We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Re: WVU Football 2017 Recruiting Thread
Pitt Hater

Quote:

eers_fan wrote:

... he was grinning about signing someone this week where the smaller college held them out of spring ball trying to hide them from the likes of us.

Can you explain this statement? I'm confused why a school would hide a player and hold them out of spring ball. What am I missing?

Posted on: 4/17 11:03 am

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
Jucos hope to have play at least another year for themselves.

Posted on: 4/17 2:01 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:

Quote:

eers_fan wrote:

... he was grinning about signing someone this week where the smaller college held them out of spring ball trying to hide them from the likes of us.

Can you explain this statement? I'm confused why a school would hide a player and hold them out of spring ball. What am I missing?

They don't want to lose a good player for the upcoming season.

Posted on: 4/17 3:17 pm

Here for the Beer
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:

Quote:

eers_fan wrote:

Incorrect. The article from 247 sports stated the player didn't participate in spring because the coaches knew he was going to get picked up after 1 year due to his talent. So it was a waste of time to rep him as the starter and they were moving on to the next year.

Posted on: 4/17 7:33 pm

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:

Quote:

eers_fan wrote:

Actually, I was paraphrasing Dana in his weekly presser about spring ball (4/11/17) where he was discussing that - it had nothing to do with any 247 article. He was saying that small colleges are getting more savvy to the poaching that is going on where bigger schools come along and scoop up their best players. He was the one who commented on a school or two finding reasons to hold guys out of spring ball hoping they would go unnoticed. As I recall, his demeanor was kinda like, "yeah, we're gonna find them anyway...".

Posted on: 4/17 9:14 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Originally, Lester WV, now, Richmond, "East" Virginia
Why James Blackman chose FSU over WVU (and others)

Quote:
JN: Why did you drop West Virginia so abruptly? Was it because your friend Mike Harley decommitting?

JB: No, not really. Mike and I were having a lot of conversations but we didn’t know if JaJuan (Seider) was going be leaving (WVU). We didn’t know what he was going to do and it seemed like he was leaving.

JN: You were set to take a couple visits in January but after an in-home visit with FSU you decided to shut it down. Was something said to you in that visit that caused you to shut it down?

JB: I canceled USF, West Virginia and Florida. It really was about being a man of my word. Before they left I told them that FSU was the place I wanted to be. I was really going to take those visits so my little brother could see what college was about. He wasn’t able to go on my visit to FSU, so I wanted to show him college life and what’s going on. He needs to be around that type of environment to experience it. But the coaches explained to me how they’ll be plenty of chances for him to spend time with me up at FSU. It really made sense to not take any visits. They said if FSU is really where I want to be then there’s no reason to take any visits. That’s the truth so I ended my recruitment.

Posted on: 4/21 8:49 am

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

LesterBoy wrote:
Why James Blackman chose FSU over WVU (and others)

Quote:
JN: Why did you drop West Virginia so abruptly? Was it because your friend Mike Harley decommitting?

JB: No, not really. Mike and I were having a lot of conversations but we didn’t know if JaJuan (Seider) was going be leaving (WVU). We didn’t know what he was going to do and it seemed like he was leaving.

JN: You were set to take a couple visits in January but after an in-home visit with FSU you decided to shut it down. Was something said to you in that visit that caused you to shut it down?

JB: I canceled USF, West Virginia and Florida. It really was about being a man of my word. Before they left I told them that FSU was the place I wanted to be. I was really going to take those visits so my little brother could see what college was about. He wasn’t able to go on my visit to FSU, so I wanted to show him college life and what’s going on. He needs to be around that type of environment to experience it. But the coaches explained to me how they’ll be plenty of chances for him to spend time with me up at FSU. It really made sense to not take any visits. They said if FSU is really where I want to be then there’s no reason to take any visits. That’s the truth so I ended my recruitment.

The Seider thing is a convenient excuse. Blackman was already committed to FSU and Harley was more than ready to bolt for Miami way before he left. I know he was their recruiter but why the hell would a quarterback and receiver care so much about a running backs coach?

I 100% believe neither would be in Morgantown right now if Seider had stayed.

Posted on: 4/21 9:01 am

Party Machine
I don't know, maybe he built up a great relationship with them and seemed like a father figure even though he wasn't their positional coaches? I do agree though, I think Blackman was an outside shot the whole way.

Posted on: 4/21 2:25 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
WVU added a preferred walk-on in St. Marys' Will Billeter. Here is an article on his commitment.

HUDL

Posted on: 4/28 8:13 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Another arm for spring and fall camps and a boost to the team GPA.

Posted on: 4/28 9:43 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From RT. 50
I work in saint Mary's and have watched him off an on all year kids a good athlete and worker.

Posted on: 4/28 11:12 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Knoxville TN
Nice touch on the ball.

Posted on: 4/28 11:23 am

Touchdown Mountaineers

Pitt Hater
The last game I saw him in was when they handed Gilmer an old fashioned butt whopping in the second round of the playoffs this year. He is good and poised. GO MOUNTAINEERS.

Posted on: 4/28 12:46 pm

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:
WVU added a preferred walk-on in St. Marys' Will Billeter. Here is an article on his commitment.

HUDL

Good size, nice touch on the ball, pretty nifty runner, great GPA,
In state kid, what's not to like?

This is the kind of kid that wins a ton of games for K State.
I hope we can develop him.

Only thing I couldn't get a handle on was arm strength. Looked average to me but hard to tell on the little bit of video I watched.

Posted on: 4/28 6:11 pm

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
Good luck Rasul.

Posted on: 4/28 11:16 pm

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved