We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2)

Re: WVU vs other BE Recruting class
Gettin' Schmitty
From Mannington, WV
Ray Rice averaged 5 yards a carry because he had about a billion carries every year.

I wouldn't call Rice "elite" but he was a very good college back and he basically carried that offense the past two seasons. To me, his biggest asset was that he was just flat out a work horse... Most backs, if given as many carries as he was, would have physically broken down and had as lot of injuries that he just never had. IMO if Slaton had been given as many carries as Rice he would have been hurt all the time.

In the three seasons that both Rice and Slaton were primary starters, Rice carried the ball 910 times while Slaton only had 664 carries. That kind of physical beating is going to knock most guys out of the game and that's what Rutgers will miss the most about Rice.

Posted on: 6/27/2008 9:00 am
[EERCrazy] 6:11 pm: no.....but big girls need loving too and they're all beautiful in the dark with they're ankles around
their ears
[EERCrazy] 6:19 pm: All women look exactly the same if you strip them naked and make 'em stand on their heads!!
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
From Parkersburg. WV
preluderl wrote:
Most teams in the Big East... WVU, Rutgers, USF, UConn, Cincinnati are all moving the right direction...

You left off Syracuse. Certainly Syracuse is a Big East team moving in the right direction...because when you are at the rock bottom of DI-A football, there isn't anywhere else to go but up :)

Posted on: 6/27/2008 9:42 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Mannington, WV
haha Well, I didn't really think of it that way Psy... mainly because I don't see them crawling out of the basement anytime soon.

They've become the new Temple of the Big East.

Posted on: 6/27/2008 3:32 pm
[EERCrazy] 6:11 pm: no.....but big girls need loving too and they're all beautiful in the dark with they're ankles around
their ears
[EERCrazy] 6:19 pm: All women look exactly the same if you strip them naked and make 'em stand on their heads!!

Pitt Hater
From Parkersburg. WV
That's for sure, and I don't really mind them being the bottom-feeders (as long as they either win a few non-conference games or at least start scheduling MAC and Sun Belt teams instead of scheduling 3 Big 10 teams every year)

Since the 1992 fight that got our starters ejected and cost us the game (even though their player started the fight but didn't get tossed - that was Harrison I believe) I've never liked them (probably dislike them more than Pitt, but that is debatable. Then, when they were willing to stab the Big East in the back and go running to the ACC, I lost what little respect I still had for them

Plus, I never really liked Coach Pastromi or Pantaloni or Pasqualoni (whatever the heck his name was). That guy was creepy

Posted on: 6/27/2008 4:30 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Mannington, WV
And how long is Greg Robinson going to be allowed to keep that job anyway? I can't believe he hasn't been fired yet.

Posted on: 6/27/2008 4:32 pm
their ears

Pitt Hater
From Lovetron
Rutger is a decent school and it is pretty close to NYC (taxi and a train ride) that very appealing also schiano is a very good coach but I don't think he'll stay at Rutger too long. They have a very small stadium and New Jersey won't built it any bigger.
I Joe Pa leaves PSU Schiano is G O N E gone!

Posted on: 6/27/2008 9:47 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Beckley, WV
whoah schiano to PSU?
pretty big prediction, eh?

Posted on: 6/28/2008 8:28 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From WVU NEEDS A GOLF TEAM!
Let's not forget that Schiano had a chance to take the Michigan job before Rod as it was offered to him and he flatly turned it down.

That to me speaks to his commitment to the RU program and the school and fans. These young guys are not as stupid and some think, they fully understand that Schiano turned his back on the "storied" program at Michigan to stay loyal to RU. I think that's the main reason these players are committing to RU, they trust Schiano.

Having said that, Stu and Doc and the paint crew will catch up by LOI day and likely sign more 4 and 5 stars than RU.

Posted on: 6/28/2008 9:08 am

Pitt Hater
From Lovetron
I believe Schiano already coached at Penn State. He also has said that he would be interesed in the job.

Posted on: 6/28/2008 9:29 am

Pitt Hater
From Parkersburg. WV
It doesn't matter because JoePa will never die, or at least it will appear that way. I see PSU attempting to pass him off as immortal by pulling a "Weekend at Bernie's" after JoePa finally expires. Anybody know a good taxidermist?

Posted on: 6/28/2008 9:34 am

Pitt Hater
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

WVUbabi07 wrote:
RU is starting to annoy me.
They need to stop, this is our year, not theirs.

No we need to kick their arse to make it our year. No one owes us anything and thats ok because we have the team to make it our year.

Posted on: 6/28/2008 9:51 am

Pitt Hater
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

preluderl wrote:
haha Well, I didn't really think of it that way Psy... mainly because I don't see them crawling out of the basement anytime soon.

They've become the new Temple of the Big East.

I still mystified how Syracuse can be so bad with its history. I think they are the poster child for teams like WVU who may think that it can't happen, that they will always be at the top.

What I mean by that is there is a tremendous effort that goes into to making a successful D-1 program. Then on top of that you have to execute i.e. you have to get results. We have really been blessed with some good football people over the last 27 years that have built WVU into a competitive college program despite having very little home recruiting base and no major media market.

If you think of our success in those terms it is amazing.

Posted on: 6/28/2008 9:58 am

Noob
From Princeton, West Virginia
jokr y wud u want them to have betr players.

Posted on: 5/9/2009 12:59 pm

Noob
From Princeton, West Virginia
I don't know y rigez left that big bhole

Posted on: 5/9/2009 1:12 pm

Party Machine
From Manassas, Va
don't forget rutgers got deantwan "rocket" williams the kid from va who visited for the south florida game i seen him play he's a better ray rice...

Posted on: 5/9/2009 5:36 pm

« 1 (2)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved