretch.

No one is predicting us to win. I hope our team sees the polls and hears all the talking heads discuss how we don't have a chance. We play best as underdogs. Always have, always will. We could play a high school team and not be favored. And should we upset Zaga I'm sure it'll be more about how they lost instead of how we won.

Zaga is a great team that is very well coached. We have our work cut out for us. We have the depth to beat them, we'll need it too. Stoked for Thursday. I'm taking us to upset them. Not predicting a score, I don't care what the scoreboard reads at the end.

Posted on: 3/21 9:59 am

Party Machine
From Northern WV
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:

I would like to see Macon go off on Thursday and have a strong game. I love Sags, but you see him making lots of freshman mistakes and fouling too much. If he could body up on one of the bigs and be aggressive without fouling, that would be a game changer, but he isn't getting many minutes these days.

Speaking of freshmen mistakes, it looks like Collins has a tendency to get into foul trouble. Would be nice to negate him early on. Definitely want to go after him early if he gets in.

Posted on: 3/21 9:59 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
I bet it won't matter. Their best players will get 4 fouls then somehow astonishingly not foul for 15 minutes.

Posted on: 3/21 10:34 am

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bask ... /preview?gameId=400947270

Williams-Goss said the Bulldogs know what it takes to handle the pressure West Virginia may present because their resiliency is shown with only one loss on the season.

"We don't think of anything as pressure," Williams-Goss said. "We had pressure all year long. We were undefeated and we didn't feel any of that. This is what we live for, what we prepare for and we enjoy doing. We all enjoy competing at the highest level."

A few things here...

1. You don't think of anything as pressure, yet you had pressure all year long?

2. LOVE IT. I hope you bring that mentality to the game Thursday.

3. Methinks you don't quite comprehend the difference between 'pressure to win' and 'pressure defense'. Don't worry, you'll get an education soon.

Posted on: 3/21 11:25 am

Pitt Hater
I bet it won't matter. Their best players will get 4 fouls then somehow astonishingly not foul for 15 minutes.

yeah, kind of like Colson.

Posted on: 3/21 11:30 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:

Williams-Goss said the Bulldogs know what it takes to handle the pressure West Virginia may present because their resiliency is shown with only one loss on the season.

"We don't think of anything as pressure," Williams-Goss said. "We had pressure all year long. We were undefeated and we didn't feel any of that. This is what we live for, what we prepare for and we enjoy doing. We all enjoy competing at the highest level."

A few things here...

3. Methinks you don't quite comprehend the difference between 'pressure to win' and 'pressure defense'. Don't worry, you'll get an education soon.

Wait, what??

"We don't know what pressure is because we've faced pressure all season because we were undefeated except we lost."

Posted on: 3/21 12:04 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:

A few things here...

Wait, what??

"We don't know what pressure is because we've faced pressure all season because we were undefeated except we lost."

I am pretty sure Mr. Gross William is not a logic major.

Posted on: 3/21 12:26 pm

Pitt Hater
From St. Louis, MO
Quote:

Proud2BanEer wrote:
MOFO gonna meet a REAL Mountaineer Thursday night.

Open in new window

Actually he would make a great Mountaineer. Tough, hard working. But lets get ahead of myself here, we need to kick his ass Thursday.

Posted on: 3/21 12:30 pm

Pitt Hater
From St. Louis, MO
^^ THIS!

Posted on: 3/21 12:33 pm

Pitt Hater
From St. Louis, MO
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

WOOPS. ^^^ THIS!

Posted on: 3/21 12:33 pm

Pitt Hater
From St. Louis, MO
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bask ... -ncaa-tournament-sweet-16

Not one word discussing WVU. I hope we kick their ass. Flying under the radar.

Posted on: 3/21 12:38 pm

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

UncleFestus wrote:

They said we were "oppressive." That is one word--literally. They gave us one word. Not a whole lot of respect.

I don't have good feelings about this game, but I hope WVU kicks the crap out of Gonzaga. I want to see Gonzaga players throwing the ball into the 4th row trying to beat the press.

Posted on: 3/21 1:30 pm

Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

UncleFestus wrote:

They said we were "oppressive." That is one word--literally. They gave us one word. Not a whole lot of respect.

I don't have good feelings about this game, but I hope WVU kicks the crap out of Gonzaga. I want to see Gonzaga players throwing the ball into the 4th row trying to beat the press.

At least that article acknowledged our existence with a single word.

That can't be said about this one...literally, not a single word. No mention at all.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.co ... now-about-the-sweet-16-2/

Posted on: 3/21 3:27 pm

They really have to go through a plane-side security check for a chartered flight? That blows.

Posted on: 3/21 3:47 pm

Pitt Hater
From St. Louis, MO

Posted on: 3/21 4:00 pm

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved