We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 »

Noah Cottrill signs with WVU
Suspected Punter
Noah Cottrill officially signed

Awesome to have his signature, even though it's been a given that he's coming here all along. Still good to see it be a done deal.

Posted on: 11/12/2009 12:15 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Noah Cottrill signs with WVU
Pitt Hater
From Seaside, Ca
Good stuff. Maybe he will be the next Jerry West. Ok reaching there but good to see in state talent staying home to play.

Posted on: 11/12/2009 3:29 pm

I did it in a Cowboy Hat, Flip Flops and Chapstick Hooah!!! ---Stimpy

All stops here ---Someone famous

Pitt Hater
Good to see him sticking to his committment. I am sure alot fo teams were recruiting him.

Posted on: 11/12/2009 4:30 pm

Pitt Hater
From Washington, DC
Word is he's engaged to a girl who is also starting at WVU in the fall.

Congratulations Noah, glad you stayed home.

Posted on: 11/12/2009 5:02 pm

Makin' it Rain
Quote:
MikeO says:
Congratulations Noah, glad you stayed home.

I concur. Keep working hard Noah. Next year we are eager to cheer for you!

Posted on: 11/12/2009 5:11 pm

Noob
From Charleston, WV
Cottrill is the best shooting/point guard I've personally ever seen in high school. I'm sure their have been better, but I've watched this kid play several times now and he never ceases to amaze me with his quick, three-point shot. He has a quick release reminiscent of Gansey, but he is also deadly accurate and is unfazed by a hand in his face...

And the thing that double impressed me about Noah is his defensive positioning. He has quick hands and is extremely fast...

Someone mentioned the next West... not sure about that. Not sure anyone will break the trademarks records, but I think this kid has a opportunity to jump in and actually start next year and contribute in the points column...

If Huggs puts just a little bit more meat on this kids bones, teaches a little more about the game and then lets him loose... I'm pretty excited about the possibilities...

Posted on: 11/13/2009 8:23 am

Party Machine
From NORTHERN ARIZONA (Heart's in WV)
What I don't get is why the guy has played for THREE different high schools--Logan, Mountain State Academy and Poca. What's up with that????????????

Posted on: 11/13/2009 8:31 am

Pitt Hater
From Beckley
Quote:

partygirl wrote:
What I don't get is why the guy has played for THREE different high schools--Logan, Mountain State Academy and Poca. What's up with that????????????

He is from Poca, thus that is where he started high school. His junior year, he transferred to Mountain State in order to up his game against a higher level of competition. It was the right move at the the time for him in my opinion.

However, the head coach at Mountain State left the school this past summer and the Cottril's considered following the coach to his next location, but that didn't work out.

In the meantime, his father was "offered a job" in Logan, so the family now resides in Logan, which allows Noah to legally play for Logan high school according to WVSSAC rules. If his family doesn't move, he's not eligible to play this year.

Posted on: 11/13/2009 8:51 am

Open in new window

Makin' it Rain
Truth: 'offered a job'. heh.

Posted on: 11/13/2009 6:23 pm

Pitt Hater
From Beckley
Quote:

chaswv wrote:
Truth: 'offered a job'. heh.

Ahhh... yeah.. exactly... Seriously, it's all legal as long as the kid is living in district... When I was in high school, Jennings Boyd won seven straight AA basketball titles at Norfolk High School... You don't win that many titles in a row without the local community "offering jobs" to certain families that can help put you on the map. It happens...

As for Noah going to Morgantown because he's engaged to a girl going there? That's pretty ironic, since he's been dating one of my good friend's daughter for the past two years... Not saying that this can't be true, but he sure did hook up with some girl pretty fast be engaged already...

Posted on: 11/14/2009 9:10 pm

Open in new window

Gettin' Schmitty
From Monrovia MD
I remember when Beckley Woodrow Wilson did that all the time. Some stud kid would get a rep in Charleston or Huntington in junor high then his dad would end up mining or doing custodial work in Beckley. I always wondered if those jobs came with 3 year contracts.

Posted on: 11/16/2009 11:27 am

From Boone County, WV
Sherman plays Logan this year (I think) so I'll get to see Cotrill in action. I might just drive down there to Logan to see him anyway it's not a bad trip at all thanks to Corridor G.

Posted on: 11/25/2009 3:31 pm

Suspected Punter
From Gauley bridge, WV
Anybody know anything about this kid Jack Flournoy, I think he might have played ball with Noah in AAU. Word on the street is that Huggins was in Oak Hill WV tonight watching Flournoy play.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recrui ... d%3d80886%26season%3d2012

Posted on: 1/20/2010 12:28 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From clarksburg,wv.
i have seen him play twice. we do not have a point guard on our team right now with his skills.

Posted on: 1/20/2010 1:14 pm

Pitt Hater
From Buckhannon, WV
danny, so does he look like the player to help fill that void next year. I think truck has progressed nicely in the last 3-4 games as the point, he's passing the ball and not forcing it. He's also getting his points as well. I think its the rest of the team thats struggling, Butler isn't making his shots, Ebanks can't even make a simple layup or a shot 3ft from the basket. Jones just had a bad game at SU when he fouled out. Mitchell still hasn't adjusted to the BE ( probably be long time before he does). Peppers has been coming on as a good freshman, Smith has been looking sloppy recently with fouls an not getting his points. Mazzulla, well he's a defensive player that can drive on occasions but can't shoot until that shoulder is 100%. Cam comes in for fouls an toughness on D as well as gives heart when we need it. Flowers haven't seen him much lately, though he does play decent D. I think they'll start to click before the BE tournament when it counts.

Posted on: 1/20/2010 1:28 pm

Makin' it Rain
somewhat OT: did Perry Henry (6-3 Jr. South Charleston HS, rated a '92' in Scouts/ESPN) receive an offer/verbaly commit to WVU for 2011? Check out the fifth paragraph of today's Gazette story Henry's big finish lifts SC past Woodrow.

Had not heard this.

Posted on: 1/20/2010 1:42 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From clarksburg,wv.
his vision on the court and ball skills are just short of phenomenal i could see him getting a lot of playing time.each of our pg has his own strengths but he seems to have it all on off., will need to work a little on def. but still a solid def. player.

Posted on: 1/20/2010 1:44 pm

Here for the Beer
From Crab Orchard (near Beckley)
Quote:

Buckshot69em wrote:
Anybody know anything about this kid Jack Flournoy, I think he might have played ball with Noah in AAU. Word on the street is that Huggins was in Oak Hill WV tonight watching Flournoy play.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recrui ... d%3d80886%26season%3d2012

A buddy of mine was at that game. Huggins was there. My friend's daughter got a picture with Huggy bear. He told me that he actually saw Huggs smile.

Posted on: 1/23/2010 10:26 am

Here for the Beer
From Crab Orchard (near Beckley)
Quote:

danny681 wrote:
his vision on the court and ball skills are just short of phenomenal i could see him getting a lot of playing time.each of our pg has his own strengths but he seems to have it all on off., will need to work a little on def. but still a solid def. player.

Cottrill is averaging just over 30 pts a game. He averaged 25 last year at MSA. I think he got 36 in his last game. Supposed to be a great 3pt shooter.

Posted on: 1/23/2010 10:29 am

Here for the Beer
From Beckley, WV
Good point guards are hard to come by. Huggy can get a slew of the big power forwards so to see him stockpiling PG's is just another reason to love him. Is it wrong to have my kids include him in their prayers of things to be thankful for?

Posted on: 1/23/2010 12:08 pm

(1) 2 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved