We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 52 »

Re: Jack says Marshall 2011, officially unofficial all everything Marshall thread.
Here for the Beer
From Morgantown
Yea, I guess you right.

Posted on: 8/27/2011 2:26 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Jack says Marshall 2011, officially unofficial all everything Marshall thread.
Here for the Beer
From Morgantown
Todd Graham say's,

My players love to have cramps when Huston's offense was on the field. Probably West Virginia's offense too. Wait is that cheating the game? Who cares

Posted on: 8/27/2011 2:27 pm

Noob
Eugene "Geno" Smith says,

I don't have a playbook this year? What? Oh, the Dude's going to watch film with me. I already love watching film. This could be fun

Posted on: 8/27/2011 2:34 pm

Here for the Beer
From Morgantown
Here is my Marshall preview.

History: Huntington Community College has never beaten us. It is NOT a rivalry. Marshall came close to upsetting us last year, but only because they cheated and called out our plays before the snap. They still couldn't beat us. Doc Holiday is a former coach at WVU who wanted to be the Head Coach here. He and Bill Stewart are not on speaking terms. Chuck Landon tried to ruin the reputation of Dana Holgorsen during the summer with an article stating The Dude was a complete drunk, and it turned out to be a complete fabrication. Chuck Landon wrote an article stating that The Dude's system can't win championships, and it to will turn out to be false. Marshall is being called The Young Thundering Heard this year because they have no talent. They are known nationally as that team from that movie with the plane crash.

Prediction: Playing Huntington Community College is like playing Norfolk St. They simply do not have the talent to compete. MU 6 - WVU well over 40

Posted on: 8/27/2011 3:09 pm

From Boone County, WV
MOUNTAINEERS!

Damn we can't leave people hanging boys.

Posted on: 8/27/2011 3:42 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Elkins, WV
BeastoftheEast--Quote:
MOUNTAINEERS!

Damn we can't leave people hanging boys.

That's why you're the Beast.

And that is why Jack is Jack. His wisdom knows not mercy.

ALL HAIL JACK!
<--Harpoon Ale

Posted on: 8/28/2011 9:22 am

Attention all sPitt fans: SUCK ON MY BIG 12!

"I'm proud to say that I am a liberal"-- JFK

From Boone County, WV
One week. I can't not wait til Holgorsen and the boys open a can on Crock Holiday and the Terds.

Posted on: 8/28/2011 10:19 am

Suspected Punter
From Princeton, WV
Have to share a little story.
My wife (Marshall Grad)has agreed to make all the snacks and food for our game watching party. She tells my daughter that she is going to wear her Marshall apron to make all the food. Here is their converstion

Daughter: Please don't wear your Marshall apron to make all the food.
Wife: Well why not?
Daughter: Because if you do then the food will be full of suck. Then if we eat it we will be full of Marshall suck.
Wife: I don't think that's how it works honey.
Daughter: Well just in case dad will buy you a WVU one that way the food will be full of win and after we eat it we can be full of WVU win too.

She's 10 and a die-hard fan. My wife says she might be a little too passionate about WVU. I told her we are just getting started.

Posted on: 8/28/2011 5:35 pm

Here for the Beer
From Morgantown
Quote:

pctn-eer wrote:
My wife (Marshall Grad)has agreed to make all the snacks and food for our game watching party. She tells my daughter that she is going to wear her Marshall apron to make all the food. Here is their converstion

Daughter: Because if you do then the food will be full of suck. Then if we eat it we will be full of Marshall suck.
Daughter: Well just in case dad will buy you a WVU one that way the food will be full of win and after we eat it we can be full of WVU win too.

She's 10 and a die-hard fan. My wife says she might be a little too passionate about WVU. I told her we are just getting started.

I nominate you for Dad of the Year.

Posted on: 8/28/2011 6:56 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
My first wife was a Marshall grad and a "Bison Babe" there.
Jettisoned her ass 35 years ago..just saying..

Posted on: 8/28/2011 7:07 pm

"I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy."

Here for the Beer
From Evans, WV
Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 8/28/2011 9:09 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
Quote:

pctn-eer wrote:

Posted on: 8/28/2011 9:13 pm

Here for the Beer
From Baltimore, MD
Line on game:

Opened at WVU by 19, now WVU by 21.
Over/under 52.5

Thus predicted score approximately 37 - 16.

Thoughts?

http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/odds/usatoday/odds.aspx

Posted on: 8/28/2011 10:37 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Originally, Lester WV, now, Richmond, "East" Virginia
Quote:

pctn-eer wrote:

That was such a touching story that it brought a tear to my eye. Somebody needs to make a Lifetime movie about you and your daughter.

Posted on: 8/29/2011 1:37 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
Now that Doc can't cheat, he's resorting to being just plain petty.

http://www.wvillustrated.com/wvufootball/story/id/1320

If that's all he's got, he's screwed. Who am I kidding? He's already screwed.

Posted on: 8/29/2011 2:38 pm

WMITC
From Here
If your starters suck, then you basically have no depth, so we don't need no stinkin' depth chart.

Posted on: 8/29/2011 2:46 pm

From Boone County, WV
http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/Marshall/201108281543

Ah got to love Doug "Marco Humping toolbag" Smock.

If they don't need this game then why do they bitch and moan when WVU talks about pulling the plug ?

Posted on: 8/29/2011 3:32 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
Poor Smock, he just sees the writing on the wall. After the last WVU/MU game next year, he'll be relegated back to the least visible sections of the sports page, and the online versions will get comments from the only three Marshall fans who can actually find him on the internet. He sees a very gloomy future and is lashing out, becoming irrational.

Who am I kidding, that guy has proven he is incapable of ratioanlity by his job choice. How can anyone choose a job to cover Marshall athletics and deem it to be a rational choice? It would be like watching paint dry. Or like being the beat writter covering a D-League team. Just sad.

Posted on: 8/29/2011 4:45 pm

From Boone County, WV
With Smock and Bitch Vingle still in Charleston...who needs Suck Landon?

Posted on: 8/29/2011 8:10 pm

Pitt Hater
From Valdosta Georgia
i will be up (maybe still up) monday morning at 430 to watch. cant wait.

Posted on: 8/30/2011 12:25 am

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 52 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved