We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 39 »

Re: Liberty Bowl
Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

SchmittBreal wrote:
Hopefully there will be a basketball game on, not too interested in watching toilet bowl against Northwest Southern Virginia State Academy and thinking " we lose most of out offense next year and they suck now."

Nice.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 4:49 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
LSU may be playing with an interm coach if Les goes to Mich.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 5:11 pm

I-79 Alumni

Pitt Hater
From Cowboy Country
If the big 12 is shutout of the playoffs, does that mean WVU move down to the next bowl?

Posted on: 12/2/2014 5:15 pm

Pitt Hater
Or does both Baylor and TCU get in does that mean they move up.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 5:24 pm

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
Liberty Bowl committee wants WVU.

December 19, 1964 – The inaugural game in Atlantic City, featuring Utah and West Virginia, marked the first time a major college bowl game was held indoors.

There is a little history here - 50th anniversary. Because the game was played close to Philadelphia the bowl was named after the Liberty Bell.

So not sure how we rank in the Big 12 at the end of the season plays into which bowl we get invited to, but the Liberty Bowl committee is trying to get us.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 5:36 pm

Pitt Hater
From Cowboy Country
Bigger bowl bigger payout right?

Posted on: 12/2/2014 5:42 pm

Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
Im going to laugh my ass off if, (AND GOOD LORD IM PRAYING) Missou beats Alabama in the SEC title game, and either Ohio State loses theirs, or they get moved down in the rankings since they are essentially having to start the 3rd string QB for the biggest two games of their season. If, and I do understand that it's a BIG if, AL loses, the fabled SEC is sitting on the outside looking in. Lol. All I want for Christmas is two Big 12 teams in the playoffs.... AND none from the SEC. Funny thing is its literally possible. Hell, TCU or Baylor is in. If Ohio State, Oregon, Alabama, or Florida State loses, any of them besides Ohio State just about guarantees we get two in. Ohio State has a chance to get in over a second Big 12 team, but they have to play without their first two QBs. (There's no chance that Braxton Miller can play yet, is there?)
Regardless, its tres exciting for the lil ole Big 12. I can just hear the "But. But. Not fair!! They don't have to play a Championship game!!! Not fair" cries now.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 5:52 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Philadelphia, PA via Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

southwvboy wrote:
LSU may be playing with an interm coach if Les goes to Mich.

The talking heads were mentioning Mullens a little bit ago.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 6:11 pm

Party Machine
From AL by way of Beckley,WV
Me and my dad are making the trip if it is in fact the Liberty Bowl. not too often the Mountaineers are 5 hours away from here

Posted on: 12/2/2014 6:34 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From charleston, wv
Quote:

hailwvu wrote:
The last team from the SEC (even though they only have 6 wins) that I want to play is Arkansas. Power running team with a huge O line. WVU does not match up well against them. Tennessee would be our best match up. I do like the idea of LSU though. We owe them.

Power running is what LSU does best. They gutted ole miss with their running game when they played them. I would much rather play a Tennessee or Arkansas. LSU is a very loaded team and would be a worst match up then Arkansas.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 10:41 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
I'll take Tenn. WVU matches up well and when my Tenn family members comes up for Christmas we can talk some major smack. They've played LSU so that's been done. AhrrrKansas would be fun. We can thank them for helping get us one game from the title in 07.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 11:38 pm

I-79 Alumni

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Oh and I don't want to think about trying to block LSUs front 7. Nasty.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 11:39 pm

I-79 Alumni

Party Machine
From AL by way of Beckley,WV
Where will yall buy tickets from? I went through stubhub last time but would like to sit with WVU fans. I was surrounded by FSU at the gator bowl

Posted on: 12/3/2014 10:05 am

Makin' it Rain
From Philadelphia, PA via Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

bluengold88 wrote:
Where will yall buy tickets from? I went through stubhub last time but would like to sit with WVU fans. I was surrounded by FSU at the gator bowl

You're better off buying them directly off the internet. I've always bought from the university in the past, to use up their allotment, because in the BE we were on the hook for that money. Now that we aren't, I'll never do it again because the University jacks the price up on bad seats. For the Orange Bowl, we paid an astronomical amount, and ended up in the corner end zone. Others paid half our price and were still down low and in the middle of the field.

Posted on: 12/3/2014 10:11 am

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
Bought ours off StubHub for the Orange Bowl and paid $40/ticket and they were 3rd row of the upper deck on the 40 yard line. I would say go that route, it is legit.

If we end up playing any of those three LSU, UTenn or Arky they will have an overwhelming majority of the fans in the stands. It is a 60k+ seat stadium but I wonder how long tickets would last. This will be the first bowl game in a while for Tenn and Ark so their fan bases would be fired up.

Posted on: 12/3/2014 10:48 am

RadioShark wrote:
This game has been so thisisridic!

Pitt Hater
From Cowboy Country
If it's tenn or ark definitely would be a home game for them. We need a win so the liberty bowl in general concerns me.

Posted on: 12/3/2014 11:08 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Baltimore, MD
We can't be afraid of the competition. Good lord, we've already played 3 teams in NC contention. I'd rather face the highest ranked team and hope for the best.

Posted on: 12/3/2014 11:38 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
I think it will be WVU/Tenn,

Posted on: 12/3/2014 11:47 am

Suspected Punter
From Millersville, MD
The problem with the SEC is that literally teams 3-8 maybe chosen in any order of their bowl lineup. It's quite random.

I found this in the WV Gazette where the writer explained the BigXII bowl lineup. The best scenario for WVU would be to get Baylor and TCU in the final four and KState in on of the other major access Bowls. This would move WVU a level up to a higher bowl (larger payout).

We'll find out Sunday afternoon...

================== explained better below ============

The biggest things standing in the way of those bowls making their picks are the aforementioned games this weekend, Kansas State-Baylor and TCU-Iowa State. The results of those — and the ensuing politicking that will accompany those results — will determine how many Big 12 teams are in the New Year’s Six bowls, including the playoff. It could be one (excluded from the playoff but in one of the other access bowls, or vice versa). Two seems more likely (one in the playoff, one in another of the bowls). Three would appear remote (one or two in the playoff and the one or two in the access bowls), but not out of the question.

But quite simply, that number will reduce or increase the number of teams available for the other Big 12 bowls. The Alamo, Russell Athletic, Advocare Texas, Liberty and Cactus bowls choose in that order. Aside from Baylor, TCU and Kansas State, the other Big 12 eligibles are Oklahoma, Texas and WVU. If it somehow beats Oklahoma this weekend, Oklahoma State can also qualify.

The most likely scenario seems to be TCU and the Baylor-Kansas State winner in the access bowls, then the Baylor-Kansas State loser joining Oklahoma in the Alamo and Russell Athletic bowls. That’s not a given, though, so it all remains up in the air.

Texas would be a logical choice for the Texas Bowl, but so is Texas A&M on the SEC side. Uh-oh. Texas doesn’t want to play that game and Texas might not have to because it’s, well, Texas. So depending upon what shakes out there, the Texas Bowl could go with the Longhorns and someone else or the Aggies and someone else (or neither, since others choose ahead of them and the SEC has this group selection process that I’m not going to explain).
- See more at: http://www.wvgazette.com/article/2014 ... 1143#sthash.zxFunEEj.dpuf

Posted on: 12/3/2014 3:24 pm

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
Josh will kick a game winner in our Bowl victory.
Besides making several during the game he will save the game with a 58 yarder.

Just finished a pitcher of Kool-Aid.

Posted on: 12/3/2014 5:25 pm

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 39 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved