We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 »

WVU Marshall... A Rivalry?
WMITC
Ok.. I was just speaking with someone about this a few minutes ago. I really do not consider this series to be a rivalry. I think it's more people on the Marshall side wanting it to be considered a rivalry. None of these games are going to be close. All jokes aside Marshall just isn't in the same league. In order for it to be a rivalry game that ANYONE outside of Huntington acknowledges the games have to be close and competitive. Thoughts?

Posted on: 8/6/2006 11:48 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: WVU Marshall... A Rivalry?

From Boone County, WV
Just because you're in-state this does not make it a rivalry. Does this mean that WVU is also rivals with WVSU, University of Charleston, Southern Community Technical College and
WHEELING JEZ-OOIT UNI-VER-SITY...YOUR FUTURE BEGINS RIGHT HEEEEEEERE!" (spelled phonetically on purpose..so you proofreader folk..bite me)

Sorry couldn't resist...I hate that commericalI'd love to get my hands on the fool that created it...

Posted on: 8/6/2006 11:57 pm

Pitt Hater
From Beckley, West Virginia
I agree; MOO/WVU isn't a rivalry. Hell, I'd much rather have VT on the schedule than Marshall. WVU gets nothing from the series with Marshall High School. When we win, a few MOO fans lose money and no one else is shocked. If MOO were ever to win, even just one game, then WVU would be feeling it for years (look at the Capital Classic series). It's a lose-lose situation for the Mountaineers. Actually, I think it might be more of a win-or-else situation. With VT, the series went back and forth, had classic finishes, and the winner got a trophy. Hell, we won the Sugar Bowl a mere 70 miles from UGA's campus and got zero media coverage. Everyone called it a fluke, they said Georgia just had a bad game and that WVU isn't a top-10 team. If the Mountaineers win a BCS game and STILL get trashed, imagine what would happen if they ever lost to MOO.

I think I'd consider ECU/WVU a football rivalry before MOO/WVU.

Posted on: 8/7/2006 12:18 am

Account_Deleted
Definately not a rivalry. I did not grow up in West Virginia but attended WVU and love it. Marshall is nothing to me.

Posted on: 8/7/2006 12:22 am

From Boone County, WV
This only a rivalry to Marshall and their dundering terd followers.

They're closest rivals to date have been Miami (OH), Huntington High School and Southern WV Community and Technical College.

Posted on: 8/7/2006 12:33 am

From Alkol, Lincoln County
haha, actually beast, swvctc is a subsidiary of marshall i heard. they get money from them all the time. i would love for this to become a rivalry, as lincoln county is split in fanbase of marsuck and wvu. and i want all the people from sweetland to the cabell county line to shut the f* up.

but it's not a rivalry. i think if marshall does win a game, it will mean more for the rest of wvu fans. i mean, we lost in basketball when we had the best team ever, and that's why the proctorvillians(marshall) bring it up so much. now we have the best wvu football team ever and if we lost in 4 weeks, they would bring it up. but we lost if in 4 years after slaton, white, and schmitt leave, then marshall can't boast to big. it would be like wvu losing to marsuck in 2001.

Posted on: 8/7/2006 1:24 am

Suspected Punter
From Morgantown
The fact that we hate them and they hate us makes it a rivalry. Period. In this thread one guy's user name is "MarshallSucks" and another dude has the "Marshall Sucks" avatar. I mean seriously. I don't see any "ECU Sucks" avatars or usernames.

Posted on: 8/7/2006 1:45 pm

Pitt Hater
Hey, we can hate them without it being a rivalry. I hate Notre Dame, but they don't have a rivalry with WVU in football. I hate Duke, but they don't have a rivalry with WVU in football or basketball. I hate UVA for what they did in the Tire Bowl, but UVA/WVU isn't a rivalry as far as I'm concerned, because we haven't played them regularly in quite some time.

Yeah, I use the name 'MarshallSucks,' but it's because I hate them. ECU sucks, too, but ECU isn't a West Virginia school that thinks they're hot shit because they beat us in basketball. Hell, ECU's even beat WVU in football. Twice. Marshall can't say that.

WVU/MOO is not a rivalry. It takes time to build up to a rivalry. After MOO loses in Touchdown City and Huntington, they'll drop WVU like they did in '97.

Posted on: 8/7/2006 2:24 pm

From Boone County, WV
I hate a lot of teams too: Duke, UVA, Kentucky, but we're rivals with non of them.

You should have heard some of those idiot terd fans after the basketball game. You would have thought they won the NCAA Championship. One said "Oh they're not the #6 team in the nation!" Jackass.

And some of them say "Oh we beat them in basketball, we can beat them in football too."

That's the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Win a basketball game and all of a sudden they think they can beat WVU in anything.

The local media (Daily Rag, Chuck "I Suck" Landon and Jack Bojangles) have all drummed this up to a rivalry. If they would play every year, yes it could be. If It was competive, yes. But as I said before, in state does not a rivalry make.

Florida State and Florida (two schools these Terds like to bring up when they say we should be playing) are competitive with each other and it doesn't hurt the one's strength of schedule to be playing the other. Besides comparing Mark Snyder to Bobby Bowden is like comparing R-Rod to that guy who coaches Van High School....or for that matter comparing Marshall to either of these is like comparing WVU to Van High School

(Van is one of 3 HS's in Boone County for those of you wondering LOL)

Posted on: 8/7/2006 5:58 pm

From Alkol, Lincoln County
Quote:

BeastoftheEast wrote:
(Van is one of 3 HS's in Boone County for those of you wondering LOL)

haha, before this year, van was the unofficial 5th lincoln county school. isn't a coach from van on the coaching staff at wvu?

Posted on: 8/7/2006 9:01 pm

From Boone County, WV
Actually yes, Tony Gibson (I hope I got that name right..feel like a fool otherwise) He used to be a baseball coach at WVU Tech before going to coach football at WVU.

Posted on: 8/7/2006 10:04 pm

Noob
The old Marshall AD I cant remember his first name West is the one who proposed MU and WVU play at Laidley. He also thought Morgantown was a 1/2 hour from Charleston. He wasnt too bright. It was in 1998 when he commented about that. I have a couple of other stories about him but I wont get into that. I enjoyed your sight and reading the post. I went to Marshall. Had fun there, still root for WVU when y'all are behaving. My friends and I had a lot of fun in Morgantown when I was in school..We out drank you, banged your women and left. Motown is nothing like Huntington. In Motown you can get away with a lot more. Some of my coworkers have high school aged boys and they ask me about Marshall. I tell them if you want your son after 4 years to have a very good college experience, learn a lot and have fun send him to WVU. If you want to come back a man send him to Marshall. You WVU folks never seem to grow up. Anyway feel free to chastize me..I enjoy it.

By

Posted on: 8/7/2006 11:17 pm

Pitt Hater
Lame-ass. Typical MOO attitude. :jerk

Posted on: 8/7/2006 11:26 pm

From Boone County, WV
WVU fans never grow up? We don't go around putting billboards up in the other town with "We play for Championships" and other junk to agitate the Morgantown folk. You don't see us putting billboards in Huntington with a BIG ARSE picture of R-Rod saying "We play for BCS Championships...Jackasses" although maybe we should...

I don't know how Marshall gets off thinking they're so much more grown up than folks from WVU.

Posted on: 8/7/2006 11:35 pm

WMITC
Quote:

loadedzack wrote:
The old Marshall AD I cant remember his first name West is the one who proposed MU and WVU play at Laidley. He also thought Morgantown was a 1/2 hour from Charleston. He wasnt too bright. It was in 1998 when he commented about that. I have a couple of other stories about him but I wont get into that. I enjoyed your sight and reading the post. I went to Marshall. Had fun there, still root for WVU when y'all are behaving. My friends and I had a lot of fun in Morgantown when I was in school..We out drank you, banged your women and left. Motown is nothing like Huntington. In Motown you can get away with a lot more. Some of my coworkers have high school aged boys and they ask me about Marshall. I tell them if you want your son after 4 years to have a very good college experience, learn a lot and have fun send him to WVU. If you want to come back a man send him to Marshall. You WVU folks never seem to grow up. Anyway feel free to chastize me..I enjoy it.

By

Ok...

Quote:
I went to Marshall. Had fun there, still root for WVU when y'all are behaving. My friends and I had a lot of fun in Morgantown when I was in school..We out drank you, banged your women and left.

There is a little contradiction in that statement.

Quote:
I tell them if you want your son after 4 years to have a very good college experience, learn a lot and have fun send him to WVU. If you want to come back a man send him to Marshall.

I'm not getting it... Would proper translation be "If you want your son to have a good job and a nice standard of living send him to WVU... but if you want him to bag my fries then send him to marshall?

Posted on: 8/7/2006 11:39 pm

Pitt Hater
Don't let the MOO children get a rise out of you. That's what they want. They're immature, and have no testicular fortitude.

Oh, I made this whole thread into one poll; it's at the top of the page. Well, it should be, anyways. So vote, damn it

Posted on: 8/7/2006 11:41 pm

WMITC
From Houston, TX
Oh sheesh, sounds like another lameass who couldn't get laid if he crawled up a hen's ass. We can easily start in on Terd chicks(and Terds in general....)

What's the difference between a Terd chick and a 747?
Not every 'Eer guy has been in a 747.

Why is a Terd chick like a screen door?
The more you bang it the looser it gets.

What is the difference between a Terdgirl and a toilet?
The toilet doesn't follow you obsessively once you're done using it?

And the coup de grace (French for f*ck 'em up)

What is the difference between MOO and a circus?
The circus is a cunning array of stunts....

Posted on: 8/7/2006 11:45 pm

From Boone County, WV

LOL I won't even touch this one with a 10 foot pole LOL

If Marshall people weren't so far up Bob Pruett's arse all the time maybe they could see the light of day. This post makes no sense anyhow. Want to come back a man go to Marshall? What's that supposed to mean? Better keep my sisters away from this place LOL

Posted on: 8/7/2006 11:54 pm

WMITC
From Houston, TX
Quote:
BeastoftheEast wrote:

LOL I won't even touch this one with a 10 foot pole LOL

Probably well advised....;)

Quote:

If Marshall people weren't so far up Bob Pruett's arse all the time maybe they could see the light of day. This post makes no sense anyhow. Want to come back a man go to Marshall? What's that supposed to mean? Better keep my sisters away from this place LOL

Marshall....where men are men, and women are too?

Posted on: 8/7/2006 11:56 pm

WMITC
Quote:

MarshallSucks wrote:
Don't let the MOO children get a rise out of you. That's what they want. They're immature, and have no testicular fortitude.

Oh, I made this whole thread into one poll; it's at the top of the page. Well, it should be, anyways. So vote, damn it

I don't think they are getting a rise out of us.... I just think some of us are bored

Posted on: 8/8/2006 12:04 am

(1) 2 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved