We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Where to watch or listen
Makin' it Rain
From Tampa, FL via Elkview, WV
This becomes an ongoing question throughout the football season. I am starting this thread, if it is OK with the mods, as a one stop place to answer the questions as to where one can watch or listen to the upcoming games. I will try to update it every week but if anybody else has something I might have missed feel free to share.

My next post will list the information for the Georgia Southern game.

Posted on: 8/29/2015 8:52 am

Re: Where to watch or listen
Makin' it Rain
Georgia Southern @ West Virginia

Where to watch:

FSN (Fox Sports) affiliate stations

Here is a list of those stations.

RSPI (Roots Sports Pittsburgh)
FSD (Fox Sports Detroit)
FSWI (Fox Sports Wisconsin)
FSAZ (Fox Sports Arizona)
FSPT (Fox Sports Prime Ticket)
SS (Sports South)
MSG+ (Madison Square Garden Plus)

*If your cable/satelitte provider offers these stations they may be part of a separate sports package that you will have to pay extra to receive.

*I did not give channel numbers because they differ from each cable/satellite provider. Search the channel guide or listing to see if your provider offers any of these.

Fox Sports Go

http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

This is Fox Sports version of WatchESPN. You can watch content through a web browser or an app on most android and apple hand held devices. It is also available on the Amazon Fire TV but is NOT available for ROKU or AppleTV, at this time.

*To use Fox Sports Go is contingent upon whether your cable or satellite provider offer it, similar to the WatchESPN app.

*Everything I had read says it will be on Fox Sports Go but I cannot confirm it with the guide until tomorrow. They only give 7 days worth of schedule information at a time.

Other options

For the past few seasons this has been a place that people with no other option can go. I have not found confirmation one way or another as of yet.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wv-wildlife

*There may be others like this and if they appear I will share.

Where to listen:

I will not list the local radio stations, if you live in WV then you probably know your local station that carries the game. This is for those that live out of radio range.

WVU Gameday app

ITunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/west-v ... taineers/id900351523?mt=8

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wvir.gameday

To read more: http://www.wvusports.com/page.cfm?story=26143

If you download the app you can have access to the live audio feed of the game, including pre and post game coverage.

The audio feed is powered by TuneIn so you might be able to find it there without downloading the app. However, I suggest using the Gameday app because it also provides other perks that may enhance the game day experience.

Another option

IMG set up a phone number that streams the audio of all football and basketball games.

Read more here:
http://www.audionow.com/img-college-and-audionow.../

Posted on: 8/29/2015 9:26 am

WMITC
From Here
OK by me but you'll have to bump it every week because you know someone will ask. Good idea, though.

Posted on: 8/29/2015 9:47 am

Makin' it Rain
-

Posted on: 8/29/2015 10:07 am

Webmaster
From Seattle
Great post jbolt. I'll make it sticky so it doesn't have to be bumped.

Posted on: 8/29/2015 12:07 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Makin' it Rain
Good idea. Thanks.

Posted on: 8/29/2015 12:11 pm

Webmaster
From Seattle
Unfortunately the sticky feature doesn't seem to working. Yes I know - I really need to find time to upgrade this site! I'll play around with manually setting the post date into the future to see if we can keep it at the top that way.

EDIT: Theres a way to do this but it will require locking the thread which I'd prefer not to do. I'll look into this more later and see if I can get it working.

Posted on: 8/29/2015 12:13 pm

Makin' it Rain
***Please note, I added another station, MASN2***

Georgia Southern @ West Virginia

Where to watch:

FSN (Fox Sports) affiliate stations

Here is a list of those stations.

RSPI (Roots Sports Pittsburgh)
FSD (Fox Sports Detroit)
FSWI (Fox Sports Wisconsin)
FSAZ (Fox Sports Arizona)
FSPT (Fox Sports Prime Ticket)
SS (Sports South)
MSG+ (Madison Square Garden Plus)
MASN2 (Mid-Atlantic Sports Network)

*If your cable/satellite provider offers these stations they may be part of a separate sports package that you will have to pay extra to receive.

*I did not give channel numbers because they differ from each cable/satellite provider. Search the channel guide or listing to see if your provider offers any of these.

Fox Sports Go

This is Fox Sports version of WatchESPN. You can watch content through a web browser or an app on most android and apple hand held devices. It is also available on the Amazon Fire TV but is NOT available for ROKU or AppleTV, at this time.

*To use Fox Sports Go is contingent upon whether your cable or satellite provider offer it, similar to the WatchESPN app.

*Everything I had read says it will be on Fox Sports Go but I cannot confirm it with the guide until tomorrow. They only give 7 days worth of schedule information at a time.

Other options

For the past few seasons this has been a place that people with no other option can go. I have not found confirmation one way or another as of yet.

*There may be others like this and if they appear I will share.

Where to listen:

I will not list the local radio stations, if you live in WV then you probably know your local station that carries the game. This is for those that live out of radio range.

WVU Gameday app

ITunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/west-v ... taineers/id900351523?mt=8

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wvir.gameday

To read more: http://www.wvusports.com/page.cfm?story=26143

If you download the app you can have access to the live audio feed of the game, including pre and post game coverage.

The audio feed is powered by TuneIn so you might be able to find it there without downloading the app. However, I suggest using the Gameday app because it also provides other perks that may enhance the game day experience.

Another option

IMG set up a phone number that streams the audio of all football and basketball games.

Read more here:
http://www.wvusports.com/page.cfm?story=24278

Posted on: 8/29/2015 12:13 pm

Party Machine
From Nashville, Tn
Great idea! Thanks

Posted on: 8/29/2015 1:03 pm

Suspected Punter
From Lighthouse Point, FL
Thanks jbolt that's really helpful to those of us "far away" who should have been home yesterday!

Posted on: 8/30/2015 11:43 am

Makin' it Rain
Updated information for the Georgia Southern game.

Where to watch:

The channels below will be televising the game. If you have DirecTV or Dish they each have a sports package that has all or most of these channels. If you have cable/fios then it is hit or miss depending upon provider and location. Most sports bars use DirecTV so that is another option.

FOX Sports Arizona, FOX Sports Detroit PLUS, FOX Sports Midwest PLUS, FOX Sports North PLUS, FOX Sports Southwest PLUS, FOX Sports Wisconsin, MASN2, MSG Plus, Prime Ticket, ROOT Sports Pittsburgh, SportSouth

Other options

WV-Wildlife

It has been confirmed the owner of this channel will be streaming the game.

Fox Sports Go

It appears Fox Sports Go will only be streaming a replay at 11 PM.

Where to listen:

WVU Gameday app

It can be downloaded from ITunes or Google Play onto most iOS or Android devices.

The app streams the live audio feed of the game, including pre and post game coverage. It is powered by TuneIn so you might be able to find it there without downloading the app. However, I suggest using the Gameday app because it also provides other perks that may enhance the game day experience.

Another option

Posted on: 9/2/2015 10:27 pm

Pitt Hater
From Rockville, MD
Thank you, Jbolt!

Posted on: 9/3/2015 8:06 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Ecuador, 2 Degrees South
I watch from South America on one of the many "Front Row Sports" sites. You have to wade through some pop up ads, but I usually have good success once I'm in.

Posted on: 9/4/2015 10:49 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Thanks JBolt! I am almost always in WV Labor Day weekend, but not this year so I really needed this!

Posted on: 9/4/2015 11:12 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
I **** hate Root sports, its like they purposely talk about Hockey in the fall to bore you to death.

Posted on: 9/4/2015 11:28 pm

Party Machine
From AL by way of Beckley,WV
Thanks for the post. I live in alabama and actually found it on sportssouth after reading your post. Its channel 649 on directv

Posted on: 9/5/2015 2:47 am

Makin' it Rain
For those planning on using the WV-Wildlife stream here is a note from the owner.

----------

www.ustream.tv/channel/wv-wildlife

Couple of notes:

As usual on home weekends, the equipment will not be monitored. No last minute changes can be made. No troubleshooting or resetting is available if problems develop.

There are many websites and services that are embedding this link in their pages to drive traffic to their ads. I do not recommend that you use any of them. Go directly to the Ustream link above.

In order to prevent undesired attention to our wildlife, particularly from states to our north, I will be streaming a blank screen until around 7:20pm. Using an old school timer to fire up my wildlife cameras at that time. Tried several remote control services on my mobile devices without reliable success, so I'm going with streaming nothing all day and camera timer on at 7:20pm

Enjoy and LGM.

Posted on: 9/5/2015 6:07 pm

Pitt Hater
From Cowboy Country
So raise your hand if you had concerns of Skyler under throwing receivers? Gibson and Durante both had touchdowns if they didn't have to slow down for the ball.

Posted on: 9/5/2015 7:21 pm

Where to watch or listen/Liberty
Makin' it Rain
Viewing and listening information for the Liberty game.

Where to watch:

The channels below will be televising the game. If you have DirecTV or Dish they offer an extra sports package for these channels. If you have cable/fios then it is hit or miss depending upon provider and location. Most sports bars use DirecTV so that is another option.*

ROOT Sports Pittsburgh (DirecTV 659, Dish 428)

Other options

WV-Wildlife

Where to listen:

WVU Gameday app

It can be downloaded from ITunes or Google Play onto most iOS or Android devices.

The app streams the live audio feed of the game, including pre and post game coverage. It is powered by TuneIn so you might be able to find it there without downloading the app. However, I suggest using the Gameday app because it also provides other perks that may enhance the game day experience.

Another option

* For the Georgia Southern game I went to a local Beef O' Bradys to watch. They pulled up the station but realized they couldn't get the game because they had not paid for the extra sports package. Needless to say I wasn't happy. A sports bar doesn't pay for all the sports packages. Anyway, thanks to the wildlife stream I was able to salvage the evening, but still. Point of this is, before heading to a sports bar make sure they actually carry Root Sports. (Rant over)

Posted on: 9/6/2015 8:24 pm

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV

I'm not sure where to post this but you can find a replay of the GSU game on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkyBGQ9LXk0

Posted on: 9/9/2015 3:09 am

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved