We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 »

 
Great speech about family
WMITC
Joined:
1/20/2006 11:13 am
From Eastern Panhandle, WV
Posts: 3915
Powerful stuff.


Posted on: 2/3/2011 11:48 pm
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
9/20/2009 11:32 am
From Morgantown
Posts: 808
Definitely a great speech. Disappointing that it even needed to be given.

Posted on: 2/4/2011 1:53 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5224
So how did the vote turn out?

My guess is that the 60-something year old legislators heard his speech...pondered it for about 2 seconds...and then voted to deny his parents the same rights that all other Americans have.

Stay classy Republicans.

(I fully admit that I didn't look up the vote result. Just a hunch.)

Open in new window


Posted on: 2/4/2011 8:24 am
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
WMITC
Joined:
1/6/2008 1:03 pm
From Here
Posts: 23547
In a world so filled with hate, we should embrace love when we find it, in all of its forms. This should be obvious to all of us as people, especially those who profess to be Christians.

Instead, we look for ways to categorize love according to gender, to minimize it as an aberrant choice of the immoral and to penalize it as a sin against natue.

Someoene once wrote, "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing....Faith, hope and love. The greatest of these is love."

(1 Corinthians 13)

Give me two gay parents who love each other over a man and woman who beat each other and I'll take the odds of turning out OK.

Posted on: 2/4/2011 9:22 am
_________________
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half the people are even stupider than that." -- George Carlin
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
WMITC
Joined:
1/6/2008 1:03 pm
From Here
Posts: 23547
P.S.

The Iowa House of Representatives approved a resolution on Tuesday that proposes a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage in the state.

Hundreds of people packed the Iowa State House to debate the issue -- known as House Joint Resolution 6 -- which passed by a 62-37 vote.


Posted on: 2/4/2011 9:29 am
_________________
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half the people are even stupider than that." -- George Carlin
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family

Joined:
4/9/2008 12:11 pm
From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Posts: 14518
Isn't "Judge not, lest ye be judged" one of the major Christian beliefs?

Posted on: 2/4/2011 9:37 am
_________________
We couldn't beat a freshman VT QB.....sad
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5224
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
Isn't "Judge not, lest ye be judged" one of the major Christian beliefs?


I think that there is something about tolerance of others as well.


Posted on: 2/4/2011 12:20 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
WMITC
Joined:
1/20/2006 11:13 am
From Eastern Panhandle, WV
Posts: 3915
For the record, 59 of the 62 "yea" votes were from Republicans.

So much for limiting the scope of government...

Apparently Big Brother is just fine when he's taking away civil liberties.

Posted on: 2/4/2011 4:33 pm
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
9/2/2008 5:03 am
From Elkins, WV
Posts: 761
eer_4da_beer--Quote:
I think that there is something about tolerance of others as well.

"Love thy neighbor as you love thyself". I think the most profound statement in the history of mankind. And I'm not a christian. Funny how I get it, but a lot of his devout followers don't.

Posted on: 2/6/2011 6:01 am
_________________
"I feel like I'm living in Pittsburgh. If you can call that living."-- Groucho Marx

Attention all sPitt fans: SUCK ON MY BIG 12!

"I'm proud to say that I am a liberal"-- JFK
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
Party Machine
Joined:
4/22/2007 5:17 pm
From graffenwhor,germany
Posts: 514
i know some of u hate him. but glenn beck does preach ur rights end where someone else's begin.

Posted on: 2/6/2011 6:47 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
1/18/2008 2:39 pm
Posts: 8385
So, KmasterC, what is your point? If we begin to give gay couples their full civil rights that some how straight people's rights will end?!?!?

Posted on: 2/6/2011 8:15 am
_________________
Beati pacifici
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
WMITC
Joined:
1/6/2008 1:03 pm
From Here
Posts: 23547
Quote:

KmasterC wrote:
i know some of u hate him. but glenn beck does preach ur rights end where someone else's begin.


Glenn Beck believes that rights are afforded to those people who he deems worthy of having rights. Everyone else is on their own.

Posted on: 2/6/2011 8:36 am
_________________
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half the people are even stupider than that." -- George Carlin
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/26/2010 9:15 am
Posts: 2387
Powerful stuff, but it still does not make it right.

Posted on: 2/6/2011 9:12 am
_________________
montani semper liberi & est ratio liberalismi aegritudinis animi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
9/20/2009 11:32 am
From Morgantown
Posts: 808
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Powerful stuff, but it still does not make it right.


So two people in love raising a happy successful son. What makes "it" not right?

Posted on: 2/6/2011 2:34 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
WMITC
Joined:
1/20/2006 11:13 am
From Eastern Panhandle, WV
Posts: 3915
I think the part of the argument against gay marriage that I enjoy the most is when people argue that allowing gays to marry devalues traditional marriages.

Something tells me the 50% divorce rate among traditionally-married couples does a little more to devalue marriage than allowing gay people the same rights.

Hell, it might even bring that percentage up a little.

Posted on: 2/6/2011 3:21 pm
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
Party Machine
Joined:
4/22/2007 5:17 pm
From graffenwhor,germany
Posts: 514
lol mention a guys name and people think ur crazy haha. if to guys wanna get married it really dont affect me. as long as they rnt fittin to rape everybuddy out here. i dont wanna hid my kids, wife and my husband. and glenn becks Christmas special is really good i forget what its called like the christmas shoe or something but its really good, its more about his life than political views. but im also reading his book broke right now. makes alot of sense. i dont believe in the whole oboma is purposefully trying to destroy America thing. but there is alot to learn from him. kinda like u can learn from karl marx. just u have to take politics in doses. and there will never be one answer for every buddy. but all because u see one persons name doesnt mean chut them out. they might have valid points. like under the right circumstances communism would be the best government(look at startrek). but i personally like the whole the harder i work the more i get thing we got goin on now. everyone needs to be more open minded. that doesnt mean change what u belive. that means be able to accept that people from california need different things than u. thats y they say and do different things. but to just shut people down cuz of someone elses name. shows there is some small minded people still.

Posted on: 2/6/2011 4:58 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5224
Quote:

Jude wrote:
I think the part of the argument against gay marriage that I enjoy the most is when people argue that allowing gays to marry devalues traditional marriages.

Something tells me the 50% divorce rate among traditionally-married couples does a little more to devalue marriage than allowing gay people the same rights.

Hell, it might even bring that percentage up a little.



"Devaluing traditional marriage" is as valid of an argument as Take Our Country Back from this Socialism!!!

If they truly wanted to keep marriage from being devalued...change the constitution to outlaw divorce. Personal responsibility eh?

Posted on: 2/7/2011 8:43 am
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
WMITC
Joined:
1/6/2008 1:03 pm
From Here
Posts: 23547
I think Second Amendment remedies may be in order.

Posted on: 2/7/2011 9:12 am
_________________
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half the people are even stupider than that." -- George Carlin
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
1/18/2008 2:39 pm
Posts: 8385
Quote:

KmasterC wrote:
lol mention a guys name and people think ur crazy haha. if to guys wanna get married it really dont affect me. as long as they rnt fittin to rape everybuddy out here. i dont wanna hid my kids, wife and my husband. and glenn becks Christmas special is really good i forget what its called like the christmas shoe or something but its really good, its more about his life than political views. but im also reading his book broke right now. makes alot of sense. i dont believe in the whole oboma is purposefully trying to destroy America thing. but there is alot to learn from him. kinda like u can learn from karl marx. just u have to take politics in doses. and there will never be one answer for every buddy. but all because u see one persons name doesnt mean chut them out. they might have valid points. like under the right circumstances communism would be the best government(look at startrek). but i personally like the whole the harder i work the more i get thing we got goin on now. everyone needs to be more open minded. that doesnt mean change what u belive. that means be able to accept that people from california need different things than u. thats y they say and do different things. but to just shut people down cuz of someone elses name. shows there is some small minded people still.


I asked you what you meant by your quoting of Beck. You typed a lot of words, but didn't really answer that question. I didn't attempt to "shut you down", If anything, I was asking you to expand your thought, I was trying to "open you up".

Posted on: 2/7/2011 9:54 am
_________________
Beati pacifici
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Great speech about family
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/26/2010 9:15 am
Posts: 2387
Quote:

eers wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Powerful stuff, but it still does not make it right.


So two people in love raising a happy successful son. What makes "it" not right?


it = homosexuality

Posted on: 2/7/2011 11:47 am
_________________
montani semper liberi & est ratio liberalismi aegritudinis animi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



(1) 2 3 4 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved