We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3)

Re: does anyone know history?
Makin' it Rain
From Jacksonville, FL via Parkersburg
As long as you don't like, s44, I must be doing something right.

rd

Posted on: 2/2/2011 7:14 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

brobison wrote:
...Couple this with the Democrats (I am one too not just bad mouthing them) pushing to get more of their constituency into houses whether they could afford them or not...

Pretty selective memory you got there bobison...

Posted on: 2/2/2011 8:49 am

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
eer_4da_beer,

Not selective memory. I am not saying everyone shouldn't have a house or that private home ownership is not the best thing for this country. Our forefathers knew this and that was why they felt property owners were the only ones that should vote. The point is when you loosen lending requirements to get people into houses whether they can afford them or not there can be problems. I am also not saying that Bush wasn't prodded by others to make the changes. But for those Bush critics that said he wouldn't listen to others I think this shows that he did listen to others when they were right.

When a person making $40,000 per year gets an interest only loan on a $500,000 house that is messed up. The program that Clinton started and Bush continued is a good idea but it got out of hand. The point is at some point Bush said "This is nuts!" Tried to do something about it and was thwarted.

Did you read the article I linked to? The Bush administration tried to reign in some of these practices at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. They weren't the only people by far but the government had to bail them out. Barney Frank and the boys were not about to give up that vote gravy train without a fight.

Posted on: 2/2/2011 10:41 am

WMITC
From Eastern Panhandle, WV
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:
The above is the definition of STUPID!!!

And that is really ALL that needs to be said about the above post.

Actually, more needs to be said if you don't want your posts deleted with frequency.

Posted on: 2/2/2011 3:05 pm

« 1 2 (3)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved