We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 ... 39 »

Liberty Bowl
Gettin' Schmitty
From Monrovia MD
ESPN predicts Liberty Bowl vs. LSU. Who's up for a trip to Memphis on a Monday night in Dec.?

Posted on: 12/2/2014 9:57 am

Re: Liberty Bowl
Gettin' Schmitty
From Baltimore, MD
Quote:

wheelert wrote:
ESPN predicts Liberty Bowl vs. LSU. Who's up for a trip to Memphis on a Monday night in Dec.?

Let's go! I've also seen Arkansas and Tennessee.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 10:04 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Makin' it Rain
From N. Canton, Ohio
The last team from the SEC (even though they only have 6 wins) that I want to play is Arkansas. Power running team with a huge O line. WVU does not match up well against them. Tennessee would be our best match up. I do like the idea of LSU though. We owe them.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 10:12 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Originally, Lester WV, now, Richmond, "East" Virginia
Playing in Memphis on a Monday afteroon (2:00 p.m. EST kickoff) against a team from the SEC is a pretty good deal. Memphis is a cool town, and fans can turn the Christmas holiday in to a longer weekend for travel purposes. I hopw that it works out.

LSU, Tennessee, Arkansas, any of those would be fine. Candidly, since WVU played LSU recently, and Tennessee is on the future schedule, I think that I would prefer Arkansas, but that is only a mild preference.

EDIT: Big & Rich is the halftime entertainment for the Liberty Bowl.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 10:14 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Originally, Lester WV, now, Richmond, "East" Virginia
On a somewhat unrelated note, here is yet another sign that there are too many bowls. There is a new bowl this year called the "Popeyes Bahamas Bowl" to be played in Nassau on December 24th and it will pit a MAC team versus a C-USA team. CBSSports.com is predicting that Western Michigan will be invited to play Louisiana Tech for the inaugural bowl.

For those of you who have nothing else to do on Christmas Eve, the game kicks off at noon.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 10:52 am

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

hailwvu wrote:
The last team from the SEC (even though they only have 6 wins) that I want to play is Arkansas. Power running team with a huge O line. WVU does not match up well against them. Tennessee would be our best match up. I do like the idea of LSU though. We owe them.

Exactly what I was thinking. Tennessee would be fun to get some flames going for the neutral site game in a few years.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 11:24 am

Makin' it Rain
From N. Canton, Ohio
Quote:

LesterBoy wrote:
On a somewhat unrelated note, here is yet another sign that there are too many bowls. There is a new bowl this year called the "Popeyes Bahamas Bowl" to be played in Nassau on December 24th and it will pit a MAC team versus a C-USA team. CBSSports.com is predicting that Western Michigan will be invited to play Louisiana Tech for the inaugural bowl.

For those of you who have nothing else to do on Christmas Eve, the game kicks off at noon.

I prefer Popeye's over KFC.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 11:29 am

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
Bojangle's

Posted on: 12/2/2014 11:32 am

Pitt Hater
From Morgantown
Popeye's spicy chicken is good. I agree about Arkansas. We don't match up well. Kind of like Texas and OU this year, the heavy run wears us down.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 11:35 am

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
Beale Street, fried catfish, ribs - all good!

Posted on: 12/2/2014 11:37 am

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
Memphis is pretty cool. I know it is a lessor bowl but I've been hoping for this one since we started our slide. Sure is better than the Heart of Texas Bowl or whatever it is called. The Russel Athletic bowl in Orlando would have been cool too, only because it is super easy to get to (direct flights). Memphis will be a haul but one I plan to make if that's where we land.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 12:16 pm

RadioShark wrote:
This game has been so thisisridic!

Pitt Hater
From Brooklyn, NY
I'm not sure we could beat LSU or Arkansas... I would MUCH rather us play Tennessee

Posted on: 12/2/2014 12:33 pm

Makin' it Rain
From N. Canton, Ohio
Quote:

thisisridic wrote:
Memphis is pretty cool. I know it is a lessor bowl but I've been hoping for this one since we started our slide. Sure is better than the Heart of Texas Bowl or whatever it is called. The Russel Athletic bowl in Orlando would have been cool too, only because it is super easy to get to (direct flights). Memphis will be a haul but one I plan to make if that's where we land.

Yes it's a lessor bowl but better than the one we were in last year. I hate middle of the weekday games in the middle of the day but I will take it this year. Because it will be a half decent SEC team I don't care which bowl it is or what time. The extra practices heading into winter workouts is priceless.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 1:31 pm

Pitt Hater
From Morgantown, WV
Quote:

mntnir wrote:
Bojangle's

You mean Mr. Bojangles?

Open in new window

Posted on: 12/2/2014 1:45 pm

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Quote:

hailwvu wrote:

Yes it's a lessor bowl but better than the one we were in last year.

But we didn.......

....oh... ain't you a stinker.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 1:54 pm

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
Quote:

hailwvu wrote:
Quote:

thisisridic wrote:

Yes it's a lessor bowl but better than the one we were in last year. I hate middle of the weekday games in the middle of the day but I will take it this year. Because it will be a half decent SEC team I don't care which bowl it is or what time. The extra practices heading into winter workouts is priceless.

Oh I agree, I wasn't complaining about the bowl game itself, I was referencing that the Liberty bowl is the least prestigious bowl of the Big XII lineup this year but of all that aren't the playoff or Cotton Bowl I'd prefer the Liberty Bowl over the rest. The one in Orlando would be nice for travel and possible weather but it looks like OU will land there,

I agree that we don't match up too well with LSU or Arkansas but I feel like with a month to prepare I like our chances against whoever they put us against. Both LSU's and Arkansas' D scares me more than their O. No matter who we play I am excited that we get another decent opponent.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 3:31 pm

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
Just making a bowl game this year is an achievement. Don't care how prestigious the Liberty may or may not be.

In the future this would be a disappointment, but after last year, Liberty Bowl is perfectly fine.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 3:43 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
Hopefully there will be a basketball game on, not too interested in watching toilet bowl against Northwest Southern Virginia State Academy and thinking " we lose most of out offense next year and they suck now."

Posted on: 12/2/2014 3:50 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Even though Arky is at the bottom of the SEC West, I think we would struggle with them (bad match-up for WVU). If we get the Liberty Bowl then I foresee us playing Tennessee or South Carolina. Easy travel for the fans (driving distance) and we have a regional connection to both teams.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 3:59 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Philadelphia, PA via Pittsburgh, PA
Kind of bummed we can't attend this bowl game. I've always wanted to go to Memphis. Unfortunately, it being right after Christmas, and on a Tuesday, my husband just can't get the days off from work.

Posted on: 12/2/2014 4:47 pm

(1) 2 3 4 ... 39 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved