We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 39 »

 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1458
I generally avoid comparing anybody to Hitler on account of Godwin's Law. Though, never in my lifetime has the comparison been more apt than with our current commander-in chief.

Posted on: 2/21 7:14 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
8/21/2013 9:51 pm
From Madhattan
Posts: 997

Posted on: 2/21 8:53 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Party Machine
Joined:
9/2/2007 12:20 am
From Chucktown
Posts: 668
Quote:

83Grad wrote:
Last summer my daughter and her male friend spent 6 weeks working in Sweeden. They are in the Arts and were paid to travel their and to work in this couples studio. They got free room and board at the studio owners home. There was a refugee settlement camp about 5 clicks from the town they were staying at. Her hosts told her in no uncertain terms that she must not ever go out in the town by herself at any time of day. That she must always travel accompanied by a man, and that if they go near transportation centers, or any areas with large crowds that they have to be extra vigilant and that she must not be separated from her male friend. She was told they will try to separate her, surround her, and gang rape in broad daylight. They said this is happening often and is not being reported in the media. Mind you these people are as liberal as the day is long, including my daughter. She had a good time and got to see some of the country, but she was worried whenever they traveled.


All this shows is that well meaning liberals in Sweden can be just as racist as well meaning liberals in the US. Telling horror stories of what will happen somewhere if "those people" catch you alone is all too common. Immigrant camps, inner cities, McDowell County, whatever... same tune, different words.

Posted on: 2/21 10:03 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
8/21/2013 9:51 pm
From Madhattan
Posts: 997
Quote:

Elbow_Jobertski wrote:
Quote:

83Grad wrote:
Last summer my daughter and her male friend spent 6 weeks working in Sweeden. They are in the Arts and were paid to travel their and to work in this couples studio. They got free room and board at the studio owners home. There was a refugee settlement camp about 5 clicks from the town they were staying at. Her hosts told her in no uncertain terms that she must not ever go out in the town by herself at any time of day. That she must always travel accompanied by a man, and that if they go near transportation centers, or any areas with large crowds that they have to be extra vigilant and that she must not be separated from her male friend. She was told they will try to separate her, surround her, and gang rape in broad daylight. They said this is happening often and is not being reported in the media. Mind you these people are as liberal as the day is long, including my daughter. She had a good time and got to see some of the country, but she was worried whenever they traveled.


All this shows is that well meaning liberals in Sweden can be just as racist as well meaning liberals in the US. Telling horror stories of what will happen somewhere if "those people" catch you alone is all too common. Immigrant camps, inner cities, McDowell County, whatever... same tune, different words.


Correct. It reminds me of a visit I had to Dallas in the mid-90's. I was at a late night work function & missed the shuttle back to my downtown hotel. I didn't have access to cab fare. The next shuttle wasn't due for 90 minutes. It was a nice night. I was ready to leave. I had a pleasant time walking the 2-3 miles without incident & seeing things I would've missed otherwise. The next day I received multiple scoldings of the 'you're lucky you didn't get killed' variety. So silly!

I'm exposed to people from other countries/cultures/viewpoints every day. There are people from 133 different countries in the community/corporate culture I work in. People get along just fine. It's past time for humanity to move beyond all of the dumb, petty differences we allow to divide us.

Posted on: 2/21 10:45 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/26/2010 9:15 am
Posts: 2256
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
I generally avoid comparing anybody to Hitler on account of Godwin's Law. Though, never in my lifetime has the comparison been more apt than with our current commander-in chief.

Irony: I never compare anybody to anyone but, when I do I compare them to Hitler.

Posted on: 2/22 7:46 am
_________________
montani semper liberi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
10/27/2006 2:33 pm
From LA
Posts: 1050
I lived next to illegal immigrants for 5 years. An illegal Canadian and illegal Mexicans. Great people. Offered me tacos and a shot of tequila once in awhile.

Before that I lived next to proud American white trash pill-billies and couldn't even leave a trash can outside without them stealing it. They broke in and burglarized my house twice.


Posted on: 2/22 8:40 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/26/2010 9:15 am
Posts: 2256
Quote:

delispam wrote:
I lived next to illegal immigrants for 5 years. An illegal Canadian and illegal Mexicans. Great people. Offered me tacos and a shot of tequila once in awhile.

Before that I lived next to proud American white trash pill-billies and couldn't even leave a trash can outside without them stealing it. They broke in and burglarized my house twice.


That solves it - Illegal immigrants are good, white people are bad.
An anecdotal analysis at it finest.

Posted on: 2/22 8:54 am
_________________
montani semper liberi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 6626
Those who said you've lived next to ILLEGAL immigrants, can you PM me their addresses?

I actually live 3 houses down from LEGAL Mexican immigrants and they **** hate illegal immigrants. Mainly because they (legals) were the ones that followed the rules and spent their time and hard earned money to become a legal citizen where as the illegals get benefits from breaking the law. I don't understand liberals. Its not difficult to understand, and yet, youre clueless. Why would you glorify criminals?

Also, like I said, idiots who know jack compare other people to Hitler when they don't have an argument. Strohs, you actually let me down, judging from your posts, you seem like a very intelligent person, but you just ruined all credibility from your comment.

What similarities do they have? That they drink water and eat food? Holy **** Trump is literally Hitler!!!!!! Trump isn't trying to ban guns and kill millions of people. (Stalin killed more than Hitler so isn't that a better non comparison?)

Liberals glorify criminals but hate legal citizens, got it deli.

Posted on: 2/22 9:57 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
4/10/2008 3:02 pm
From Halifax, VA
Posts: 1616
The illegals are less dangerous than Hitler II and pay a lot more income taxes.

Posted on: 2/22 10:02 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1458
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Those who said you've lived next to ILLEGAL immigrants, can you PM me their addresses?

I actually live 3 houses down from LEGAL Mexican immigrants and they **** hate illegal immigrants. Mainly because they (legals) were the ones that followed the rules and spent their time and hard earned money to become a legal citizen where as the illegals get benefits from breaking the law. I don't understand liberals. Its not difficult to understand, and yet, youre clueless. Why would you glorify criminals?

Also, like I said, idiots who know jack compare other people to Hitler when they don't have an argument. Strohs, you actually let me down, judging from your posts, you seem like a very intelligent person, but you just ruined all credibility from your comment.

What similarities do they have? That they drink water and eat food? Holy **** Trump is literally Hitler!!!!!! Trump isn't trying to ban guns and kill millions of people. (Stalin killed more than Hitler so isn't that a better non comparison?)

Liberals glorify criminals but hate legal citizens, got it deli.


I never said Trump is literally Hitler. They are both what we call demagogues. That is the comparison that can be made. In my lifetime there is no one who has reached such dizzying heights by pandering to the racists, misogynists, white nationalists, etc. I don't think Trump is going to attempt to commit Genocide but I think we should be legitimately concerned about his continual attacks on the media. If Congress won't hold him accountable, then somebody has to.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/demagogue


Posted on: 2/22 10:30 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/22/2007 7:48 pm
From Frederick, MD
Posts: 2487
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

Elbow_Jobertski wrote:
Quote:

83Grad wrote:
Last summer my daughter and her male friend spent 6 weeks working in Sweeden. They are in the Arts and were paid to travel their and to work in this couples studio. They got free room and board at the studio owners home. There was a refugee settlement camp about 5 clicks from the town they were staying at. Her hosts told her in no uncertain terms that she must not ever go out in the town by herself at any time of day. That she must always travel accompanied by a man, and that if they go near transportation centers, or any areas with large crowds that they have to be extra vigilant and that she must not be separated from her male friend. She was told they will try to separate her, surround her, and gang rape in broad daylight. They said this is happening often and is not being reported in the media. Mind you these people are as liberal as the day is long, including my daughter. She had a good time and got to see some of the country, but she was worried whenever they traveled.


All this shows is that well meaning liberals in Sweden can be just as racist as well meaning liberals in the US. Telling horror stories of what will happen somewhere if "those people" catch you alone is all too common. Immigrant camps, inner cities, McDowell County, whatever... same tune, different words.


Correct. It reminds me of a visit I had to Dallas in the mid-90's. I was at a late night work function & missed the shuttle back to my downtown hotel. I didn't have access to cab fare. The next shuttle wasn't due for 90 minutes. It was a nice night. I was ready to leave. I had a pleasant time walking the 2-3 miles without incident & seeing things I would've missed otherwise. The next day I received multiple scoldings of the 'you're lucky you didn't get killed' variety. So silly!

I'm exposed to people from other countries/cultures/viewpoints every day. There are people from 133 different countries in the community/corporate culture I work in. People get along just fine. It's past time for humanity to move beyond all of the dumb, petty differences we allow to divide us.


OK so my daughter's hosts made up the story about needing to watch out for muslim immigrant rapists, out of whole cloth, it had no basis in reality, and they are racists.

And, it's safe to walk anywhere, anytime, no mater what neighborhood, anywhere in the world.

Got it. Glad you guys worked that all out. Pure genius you guys, astounding how elevated your thinking is compared to the common man. Do you feet even touch the ground when you walk?

Should I tell you the story of when my white business partner's 24 yr old son got mugged outside a 7-11 by four black guys at 2 am in a shady Dallas neighborhood, after he walked there from his hotel and bought a pack of smokes? For $32 he got beat within an inch of his life. No I guess I better not tell you, the world is past these types of crimes, racial or otherwise for you. Good luck with that.

Posted on: 2/22 11:19 am
_________________
JFK: We will put a man on the moon.

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.


Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
10/27/2006 2:33 pm
From LA
Posts: 1050
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:

That solves it - Illegal immigrants are good, white people are bad.
An anecdotal analysis at it finest.


I didn't draw that conclusion but since we're having story time, just thought I would mention it.

Posted on: 2/22 12:25 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
4/10/2008 3:02 pm
From Halifax, VA
Posts: 1616
83 Grad I'm betting the black dudes weren't illegal immigrants. Likely they were locals. Very few of the illegal immigrants are black. The killing in Chicago has little or nothing to so with illegal immigrants. The point is there are many areas in American cities that are very dangerous and not from immigrants.

Posted on: 2/22 1:46 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/22/2007 7:48 pm
From Frederick, MD
Posts: 2487
Quote:

Sandstone56 wrote:
83 Grad I'm betting the black dudes weren't illegal immigrants. Likely they were locals. Very few of the illegal immigrants are black. The killing in Chicago has little or nothing to so with illegal immigrants. The point is there are many areas in American cities that are very dangerous and not from immigrants.


Actually no, William's point was he can walk through neighborhoods perceived by the un enlightened many, as dangerous, and yet he is able to traverse these neighborhoods unharmed because the reality is, for those whom are as enlightened as he is, that everyone gets along and therefore it's safe to walk anywhere anytime. Williams example of walking across Dallas really didn't specify if these were immigrant neighborhoods, white, or whatever, he only implied that many thought the neighborhoods to be dangerous.

My point was that he is foolish and that certain Dallas neighborhoods are indeed very dangerous, and in fact someone I know very well was a victim not so long ago. I never implied that the muggers were immigrants, only that it is pure folly to imagine you can walk anywhere anytime and be safe "because people get along everywhere" or whatever he said.

Posted on: 2/22 6:50 pm
_________________
JFK: We will put a man on the moon.

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.


Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
8/21/2013 9:51 pm
From Madhattan
Posts: 997
Quote:

83Grad wrote:
Quote:

Sandstone56 wrote:
83 Grad I'm betting the black dudes weren't illegal immigrants. Likely they were locals. Very few of the illegal immigrants are black. The killing in Chicago has little or nothing to so with illegal immigrants. The point is there are many areas in American cities that are very dangerous and not from immigrants.


Actually no, William's point was he can walk through neighborhoods perceived by the un enlightened many, as dangerous, and yet he is able to traverse these neighborhoods unharmed because the reality is, for those whom are as enlightened as he is, that everyone gets along and therefore it's safe to walk anywhere anytime. Williams example of walking across Dallas really didn't specify if these were immigrant neighborhoods, white, or whatever, he only implied that many thought the neighborhoods to be dangerous.

My point was that he is foolish and that certain Dallas neighborhoods are indeed very dangerous, and in fact someone I know very well was a victim not so long ago. I never implied that the muggers were immigrants, only that it is pure folly to imagine you can walk anywhere anytime and be safe "because people get along everywhere" or whatever he said.


Nope. You misrepresent my point. I actually live in a neighborhood many people consider dangerous & I walk through it every day. Getting along with other humans isn't a super power fueled by belief, enlightenment or your hyperbole - it's about how you act / how you treat people.

Meanwhile, back to Dangerous Donald:

Here's a story about how Dangerous Donald is a big baby who needs his subordinates to manage his media consumption attempting to keep him from doing stupid shiznit on twitter

35 days, 133 lies.

On the war with the media

Billionaires vs. Bombardiers

Enjoy!

Posted on: 2/22 7:19 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 1746
Still posting the hack media hit pieces I see. It is liken to how a monkey likes to fling poo.


I can't believe some of you would defend people that would gang up on and rape women like that. Yeah I'm sure that some of the reporting has been blown out of proportion, but that doesn't change the fact that it does happen on a somewhat regular basis. It saddens me that people would choose to be so ignorant. I'm glad I'm not you.

Posted on: 2/23 3:40 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1458
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Still posting the hack media hit pieces I see. It is liken to how a monkey likes to fling poo.


I can't believe some of you would defend people that would gang up on and rape women like that. Yeah I'm sure that some of the reporting has been blown out of proportion, but that doesn't change the fact that it does happen on a somewhat regular basis. It saddens me that people would choose to be so ignorant. I'm glad I'm not you.


You really want to believe that people are standing up for rapists. It's easy to focus on news stories about immigrants and minorities committing violent crimes and get out the torches and pitch forks. It's also easy to get desensitized to the violent crimes that are committed by white people. Every day my news feed features awful stories about 30+ white males committing heinous acts against women and children. Crime is more of a function of socio-economic status than some genetic predisposition. Statistics show that in this country the majority of rapes and sexual assaults are committed by white males over 30. Most acts of terrorism in this country are committed by white males. Look at the frequency of school shootings in this country and the people who carry them out. I'm not dismissing violent acts committed by minorities or immigrants and I sure as hell will not defend them. They're the scum of the earth just like members of my own race that commit the same crimes. The fact is that immigrants are trying to escape war and violence to lead a better life. They are subject to the laws of the land just like everybody else. Sometimes they break these laws but evidence shows its at a much lower rate than native born citizens. We can actually lower the crime rate by allowing more immigrants into the country.

Posted on: 2/23 9:11 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Party Machine
Joined:
9/2/2007 12:20 am
From Chucktown
Posts: 668
Quote:

83Grad wrote:


OK so my daughter's hosts made up the story about needing to watch out for muslim immigrant rapists, out of whole cloth, it had no basis in reality, and they are racists.



A strawman fallacy. They need not make it up, just repeat what they hear "other people are saying." This is how danger gets blown out of proportion. Evolutionary psychology makes it clear that the human brain is wired to overstate danger and more easily accept questionable conclusions about danger.

You also seem to think racism is binary. All people are racist to some degree, especially the ones that deny it. You, the Swedes, me, whoever. The question is what one does about it.

Quote:


And, it's safe to walk anywhere, anytime, no mater what neighborhood, anywhere in the world.



Again, an absurd strawman with a side of false dichotomy. That whole neighborhoods are not war zones does not make them totally safe. It is not an either/or proposition. It can be between. Crimes happen. Just not as much as scared people think.
Quote:


Got it. Glad you guys worked that all out. Pure genius you guys, astounding how elevated your thinking is compared to the common man. Do you feet even touch the ground when you walk?

When all else fails, anti-intellectualism/elitism is a nice crutch. Just frame those who disagree with you as out of touch and then claim the identity of "the common man" for yourself. It is an easy way to justify ignorance.
Quote:

Should I tell you the story of when my white business partner's 24 yr old son got mugged outside a 7-11 by four black guys at 2 am in a shady Dallas neighborhood, after he walked there from his hotel and bought a pack of smokes? For $32 he got beat within an inch of his life. No I guess I better not tell you, the world is past these types of crimes, racial or otherwise for you. Good luck with that.


Racism in action. Yes, people do get mugged. I've had a few crimes committed against me, some violent. Somehow I manage to not make wild generalizations about the race or place of origin of other people based on those experiences. There are bad people, and there are neighborhoods with more crime than others.

The problem is when people who wildly overstate danger make generalizations based on fear. This is a natural result of how the brain works. This does not make it right, however.

Posted on: 2/23 12:11 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
8/21/2013 9:51 pm
From Madhattan
Posts: 997
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Still posting the hack media hit pieces I see.


If you meant to say 'FACT media pieces' you are correct. We've been through this before, yes? If you want me to accept your arguments you'll need to provide REAL FACT based sources in support of your position.

As I recall, to date you've generally provided little to no substantive proof in support of your arguments.

Posted on: 2/23 11:08 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 6626
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Still posting the hack media hit pieces I see.


If you meant to say 'FACT media pieces' you are correct. We've been through this before, yes? If you want me to accept your arguments you'll need to provide REAL FACT based sources in support of your position.

As I recall, to date you've generally provided little to no substantive proof in support of your arguments.


Then irony of your post is actually hilarious. Hill, how about YOU provide REAL FACT based sources in support of your position.

Posted on: 2/24 7:05 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 39 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved