We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

Any Significant Recruits at the TCU Game?
Grant Ave. Warrior
From Ecuador, 2 Degrees South
With our ranking and our play so far, we must be getting some kids to visit. Anyone have a link or line on who may have been visiting yesterday?

Posted on: 10/23/2016 4:02 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Any Significant Recruits at the TCU Game?

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
http://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports-w ... by-atmosphere-performance

The win not only impressed voters — who put WVU back in the Top 10 for the first time since 2012 — but also the many recruits who were in attendance. That includes prized defense end Brendan Bordner.

“I had a great time and it was a dominating game against a quality opponent,” said the 247Sports three-star recruit with more than 30 offers. As much as he enjoyed the on-field performance and talking with potential position coach Bruce Tall, Bordner said the best part of the visit was the atmosphere around the stadium and all of Morgantown.

“It just gave me a better idea of the campus, which was great to see it so active,” Bordner said.

Not far from Bordner on the sidelines was quarterback Cross Wilkinson. The 2018 recruit out of Wheeling Park has been to campus numerous times, but this one amazed him just as much as the last.

“I had another great visit,” he said. “The atmosphere was electric and as-promised. You truly get the family essence within the fans and the team. I had a great time catching up with Coach [Ron] Crook and [grad assistant Michael] Burchett. They really have something special going on.”

Another 2018 prospect that made the short trip to Morgantown was Beaver (Ohio) Eastern offensive lineman Dalton Tomlison. The 6-foot-5, 270-pounder won WVU camp MVP back in July, but this was his first opportunity to see a game.

“I loved the visit [Saturday],” he said. “The crowd was pumped. The players were pumped. It was just a flat-out great atmosphere.”

Not everyone who visits feels like giving a full breakdown of the trip, but that doesn’t mean they don’t know how to accurately relay their feelings about their visit. New commit Derrek Pitts out of South Charleston summed his time up in a short text, emphasis his own.

“I LOVED IT! IT’S MY NEW HOME!!”

A few more games like Saturday — both in regards to the win and the atmosphere — and a few more players as talented as Pitts could be saying the same thing.

Posted on: 10/24/2016 8:44 am

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved