We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 »

Allan Wasonga
Here for the Beer
From Salem, WV
West Virginia junior Allan Wasonga gaining interest
Class of 2011 running back Allan Wasonga (Parkersburg, W.V.) is currently holding a written offer from Ohio and a verbal one from Syracuse, ESPN affiliate Web site EerSports.com reports.

Other programs such as West Virginia, Ohio State, Maryland, Florida State, UCLA and Marshall are also showing interest.

Last season, he rushed for 1,937 yards and 25 touchdowns.

Posted on: 9/18/2009 2:49 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Allan Wasonga
Pitt Hater
From Seaside, Ca
Dear God,

I know I dont write much, say much, or keep in contact as often as I should. BUT:) Please please please dear Lord dont let local talet, home grown talent ever be led off by the wolves. Let them stay and Shine. I promise I will be a good boy from now on. Again Please let them stay in state:)

Posted on: 9/18/2009 9:33 pm

I did it in a Cowboy Hat, Flip Flops and Chapstick Hooah!!! ---Stimpy

All stops here ---Someone famous

Pitt Hater
From Seaside, Ca
LOL I could not keep from saying that. Everone has stopped and asked for something like that but to be fully 100% real. I hope this kid stays in state like Josh Jenkins did. We need to keep home grown talent like This kid, Josh, Williams and all the others we have from this great state.

Posted on: 9/18/2009 9:36 pm

I did it in a Cowboy Hat, Flip Flops and Chapstick Hooah!!! ---Stimpy

All stops here ---Someone famous

Pitt Hater
From Spring Hill, WV
235 yards on 16 carries to go along with four touchdowns in less than 2 quarters.

http://newsandsentinel.com/page/conte ... l/id/521822.html?nav=5063

Posted on: 9/19/2009 9:05 am

Makin' it Rain
From South Charleston
My daughter who is not a football expert, but she is an athlete said last week after the South Charleston, - Parkersburg game that Wasonga was "a beast", and "Daggone he is good"

Posted on: 9/19/2009 9:17 am

Suspected Punter
From Cambridge,ohio
Thw young man also goes on to say,HE IS NOT A WV FAN,has always liked the buckeyes and hopes they offer !!!!

Posted on: 9/19/2009 12:30 pm

Suspected Punter
From brooklyn, NY
I may be wrong, but he recently moved to WV. Although he does play HS football there, he really isn't from there.

Gotta treat him just like anyone else. If he wants to come in and compete with our great backs, I'm sure we will be glad to have him.

Posted on: 9/20/2009 4:51 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Robertsdale,Al via parkersburg
he moved from pt pleasant wich is in WEST VIRGINIA

Posted on: 9/20/2009 5:24 pm

Suspected Punter
From brooklyn, NY
Quote:

wvsouth1 wrote:
he moved from pt pleasant wich is in WEST VIRGINIA

I lived in WV for 22 years. I know he came from Point, good ol mason county, Mothman land. But before HS, he didn't grow up in mason county. He wasn't born in WV, didn't go to elementary school there, and most likely WVU doesn't that nostalgic feeling that it does for Reed, Jenkins, Quincy, etc..

Posted on: 9/21/2009 5:53 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Williamstown, WV
Quote:

marsblackmon wrote:
...he didn't grow up in mason county. He wasn't born in WV, didn't go to elementary school there, and most likely WVU doesn't that nostalgic feeling that it does for Reed, Jenkins, Quincy, etc..

Tell that to Owen Schmitt!!!
Lol!!

Posted on: 9/21/2009 11:26 am

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
He's from Kenya...

Posted on: 9/21/2009 11:59 am

Gettin' Schmitty
KENYA?wow I had no idea

Posted on: 9/21/2009 12:02 pm

Pitt Hater
From Washington, DC
Everybody keep hold of their shorts on this.

Wasonga had been very very good. He'll get a LOOK from WVU. But he's not the first running back to obliterate WV High School football. I can think of three or four off the top of my head (Bridgeport had a kid rush for 2,300 yards and like 30 TDs back in 2005 when they won the State Title...).

The coaching staff, with the Josh Jenkins and Wes Tonkery signings, have proven that they're monitoring the best in-state talent.

If there's a knock on Wasonga, it is probably that I believe he only currently plays Running Back. He'll have a hard time making the roster at that position for WVU and might need to switch to CB or something.

Posted on: 9/21/2009 12:13 pm

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
Wasn't this the guy that BIGBLACKJACK was talking about last year and everybody just ripped his ass about it??

Posted on: 9/21/2009 1:27 pm

Pitt Hater
From Spring Hill, WV
Quote:

notsoldtimer wrote:
Wasn't this the guy that BIGBLACKJACK was talking about last year and everybody just ripped his ass about it??

Yes. He had his ball busted quite a bit.

Posted on: 9/21/2009 3:59 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
Quote:

MikeOly wrote:
Everybody keep hold of their shorts on this.

Wasonga had been very very good. He'll get a LOOK from WVU. But he's not the first running back to obliterate WV High School football. I can think of three or four off the top of my head (Bridgeport had a kid rush for 2,300 yards and like 30 TDs back in 2005 when they won the State Title...).

The coaching staff, with the Josh Jenkins and Wes Tonkery signings, have proven that they're monitoring the best in-state talent.

If there's a knock on Wasonga, it is probably that I believe he only currently plays Running Back. He'll have a hard time making the roster at that position for WVU and might need to switch to CB or something.

curt warner,he ditched us for penn st,randy moss to notre dame,fsu and then marshall,just to name a few

Posted on: 9/21/2009 5:27 pm

Suspected Punter
From Vienna, WV
I live in Parkersburg, and I played fullback for PHS. I have been to the games this season to see this kid. He is legit. i saw him leap over one guy then lower his shoulder to go through the next for a touchdown. all within 5 yards at the end of a 4 6 yard sprint. He's the real deal.

Posted on: 9/23/2009 12:57 pm

Party Machine
I agree with curtis3428. I've seen him a couple times this year and he's a beast. The Huntington High coach, after Allan laid 188 yards on his team in two quarters, said he was the complete package: speed (which he was lacking last year), acceleration, strength and field of vision. He said Wasonga could play at any D-I school in the nation, to which the reporter commented, "Perhaps, but he's only a junior." The coach replied, "Yeah. Thanks for bringing that up."

Posted on: 9/23/2009 2:27 pm

Noob
From BUCKLAND,Oh
I have seen him play since he was in 5th grade,I live in Ohio (who would a guessed?)
All that the Ohio State coaches are doing is waiting on this kid to pass his SAT and ACT and get cleared for college admissions.
Don't be surprised if he does comnit to Ohio State this Summer at camp.
Don't sell him short on any aspect if you watched this kid play Basketball or football in JR High you would know you just had seen something special he was heads and tails above any kid on the floor or field no matter who he played against.
He played as a Freshman at Wahama HS and was a total beast on a team that is a single A power in West Virginia.
He has never been lacking in speed that is now and has always been his strong point! Last year he was a bit frail in build,he isn't now!

HE WILL BE A BUCKEYE!
I just hope he pans out better than all the rest of them that we came over there and took?

Posted on: 10/1/2009 2:38 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
Pretty confident,eh?

Posted on: 10/1/2009 2:44 pm

(1) 2 3 »

Login
Username:

Password: