Re: Great speech about family
Gettin' Schmitty
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

eers wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Powerful stuff, but it still does not make it right.

So two people in love raising a happy successful son. What makes "it" not right?

it = homosexuality

Yes, we all forgot!!
Open in new window

Posted on: 2/7/2011 12:05 pm

Pitt Hater
Quote:

MountyInSC wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

eers wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:

So two people in love raising a happy successful son. What makes "it" not right?

it = homosexuality

Yes, we all forgot!!
Open in new window

Now that is all you.

Posted on: 2/7/2011 12:25 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

eers wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:

it = homosexuality

Yeah, got it. But you avoided the question. You said it doesn't make it right. What makes it wrong?

Posted on: 2/7/2011 12:29 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Party Machine
From graffenwhor,germany
the who my rights stop when some one elses start is kinda self explanatory u think. like i can do what i want until if affects someone else directly.

take the video game stuff in cali. there trying to tell video game developers what they can and cant put in video games. and it got appealed to the federal level i think. and if so that becomes a federal law. now what if i wanna play a game with naked people and random killing? i cant if it passes cuz a parent in cali doesnt want her kids playing it. and i wouldnt want my kids playing it but thats y there is a ratings system the "esrb" and u have to be 17 to by mature games. but that isnt good enough they want to say what they can and cant make. that cuts into my pursuit of happiness dont it?

Posted on: 2/7/2011 3:42 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
Quote:

KmasterC wrote:
the who my rights stop when some one elses start is kinda self explanatory u think. like i can do what i want until if affects someone else directly.

Actually, the way that you wrote it initially was not self explanatory. Or, maybe I just stupid...

Posted on: 2/7/2011 4:36 pm

Pitt Hater
Quote:

eers wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

eers wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:

it = homosexuality

Yeah, got it. But you avoided the question. You said it doesn't make it right. What makes it wrong?

I see he is a well adjusted individual and he sounds like a reasonable person but it stops there. What is wrong with his parents being homosexual - everything, it is against natural law.

Posted on: 2/9/2011 7:51 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
Any man who gets an erection and plunges in on another mans anus is one sick sum beach. I Don't Give A FWUSay. This country is so progressive, we've forgot WTF the basics in life are.

Good gosh. If enough idiots proclaim to love their dog, will it be okay to bang them?

He makes me so happy!

Open in new window
Open in new window

Posted on: 2/9/2011 8:53 pm

Party Machine
From Princeton, NJ
I do not wish to get in on the debate about the same sex marriage topic, but I did want to comment on what a few posters said here concerning Christian values (and Bible quotes).

1. The whole, "judge not lest you be judged" is taken completely out of context if you read the rest of the quote by Jesus. Yes, if you stop there, then you could claim that, but Jesus didn't stop with that. He goes on to say how you need to remove the log from your own eye (deal with your sin first) before you remove the speck from your neighbors eye (help them deal with their sin). Jesus is saying that the same measurement of judgment you use, will be used against you, not to refrain from judging. He gives the green light to judge what a believer (not a non christian in this scripture) is doing, but only after you have dealt with your sin. I just wanted to clear this one up. Jesus did not merely say that Christians cannot judge.

2. "Love your neighbor as yourself." Let me ask you, if you were doing something that was wrong, would loving yourself/or someone showing you love not involve helping you see where you are wrong and help you to change? Loving someone as yourself does not entail simply letting them do whatever they want. No, if someone is doing something that is wrong, would not loving them be about helping them? Wouldn't you want someone to help you? If I do not treat my wife very well, I would be thankful if someone loved me as they loved themselves by pointing out where I am going wrong so I can better love and respect my wife. Or if you have children, would you say that loving them means letting them do whatever they want even if you know the choices they are making are harmful to them? No, you wouldn't (if you are any kind of a good parent). You would help them to make good choices so they can prosper in life, thereby loving them as you love yourself and want to see yourself make good choices.

3. The apostle Paul also says in 1 Corinthians that Christians only have a place to judge those in the body, and if they are outside the body of Christ, they should leave the judgment up to God and let him deal with it. But, yes, Christians are to judge other believers (according to scripture) based on what they do. So if someone claims to be a follower of Christ, then yes, they should be judged by other believers for what they do if it goes against scripture. The scripture I am speaking of is from 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 "For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Are you not to judge those inside? But God will judge those outside. Remove the evil person from among you."

Again, I am not making a claim about the right or wrong aspects of gay marriage, I just wanted to make a comment about what was said by some of the posters. Please do not take my comments as being harsh, I just merely want to join the discussion and totally respect those of you on here as well. I appreciate the healthy discussion.

Posted on: 2/9/2011 9:27 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
I see he is a well adjusted individual and he sounds like a reasonable person but it stops there. What is wrong with his parents being homosexual - everything, it is against natural law.

Whose natural law? Hobbes? Cicero? Aristotle? Islamic Natural Law? Christian Natural Law? You have to be more specific.

Posted on: 2/9/2011 11:10 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown
Quote:

Proud2BanEer wrote:
Any man who gets an erection and plunges in on another mans anus is one sick sum beach. I Don't Give A FWUSay. This country is so progressive, we've forgot WTF the basics in life are.

Good gosh. If enough idiots proclaim to love their dog, will it be okay to bang them?

Both your ignorance and your bigotry are showing.

First, this story is about two lesbians. So I don't think they are sticking their erections anywhere. So are lesbians ok then?

Second, I would guess that most homosexuals would define their relationships as more than any single sexual act. Ya know, things like love, companionship, etc.

Third, if you think sodomy is common only among gay men then you're out of touch. One example is teenagers. Look up studies showing an increase in sodomy among teens that appears to be linked to abstinence only pregnancy prevention.

And why is it that conservatives want freedom and small government until someone does something they don't like? There's no victim in a homosexual couples. Just two people loving and building a life with who they want. Just because you and others disapprove shouldn't matter.

Your bestiality comments are so ridiculous that they don't deserve a response.

Posted on: 2/9/2011 11:23 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown
Not harsh at all, Texas.

Quote:

Texas_Eer wrote:
1. The whole, "judge not lest you be judged" is taken completely out of context if you read the rest of the quote by Jesus. Yes, if you stop there, then you could claim that, but Jesus didn't stop with that. He goes on to say how you need to remove the log from your own eye (deal with your sin first) before you remove the speck from your neighbors eye (help them deal with their sin). Jesus is saying that the same measurement of judgment you use, will be used against you, not to refrain from judging. He gives the green light to judge what a believer (not a non christian in this scripture) is doing, but only after you have dealt with your sin. I just wanted to clear this one up. Jesus did not merely say that Christians cannot judge.

But isn't it a fundamental teaching that everyone is a sinner? Isn't dealing with your sin pretty much impossible? You can ask for forgiveness but you're still a sinner. I always thought the message of the log in your eye message was that 'dude, you've got your own problems to deal with so don't be judging others'. I interpret this as being a continuation of the judge not message.

Quote:

3. The apostle Paul also says in 1 Corinthians that Christians only have a place to judge those in the body, and if they are outside the body of Christ, they should leave the judgment up to God and let him deal with it. But, yes, Christians are to judge other believers (according to scripture) based on what they do. So if someone claims to be a follower of Christ, then yes, they should be judged by other believers for what they do if it goes against scripture. The scripture I am speaking of is from 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 "For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Are you not to judge those inside? But God will judge those outside. Remove the evil person from among you.".

Interesting, never heard this one before. As a non-Christians I wish more Christians would abide this :)

Posted on: 2/9/2011 11:35 pm

Noob
From Chester, VA
Eers wrote:

==================

Actually I think he makes a good point. Why do you (or any government) need to make a distinction between homosexuality and beastiality? Both are ridiculous to me, but it really doesn't make sense to extend the line for one, but not the other. 20 years from now, we'll have a man and his dog in a courtroom talking about the same thing.

Posted on: 2/10/2011 5:29 am

Gettin' Schmitty
Here is a link about real, American, "Christian" FAMILY VALUES:
Via FoxNews Even!

Posted on: 2/10/2011 6:16 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

MountyInSC wrote:
Via FoxNews Even!

What this politician did on his own time in the privacy of his own home is his business. He broke no law (natural or man-made).

Bowing down to his fellow conservative's view of morality was his only mistake in my eyes. There was no reason for him to resign.

Yep...a liberal defending the rights of a conservative politician. You saw it here.

Posted on: 2/10/2011 9:26 am

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump

Makin' it Rain
From Raleigh, NC (St. Marys, WV)
Quote:

hiddukel wrote:
Eers wrote:

==================

Actually I think he makes a good point. Why do you (or any government) need to make a distinction between homosexuality and beastiality? Both are ridiculous to me, but it really doesn't make sense to extend the line for one, but not the other. 20 years from now, we'll have a man and his dog in a courtroom talking about the same thing.

when you find a talking dog that is into gay interspecies erotica, then maybe you'll have a point. the reason that you extend the line for one and not the other, is that one is taking place between two humans that can express themselves fully.

tell ya what. how about until the divorce rate drops under say 60%, everyone minds their own damn business about who should and shouldn't get married? cause it's pretty obvious that most people can't get it right anyway. that wold fall into that "log from your own eye" thing mentioned earlier.

Posted on: 2/10/2011 11:42 am

Gettin' Schmitty
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

MountyInSC wrote:
Via FoxNews Even!

What this politician did on his own time in the privacy of his own home is his business. He broke no law (natural or man-made).

Bowing down to his fellow conservative's view of morality was his only mistake in my eyes. There was no reason for him to resign.

Yep...a liberal defending the rights of a conservative politician. You saw it here.

I agree and could care less that he takes pics of himself and sends them via his Blackberry...it is about hypocrisy.

Posted on: 2/10/2011 12:19 pm

Pitt Hater
Quote:

eers wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:

Whose natural law? Hobbes? Cicero? Aristotle? Islamic Natural Law? Christian Natural Law? You have to be more specific.

Try this -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_law

Posted on: 2/10/2011 8:39 pm

WMITC
From Eastern Panhandle, WV
Quote:

wvtarheel wrote:
when you find a talking dog that is into gay interspecies erotica, then maybe you'll have a point. the reason that you extend the line for one and not the other, is that one is taking place between two humans that can express themselves fully.

Correct.

And just to pile on (ahem) to this comment, I'd also note that it's telling that someone against homosexual marriage equates two consenting adults with one consenting adult and a dog that doesn't know his asshole from a steak sandwich.

The odd thing is that no matter how far civil rights have come, those who attempt to deny civil rights to an entire class of people never realize that they're on the wrong side of the fence until a generation passes by.

The same sorts of arguments were made for denying interracial marriage. "It's unnatural" "It cheapens traditional marriage" etc.

Just give it 20 years and we'll look back on comments like these that will be sounding like the proverbial George Wallace blocking the doors to a university.

Posted on: 2/11/2011 12:47 am

Party Machine
From up in a holler, WV
wvtarheel wrote:

tell ya what. how about until the divorce rate drops under say 60%, everyone minds their own damn business about who should and shouldn't get married? cause it's pretty obvious that most people can't get it right anyway. that wold fall into that "log from your own eye" thing mentioned earlier.

Since gay marriage is not leagal nationwide and has only been recently recognized in a handfull of states, you really can't compare gay divorce rates to hetero divorce rates to show that gay marriage will be any different or be everlasting.

Now, I kow this will flare a crap load of leftist, imperialsit responses about "christian" and conservativism but, all political and religious views aside, I have many gay friends, male and female. I have worked side by side with them for years and have shared some funny ribbing with all of them. They know where I stand and have never argued with me or tried to sway my feelings. We have broke bread and shared meals together. They are always welcome in my home and I would do anything for them as they would for me.

All that aside, I do not support gay marriage. It's a personal choice that I will not change. Maybe a lot of folks on here who are carrying the torch for gay marriage need to put out that flame before you burn yourselves. In your minds you are right and in certain circles you are right but, that doesn't make you right to everyone else.

Posted on: 2/11/2011 2:49 am

Party Machine
From up in a holler, WV
http://www.loveandpride.com/informati ... er/tips.aspx?categoryid=8

2. Massachusetts Gay Divorce Gay couples began seeking gay divorce around seven months after same sex marriages were legalized in Massachusetts. The concept of gay divorce was so unprecedented in the state that couples had to fill out obsolete forms that still read "husband" and "wife." The first gay divorce case in Suffolk County, which includes Boston, was filed a male couple who married five days after same sex marriage was legalized. The couple, a 33-year-old religious educator from Boston and a 39-year-old professor, were based in Washington. The couple cited that their relationship had 'irretrievably broken down' as the reason for divorce, stating that their interests had grown in different directions. The settlement focused on custody of their three cats, who will live exclusively with the professor. As part of the settlement the professor agreed to provide his ex-husband with regular updates on the cats 'in recognition of the emotional hardship of such relinquishment'. Hampshire County reported a divorce filing within two months of the first gay weddings. The state's largest county, Middlesex County, had its first gay divorce three months into the legalization, involving a 38-year-old and a 27-year-old. The older partner cited 'cruel and abusive treatment' as the reason for the break-up.

3. Gay Break-Up Rates
There are no reliable gay divorce rates worldwide, as not all counties keep track of which divorce filings are from heterosexual and homosexual couples. In Massachusetts, when couples applied for divorce two months after gay marriage was legalized, opponents of gay marriage said the divorces, occurring so soon after the weddings, confirm that gay couples are not suited to marriage. One group stated that the gay men were too 'promiscuous' to make a marriage work.

The national divorce rate in the US is near 50 percent. Gay rights groups argue that mentioning gay divorce is a cheap shot. The gay divorce rate has little to do with gay marriage, as gay divorce is another rights issue.

4. Canada's First Gay Divorce
Canada's first gay marriage divorce was filed by one of the first gay couples to be married in Ontario. The couple was married a week after same-sex marriage was legalized in Ontario. They had been together for five years but separated five days after their wedding day.

Divorce laws had not been amended by that time to apply to same-sex couples, and still referred to spouses as 'a man and a woman who are married to each other.' The court had to defer the case until the Canadian Supreme Court ruled on the legality of gay marriages nationwide.

A media ban was instituted by the court to prevent publication of further details of the case.

5. Why Gay Couples Divorce
Many gay couples who married shortly after same sex marriage was legalized in their country waited years for their chance. Such couples might be thought to have a higher than usual level of commitment and stability. Yet gay and lesbian couples were divorcing just months after they married – or less.

Gay couples divorce for many reasons. Gay couples experience strong cultural pressures. Gay couples are also more likely to be two-income families with no children, which in the straight population have a higher risk of divorce. One of the less-thought-of reasons for gay marriage is to ensure that a couple in the process of break-up can access divorce courts.

As gay marriage is a relatively recent phenomenon, the gay divorce rate will not stabilize for a long time. Gay couples can only now access the streamlined legal processes that marriage and divorce provides. A study showed that the gay divorce rate for Dutch lesbian couples was higher than gay male couples, although the reason wasn't clear. Data from Nordic countries, where gay civil unions have been legal for more than a decade, also showed a slightly higher divorce rate for lesbians.

The source is a gay website. you can dispute this all you want to but, at least it's not from FOX.

Posted on: 2/11/2011 2:59 am

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved