We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Where to watch or listen
Noob
From Pattersons Creek, WV
This may have already been answered, but I couldn't find anything so I'll just ask: other than Root Sports channel, where else can this weekends game against Liberty be streamed from online?

Thanks in advance! I live in Philly and don't have Dish or DirecTV.

Posted on: 9/10/2015 12:12 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

AxSmashCrush wrote:
This may have already been answered, but I couldn't find anything so I'll just ask: other than Root Sports channel, where else can this weekends game against Liberty be streamed from online?

Thanks in advance! I live in Philly and don't have Dish or DirecTV.

Quote:
Other options

For the past few seasons this has been a place that people with no other option can go. I have not found confirmation one way or another as of yet.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wv-wildlife

*There may be others like this and if they appear I will share.

Posted on: 9/10/2015 12:17 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Here
Does anyone know if these streaming sites work outside the U.S.? I'm out of the country for work the next couple of weeks and it would be nice to see the game. Thanks.

Posted on: 9/11/2015 5:31 pm

Scientists discover, understand and inform.

Environmentalists preach.

Liberty game on tv -verizon Fios Northern Va
Party Machine
From Fairfax, VA
Wondering if I have to watch this game on the Internet and listen to it using the TuneIn app rather than watching on TV. Anybody know The game might be on FIOS? Thx

Posted on: 9/12/2015 6:26 am

Re: Liberty game on tv -verizon Fios Northern Va

From Charlottesville, Virginia
I cannot tell if people are trolling about whether the game is on TV or not.

Posted on: 9/12/2015 6:31 am

Makin' it Rain
From Tampa, FL via Elkview, WV
Quote:

jbolt128 wrote:
If you have cable/fios then it is hit or miss depending upon provider and location.

Translation: It is up to the viewer to search their own guide.

This information can be found in a pinned thread at the top of the football page which discusses where the game can be watched.

http://www.wemustignitethiscouch.com/ ... id=763229#forumpost763229

Posted on: 9/12/2015 6:50 am

Party Machine
From Fairfax, VA
Thanks. I guess I'll be watching online

Posted on: 9/12/2015 7:26 am

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Bump

Posted on: 9/12/2015 7:59 am

Where to watch or listen/Liberty
Makin' it Rain
Viewing and listening information for the Liberty game.

Where to watch:

The channels below will be televising the game. If you have DirecTV or Dish they offer an extra sports package for these channels. If you have cable/fios then it is hit or miss depending upon provider and location.

Most sports bars use DirecTV so that is another option.*

ROOT Sports Pittsburgh

Other options

WV-Wildlife

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wv-wildlife **

Where to listen:

I will not list the local radio stations, if you live in WV then you probably know your local station that carries the game. This is for those that live out of radio range.

WVU Gameday app

It can be downloaded from ITunes or Google Play onto most iOS or Android devices.

The app streams the live audio feed of the game, including pre and post game coverage. It is powered by TuneIn so you might be able to find it there without downloading the app. However, I suggest using the Gameday app because it also provides other perks that may enhance the game day experience.

Another option

IMG set up a phone number that streams the audio of all football and basketball games.

* For the Georgia Southern game I went to a local Beef O' Bradys to watch. They pulled up the station but realized they couldn't get the game because they had not paid for the extra sports package. Needless to say I wasn't happy. A sports bar doesn't pay for all the sports packages. Anyway, thanks to the wildlife stream I was able to salvage the evening, but still. Point of this is, before heading to a sports bar make sure they actually carry Root Sports. (Rant over)

** For those planning on using the WV-Wildlife stream here is a message from the owner.

Couple of notes:

As usual on home weekends, the equipment will not be monitored. No last minute changes can be made. No troubleshooting or resetting is available if problems develop.

There are many websites and services that are embedding this link in their pages to drive traffic to their ads. I do not recommend that you use any of them. Go directly to the Ustream link above.

In order to prevent undesired attention to our wildlife, particularly from states to our north, I will be streaming a blank screen until around 7:20pm. Using an old school timer to fire up my wildlife cameras at that time. Tried several remote control services on my mobile devices without reliable success, so I'm going with streaming nothing all day and camera timer on at 7:20pm

Enjoy and LGM.

Posted on: 9/12/2015 8:14 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Ecuador, 2 Degrees South
eer44fan,

I watch (via streaming) every game here on the equator via firstrowsports or the wv-wildlife stream. No VPN is necessary.

Posted on: 9/12/2015 8:44 am

Where to watch or listen/Liberty/updated information
Makin' it Rain
Other options

WV-Wildlife

Schedule: (via owner/operator)

Black screen til noon

Coaches show noon.

Game day 2pm.

Kickoff 3pm

--------------------

A message from the owner/operator of the stream:

As usual on home weekends, the equipment will not be monitored. No last minute changes can be made. No troubleshooting or resetting is available if problems develop.

There are many websites and services that are embedding this link in their pages to drive traffic to their ads. I do not recommend that you use any of them. Go directly to the Ustream link above.

In order to prevent undesired attention to our wildlife, particularly from states to our north, I will be streaming a blank screen until Noon. Using an old school timer to fire up my wildlife cameras at that time. Tried several remote control services on my mobile devices without reliable success, so I'm going with streaming nothing all day and camera timer on at Noon.

Enjoy and LGM.

Posted on: 9/12/2015 9:07 am

Makin' it Rain
From Here
Thanks, I appreciate the info. I'm south of you but on the same continent. I'll give it a try.

Posted on: 9/12/2015 9:19 am

Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
Mountaineer Gameday is streaming live now at:
http://www.wvillustrated.com/category ... 79/wvu-sports-live-stream

Posted on: 9/12/2015 9:32 am

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Bump

Posted on: 9/12/2015 1:45 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Here
nick12va and jbolt, thanks for the info and links. It worked like a charm here in Montevideo.

I appreciate it.

Posted on: 9/12/2015 5:16 pm

Where to watch or listen/Liberty/replay
Makin' it Rain

Posted on: 9/14/2015 12:38 am

Where to watch or listen/Maryland
Makin' it Rain
Viewing and listening information for the Maryland game.

Where to watch

The game will be televised on Fox Sports 1 (FS1) at 3 PM EST.

FS1 is available on DirecTV, Dish, and most cable providers. You may need to check if it is part of the tier of channels you currently subscribe to. An extra sports package or higher tier may need to be added to your service in order to get it.

To check if your provider offers it and what channel it can be found on Fox Sports has provided the below service.

Find Fox Sports 1 on your TV

Fox Sports Go

http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

This is Fox Sports version of WatchESPN. You can watch content through a web browser or an app on most android and apple hand held devices. It is also available on the Amazon Fire TV but is NOT available for ROKU or AppleTV, at this time.

*To use Fox Sports Go is contingent upon whether your cable or satellite provider offer it, similar to the WatchESPN app.

*I checked Fox Sports Go on my end and it is listed as being offered.

Other options

WV-Wildlife

I have not confirmed if the owner of this site will be streaming the game or not. He usually does and has for the first two games.

Where to listen

I will not list the local radio stations, if you live in WV then you probably know your local station that carries the game. This is for those that live out of radio range.

WVU Gameday app

It can be downloaded from ITunes or Google Play onto most iOS or Android devices.

The app streams the live audio feed of the game, including pre and post game coverage. It is powered by TuneIn so you might be able to find it there without downloading the app. However, I suggest using the Gameday app because it also provides other perks that may enhance the game day experience.

Another option

IMG set up a phone number that streams the audio of all football and basketball games.

LGM

Posted on: 9/21/2015 2:45 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Hey jbolt, will you have confirmation of the ustream channel before the game? I'm out of the country studying abroad for medical school and that's the only link that doesn't freeze up every 20 seconds for me! If not, no worries I can just try it!

Posted on: 9/21/2015 3:25 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From A town called Fresh Off A Cop's Ass
Quote:

apizzle wrote:
Hey jbolt, will you have confirmation of the ustream channel before the game? I'm out of the country studying abroad for medical school and that's the only link that doesn't freeze up every 20 seconds for me! If not, no worries I can just try it!

Thanks for the backstory.

Posted on: 9/21/2015 3:54 pm

Makin' it Rain
Quote:

apizzle wrote:

I'll try. If I do I will post it here.

Posted on: 9/21/2015 8:15 pm

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved