We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 18 »

Re: “Getting to know your fellow Mountaineers”
Staff Writer
From Elkins
-How did you become a Mountaineer fan? born that way

-Favorite WVU Sports Moment? (that i can fully recall) 28-7 against VT or the 80-3 game against Rutgers...it was a down year but NO WAY were they gonna walk over us.
-Most Painful WVU Sports Moment? the week before the 28-7 VT game
-Have you ever actually burned a couch? yes
-You have to choose between a National Championship in
basketball or football- which one? football
-Most hated rival? pitt
-Most embarrassing WVU-related item you’ve ever purchased? all of my kids clothing...80% blue and gold
-Most hardcore drinking moment? not many in morgantown...recently...a case of bud and 3 shots of wild turkey coupled with a woman who had teeth like austin powers smiling at me...yeah, i chucked all over my buds
-Favorite game-day tradition? brew and crew
-If John Beilein and Rich Rodriguez squared off in a dual, who would win? coach rod
-Favorite current player, football or basketball? mozes or mclee

Posted on: 8/1/2006 4:11 pm

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Boone County, WV
I actually forgot this favorite WVU moment when I posted a week or two ago on this topic...one of my all time favorite moments is when WVU played VT in Blacksburg a few years ago when the defense turned into an iron wall (and that one cry baby running back...for the life of me can't remember his name kept whining that he crossed the goal line towards the end of the game). But it came down to VT about ready to score a TD and throwing an interception in the closing minutes of the game.

My cousin and me were there. We had started to head for the car but went on the VT side to watch the last few plays. As soon as the interception was thrown, my cousin started high stepping down the ramp.

If you've never been to Blacksburg when WVU has just beaten them it's a glorious sight. It was like all of their family members had just died or something.

Posted on: 8/1/2006 6:48 pm

Pitt Hater
From Washington DC
-How did you become a Mountaineer fan?
Older brother went there first. His freshman year I came to visit and he took me to a football game. Chad Johnson or something was the QB. I was 16 and drunk off my ass. I was a Mountaineer myself 2 years later.

-Favorite WVU Sports Moment?
The fake punt.

-Most Painful WVU Sports Moment?
Mike Vicks run in the 4th quarter of the game in 99.

-Have you ever actually burned a couch?
Several.

basketball or football- which one?
Football.

-Most hated rival?
VT. Im from NoVa, so most of my friends went to VT. They're all f*cking annoying.

-Most embarrassing WVU-related item you’ve ever purchased?
A tie. Im never wearing that tacky shit.

-Most hardcore drinking moment?
My 20th birthday. I was visiting my friends at VT. I was carrying a bottle of Jager around with me and eventually finished it. At VT they time their kegstands. The record before i went was like 40 seconds. I tripled it. The rest is somewhat hazy, but strangers remembered me at IHOP the next day. :)

-Favorite game-day tradition?
My infamous wake-you-up-right bloody marys.

-If John Beilein and Rich Rodriguez squared off in a dual, who would win?
Pitt.
-Favorite current player, football or basketball?
My boy Owen Schmitt now that Gansey is gone.

Posted on: 8/1/2006 7:43 pm

WMITC
From Houston, TX
Quote:

PleaseBlitz wrote:
--Favorite game-day tradition?<br />My infamous wake-you-up-right bloody marys.

Must divulge the recipe.....

Posted on: 8/1/2006 7:50 pm

Pitt Hater
From Washington DC
I could tell you, but then id have to kill you :)

Needless to say, there is always plenty of this miraculous liquid at the tailgate. You'll have to hunt me down.

Posted on: 8/4/2006 12:57 pm

Staff Writer
From DC
Visited some friends while in High School. Fell in love ever since.

Jumping up and down in the Georgia Dome last year singing Country Roads with 20,000 of my closest friends.

Either bowl stinkers against MD or UVA. Just awful.

Saw plenty of them, never actually ignited them personally.

Football. No question.

-Most hated rival?
Then VT. Now Pitt. But I don't really hate them, just love kicking their arse.

http://www.mascotbooks.com/product_in ... 958528dcf31804c1080dd1dd0
But it was for my little nephew. I can read at a 3rd grade level.

Probably my 21st birthday. Did 30 or so shots and beers, then proceeded to get thrown out of the bar for flicking cigs on people and picking fights with roided up frat dudes and stumbling through a few fist fights on my way home. Good times.

I have started my "Bloody Mary Balls" tradition. Think bloody marys in bite size form. Yum.

the rest of the NCAA

Schmitty

Posted on: 8/4/2006 7:42 pm

Pitt Hater
From Morgantown, WV
Just kind of did. I went to school here and it took a while, but it just suddenly snapped and I bled blue and gold.

ITS A FAKE!!! OH MY GOD!!.......YEAHHHHHHHH!

Kellen Winslow catches the ball on 4th down after Quincy bowled over Miami's secondary.

no.

Football

-Most hated rival?
I would have to say Notre Dame. but I would hate them anyways, so I'll say VaTech.

The old, crappy Pittsnogle jersey--before he was good.

Got wasted and ran out of the living room jumped over the speaker, passed out in mid air and impaled my arm on a wheelchair bolt, woke up in hospital bed. Friends found me, Doctor said I almost bled to death. 27 drinks that night.

"Simple Gifts"

Please...Rich-Rod

Quentin Andrews.

Posted on: 9/4/2006 3:36 pm

Old School
From Chicago, IL
Ya know, for some reason I never noticed this thread.

-How did you become a Mountaineer fan? Grew up in Fairmont WV listening to Jack Fleming call the games.
-Favorite WVU Sports Moment? WVU 28, VT 7. My fifth year as a WVU student, the one and only time I participated in a field rushing.
-Most Painful WVU Sports Moment? Continental Tire Bowl. Just a not-so-much-fun trip culminated by a terrible performance by the Mountaineers.
-Have you ever actually burned a couch? Heh, afraid not. Strictly an observer every time I went to Grant Ave to watch the mayhem.
basketball or football- which one? Football, without a doubt.
-Most hated rival? Virginia Tech. Gawd I hate them.
-Most embarrassing WVU-related item you’ve ever purchased? Can't think of anything I've ever bought that embarrased me.
-Most hardcore drinking moment? Long story short: it started with 12 shots of Jager. Me and two buddies at Chic N Bones. We had a benefactor buying them. Total blackout - I woke up the next morning and had no idea what happened. My buddy had pissed himself and had bloody legs. A friend said they spotted us on the dance floor at Bent Willey's that same night, and I also found a receipt for 123 Pleasant in my pocket. To this day the three of us have no recollection of what happened.
-Favorite game-day tradition? Used to be chilling at my buddy's house on University Ave. near the Law School. Now it's the band pregame.
-If John Beilein and Rich Rodriguez squared off in a dual, who would win? They'd kill each other simultaneously.
-Favorite current player, football or basketball? That running back, can't think of his name... wtf was it?

Posted on: 9/16/2006 7:59 pm

Pitt Hater
From Daytona, but my hearts in WV
I grew up in Morgantown and my dad turned me on to the mighty Mountaineers.
I guess the Sugar Bowl was THE MOUNTAINEER time of my life. I know there have been a LOT of great games, but I had chicken skin through the whole game. We won it...what's better than that?
Losing those Gator Bowls...I WANT THIS ONE SOOO BAD I CAN TASTE IT! Is that Tech I'm tasting? Tastes like chicken.
Yes. Without giving too many details...it was blue and in Fairmont.
FOOTBALL>>>Hello.?
-Most hated rival?
I hate everyone.
No Shame.
50 yard line... :)
As of late I get up on game day and listen to the "Gold and the Blue" first thing...Coming for you...you you you. And I don't want anybody to touch my WV hat on game day. I never used to be ocd...age.
Rich just kicked his ass while I was typing this. please. Did you mean Pittsnogle?
Slaton~White...I love Slaton~White

Posted on: 12/5/2006 6:49 pm

Pitt Hater
From East Aurora, NY via Aurora, WV
Lifelong fan...grew up in Preston County
Basketball teams run to the Elite 8. That was some intense shit.
1989 Fiesta Bowl...The moment I started hating Notre Dame
Yes...obviously drunk...unfortunately wasn't connected to any sporting event which probably explains the quick response by the cops, 2 fire engines, and ambulance...somehow my roomate talked them into believing some kids lit it up.
Football but Basketball is real close
-Most hated rival?
I can't pick just one...F*ck PITT
don't think that is possible.
Any tailgate is an experience
Beer and wings
Coach Rod...no question
Pat White...love Slaton to death but man does Pat make him look so much better

Posted on: 12/5/2006 7:04 pm

"Son, that's Pitt. You hate Pitt now. You hate Pitt tomorrow. You hate Pitt until the day you die. After that, you will hate Pitt for eternity."

Suspected Punter
From Fairmont
-How did you become a Mountaineer fan? Listening to good ol' Jack Fleming announce games and thinking the world was listening to West Virginia sports. It's all that mattered...

-Favorite WVU Sports Moment? Hmmm...it's close -- triple OT over UL, 1993 win over Miami and the 28-7 win over #3 VT were a few of the best.

-Most Painful WVU Sports Moment? A few...losing to VTech in 2004 and getting heckled by the VTech students who rushed the field. 2002 Tire Bowl and 2004 Gator Bowl...completely ruined trips.

-Have you ever actually burned a couch? Nah...just office chairs

-You have to choose between a National Championship in basketball or football- which one? Football, obviously.

-Most hated rival? Virginia Tech. I'd like them to lose every game forever and ever.

-Most embarrassing WVU-related item you’ve ever purchased? Cannot think of anything at the moment.

-Most hardcore drinking moment? I've woke up outside a few times not sure how I had gotten there...probably one of those times.

-Favorite game-day tradition? Listening to a variety of Country Roads versions on GameDay...and to the pre-game on the radio I guess.

-If John Beilein and Rich Rodriguez squared off in a dual, who would win? Regardless of who won, we would all lose.

-Favorite current player, football or basketball? Changes on a daily basis...following the RU game, it's Jarrett Brown. But picking one is just too difficult.

Posted on: 12/5/2006 7:10 pm

Party Machine
From Charleston WV
How did you become a Mountaineer fan?
Grew up in Charleston, WV. My dad listened to Jack Fleming. My dad taped the 1984 Boston College vs. WVU. I can't remember how many times the family watched that tape to see Doug Flutie lose.
2006 Sugar Bowl
Block punt in the 1996 Miami game
No. When I was in grad school for the 1991 season there were no reasons to burning any couches.
Football. (It's harder to acheive.)
-Most hated rival?
Va Tech (My undergrad is from WVU Tech). Marshall is a close second only because I live in the Kanawha Valley and I'm surrounded by Marshall Thundering Terd grad who run their mouths all the time.
Can't remember.
1989 Pitt game party in my dorm room at WV Tech.
MSN radio coverage. For night games, trying to get the kids to bed before the game starts.
I need to wait to find out if Rich Rod stays or goes.
Pat White (look what happens when he is not 100%)

Posted on: 12/5/2006 9:22 pm

Noob
From Parkersburg WV
-How did you become a Mountaineer fan? It's genetic. My first game was the 1975 win over Pitt. Plus, went to WVU more years than I care to remember.
-Favorite WVU Sports Moment? Beating Doug Flutie in the early 80's. Great as he might have been, he never beat the Mountaineers!
-Most Painful WVU Sports Moment? The 1990 "tie" with Pitt. It still hurts worse than a loss.
-Have you ever actually burned a couch? I've sat on one that has burned...does that count?
basketball or football- which one? Football!!!!
-Most hated rival? Pitt, of course!
-Most embarrassing WVU-related item you’ve ever purchased? Obnoxious beads that made use lose the game.
-Most hardcore drinking moment? oh geez...probably the Pitt game of 90...who knows?
-Favorite game-day tradition? The first-down hand thingy.
-If John Beilein and Rich Rodriguez squared off in a dual, who would win? Rich. Gotta go with the Marion County boy.
-Favorite current player, football or basketball? Pat White. He meows.

Posted on: 12/14/2006 5:55 pm

Suspected Punter
From Clarksburg, WV
How did you become a Mountaineer fan? Everybody in my entire family is a mountaineer fan so I just kept the tradition going.

-Favorite WVU Sports Moment? 2005 3-OT (only person in my family who saw WVU come back cause everybody else in my family decided to turn the game off) and the SUGAR BOWL thank you Fake Punt Phil.

-Most Painful WVU Sports Moment? Being at the game in 2000 when we played Notred Dame and lost and I had Notre Dame fans in front of me celebrating. I vowed from that point on to completely despise Notre Dame and to put down Notre Dame fans any chance I get

-Have you ever actually burned a couch? Not yet....

-You have to choose between a National Championship in basketball or football- which one? FOOTBALL, but i wouldn't mind one in basketball either

-Most hated rival? Pitt and Notre Dame i know Notre Dame isn't actually a rival, but f*ck'em anyway

-Most embarrassing WVU-related item you’ve ever purchased? I don't have any embarassing WVU items.

-Most hardcore drinking moment? Mccormick Tequila the shit comes in plastic bottle and can and will f*ck you up .

-Favorite game-day tradition? listening to Country Roads
and the Gold N Blue

-If John Beilein and Rich Rodriguez squared off in a dual, who would win? Coach Rod cause the dude is crazy

-Favorite current player, football or basketball? Slaton, White, and Schmitt. For basketball Joe Alexander.

Posted on: 12/15/2006 10:34 am

Makin' it Rain
From sunset beach, nc
-How did you become a Mountaineer fan?Lived in St Albans till I was twelve. Was hooked from birth. Dad's a Mountaineer freak. Can remember listening to games on the radio and walking outside and hearing the game throughout the neighborhood.
-Favorite WVU Sports Moment? Watching dejected Georgia fans..Major Harris' huge TD pass against Penn State. Wake Forest game..soo many more.
-Most Painful WVU Sports Moment? Leaving the Louisville game this past year. Their fans were relentless. Losing National Championship to Notre Dame.
basketball or football- which one? Basketball would be awesome, but please!
-Most hated rival? Pitt..and everyone else
Not embarrased by any of them
-Most hardcore drinking moment? Puking on the sidewalk after a Neil Young concert as the crowd walked by on the way to the parking lot..among others
-Favorite game-day tradition? Just putting my WV duds on, catching a buzz, and talking shit.
-If John Beilein and Rich Rodriguez squared off in a dual, who would win? If Beilein can make past the first few rounds, he's got a chance.
-Favorite current player, football or basketball? Probably Pat White. But I like a lot of those guys. Hostetler may be my all time choice.

Posted on: 3/3/2007 7:45 am

Pitt Hater
From St. Albans/Morgantown, WV
-How did you become a Mountaineer fan? Well I live in St. Albans and everyone around here and my family are huge fns so it was kind of natural I ended up one lol.
-Favorite WVU Sports Moment? Winning the Rutgers game this year , and winning the gator Bowl
-Most Painful WVU Sports Moment? Losing to Louisville this year and I was at the USF agme when we lost
-Have you ever actually burned a couch? nooo, buti have yet to graduate so I will be at WVU in a couple years , maybe I will then
basketball or football- which one? Football but either would be sweet
-Most hated rival? Louisville
-Most embarrassing WVU-related item you’ve ever purchased? I don't think I have any
-Most hardcore drinking moment? I dont think I have any "hardcore" ones... lol
-Favorite game-day tradition? just hanging out with my friends or whoever and watching it, and w/e we get into lol and winning lol
-If John Beilein and Rich Rodriguez squared off in a dual, who would win? Coach Rod just cause he's always mad and hes bigger lol
-Favorite current player, football or basketball? wow I love them all lol... but I really mis last year's b-ball players

Posted on: 3/3/2007 11:13 am

Suspected Punter
From Saint Petersburg, FL
-How did you become a Mountaineer fan? Born in Philippi, raised in Morgantown and Elkins. Mountaineer by birth. Went to school with Jack Fleming's granddaughter.
-Favorite WVU Sports Moment? A number of them over 4 decades (three decades of which I can remember). The win at Oklahoma in '82 I believe. The Syracuse game to wrap up the perfect season of '88. The Miami game in '93. Sugar Bowl '06- the look on the Georgia fans' faces and the FAKE PUNT. Balls of steel Coach Rod!!
-Most Painful WVU Sports Moment? The Fiesta Bowl loss to ND in '89. The Sugar Bowl loss to Florida in '93. The whole entire streak of bowl losses.
-Have you ever actually burned a couch? No. A new phenomenon created after I graduated.
basketball or football- which one? Football in New Orleans 2008.
-Most hated rival? Pitt, with VA Tech coming on strong.
-Most embarrassing WVU-related item you’ve ever purchased? Nothing,.........yet.
-Most hardcore drinking moment? The details are fuzzy, but it involves kegs of beer, shots of vodka, incoherent speech, trouble walking, a pretty girl, and a permanent marker.
-Favorite game-day tradition? The Pride at midfield.
-If John Beilein and Rich Rodriguez squared off in a dual, who would win? The Big East.
-Favorite current player, football or basketball? Pat White because of his toughness.

Posted on: 3/4/2007 1:14 am

Suspected Punter
From Charlotte, NC
How did you become a Mountaineer fan? I was never really a fan until two years ago when I decided to come to WVU. But the day I decided to come to WVU (the same night of the sugar bowl win). I was hook forever.

-Favorite WVU Sports Moment? Watching Georgia fans cry like 5 years old as Slaton dust their D-fense like it was nothing.

-Most Painful WVU Sports Moment? That damn 3-pointer that Texas player took at the end of that sweet sixteen game last year. That killed me. I cried the whole night. It was as if someone took my heart and rip it out.

-Have you ever actually burned a couch? Sadly no.

basketball or football- which one? Basketball would be nice, but football would be better

-Most hated rival? Pitt, VT, and anyone who dislike my mountaineers.

-Most embarrassing WVU-related item you’ve ever purchased? None as of now.

-Most hardcore drinking moment? The night my ex-boyfriend didn't come and visit me. Yea... I threw up on drunk bus and for a good six hours from 6:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m.

-Favorite game-day tradition? Listening to WVU related music and chillin with friends

-If John Beilein and Rich Rodriguez squared off in a dual, who would win? As much as I like Beilein. Rich Rod would own.

-Favorite current player, football or basketball? PAT WHITE!!!

Posted on: 3/9/2007 1:07 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Monrovia MD
1. I was on the Davis & Elkins Soccer team in 1965. After we lost to WVU in the morning, they took us to the WVU 63 Pitt 48 game that afternoon. I was hooked. I got season tickets in 1970 and have been here since. My Master's and Doctorate is from WVU, and both my daughters have degrees from here in athletic training. My oldest daughter married Mark Johnson #8, the kicker on the 88 & 89 teams.

2. Major Harris' run in the Penn State game the first time we beat them in 30 years.

3. Basketball-last night's loss to Louisville. Football. The 88 loss to ND. I believe to this day we would have won had Harris not been injured.

4. No couches burned. Burned a Pitt flag in the parking lot, hanging from a Pitt RV.

5. National Championship-Football Next January over USC.

6. Always and forever, Pitt, but Louisville is closing in.

7. Nothing with the flying WV is embarrassing.

8. New Year's day-1970-Shots of sloe gin, screwdrivers and rum and coke don't mix. What you puke is bright red. I thought I was hemmorhaging. I have not been stinking drunk since.

9. Simple Gifts by the Pride. I choke up every time.

10. Rich Rod, but, like his team, Belien would never quit. He'd have to be killed or knocked cold.

11. Schmitt. I am a sucker for his story.

Posted on: 3/9/2007 11:35 am

From Boone County, WV
Quote:
4. No couches burned. Burned a Pitt flag in the parking lot, hanging from a Pitt RV.

WOW..can we give this man some kind of award for this?

Posted on: 3/9/2007 5:57 pm

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 18 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved